Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming to Fairfax, VA

Post imported post

I will be starting a new job with a company based out of Fairfax and I will have to travel there for a couple of weeks for training. I OC occassionally, but I CC mostly. Are there any particular hot spots that I need to watch out for?

Also, I may be in the market for a new pistol or revolver while I'm there. :celebrate Any GOOD gun shops that I could check out in the evenings possibly? I will be travelling home for the weekend, so I wont be able to go out on Sat. or Sun. to look.

BTW, I'm not asking for advice about which gun I should buy while I'm there, (although I wouldn't overlook any suggestions).

Thanks.

Post imported post

First off, welcome to Fairfax.

Thanks to state pre-emption there's not a whole lot of unusual concern. Make sure, of course that you don't break any of the state laws like the school property and courthouse laws. Also be aware when you're going on national park property. Both Shendoah and the GW parkway stand out on that front. Also watch the crossings into Maryland and DC (DC especially).

Be sure to check out the NRA museum if you get some time to. I believe it's open 10AM to 4PM M-F. A little hard to get to as a result but well worth it.

I'd recommend looking at Gilberts Small Arms down towards Lorton, and there's another tactical gear store in the next plaza which has an FFL. There's Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly but I would call them a range first and a dealer second - High prices. I'm a big fan of Loudon guns in Loudon, even though it's a few miles away.

I'd also recommend the NRA range for shooting.

Also, feel free to watch or post regarding get-togethers.

Post imported post

Welcome to Fairfax,

Blue Ridge Arsenal is on Lee Flint Rd. near Rt. 50 and Rt. 28. Open Mon- Fri 9am-9pm.Gun store and indoor range. (703) 818-0230.

You should stop by the NRA Firearms museum while your in town

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Check out Virginia Arms in southern Manassas, Guns and Ammo Warehouse just south of Va. Arms. Don't forget Quantico Arms near Potomac Mills/Dale City area.

Post imported post

http://www.quanticoarms.com/--several NoVa locations. Military/LEO discounts available if they apply to you.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

One of the standards as far as Southern gun shops in the area is Clark Brother's in Remington, VA.. most of us just think of it being a little south of Warrenton.

Others have already mentioned some other shops. Even though Fairfax is in (God it hurts to say it after reading that crap in the (Com)-Post), Northern Virginia, you'll find OC'ing to be pretty much a non-event. And CC'ing is a no brainer.

Good luck and enjoy. Which company are you joining in Fairfax?

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I'll be joining CGI. I am actually going to be working for CGI in Lebanon, VA. However, I have to go to Fairfax for training on infrastructure and stuff. So, Lord willing, I will be leaving Lebanon on Tuesday, March 11th, and will be in Fairfax until the 21st.

Post imported post

Eeyore wrote:
    http://www.quanticoarms.com/--several NoVa locations. Military/LEO discounts available if they apply to you.
    They were a GLock LE dealer, but are no longer carrying Glock at all due to a dissagreament between Glock and the owner.

Post imported post

If you have time and the desire.

VCDL meeting
    03/20/08 - Mason District Governmental Center Main Community Room
    7:30pm - 9:30pm
    Mason District Governmental Center
    6507 Columbia Pike
    Annandale, VA 22003
    For directions, call 703-256-8035

EDIT:
    There is usuallyfellowshipbefore and after.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

You should stop and meet vaopencarry at Guns & Ammo Warehouse in Manassas.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    May I ask if he is the gentleman who is a little older than the mainstream (good Lord, I hope I don't catch any flak for this) and is quite knowledgeable and affable?

If so, he spent perhaps an hour helping me pick out a holster for a K9 Kahr. He was carrying an XD at the time as I recall.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Post imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
    Check out Virginia Arms in southern Manassas, Guns and Ammo Warehouse just south of Va. Arms.*
    Great places and decent prices.

http://www.virginiaarms.com/

Check out the NRA Range

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/nrahqrange/hours.asp

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    May I ask if he is the gentleman who is a little older than the mainstream (good Lord, I hope I don't catch any flak for this) and is quite knowledgeable and affable?

Gentleman? A littleolder? Knowledgeable? Affable?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ow. My sides hurt.

No, I don't think thatwas VAopencarry.

(Sorry, VAopencarry. I couldn't help myself? )
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:

Gentleman? A littleolder? Knowledgeable? Affable?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ow. My sides hurt.

No, I don't think thatwas VAopencarry.

(Sorry, VAopencarry. I couldn't help myself? )
    Oh boy. Guess that puts in me in some hot water now.

America First!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Tess wrote:

If so, he spent perhaps an hour helping me pick out a holster for a K9 Kahr. He was carrying an XD at the time as I recall.
    Gosh, I wouldn't know. He's certainly no older than I :celebrate:celebrate
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

riegnman wrote:
    I will be starting a new job with a company based out of Fairfax and I will have to travel there for a couple of weeks for training. I OC occassionally, but I CC mostly. Are there any particular hot spots that I need to watch out for?

Also, I may be in the market for a new pistol or revolver while I'm there. :celebrate Any GOOD gun shops that I could check out in the evenings possibly? I will be travelling home for the weekend, so I wont be able to go out on Sat. or Sun. to look.

BTW, I'm not asking for advice about which gun I should buy while I'm there, (although I wouldn't overlook any suggestions).

Thanks.

If you're gonna be using the metro, remember that Rosslyn is the last stop in VA for Orange and Blue lines.

Post imported post

nickerj1 wrote:
    If you're gonna be using the metro, remember that Rosslyn is the last stop in VA for Orange and Blue lines.

Orange and Blue lines? Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand.

Post imported post

I believe Rosslyn isthe last place on the metro that you can get off before your next stop will be in DC where you will be in big trouble if you are packing a gun.

The next stop would be Foggy Bottom and that is in DC.

Here is the metro map

http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Very good! An informative and non-judgemental reply. A new day dawns and Spring is just around the corner.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Tess wrote:

Would that be Karl? (Bloody hell, I hope I got his name right; It's been a while since I've been to G&AW.)

Post imported post

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been outed!!

Carl is an old man, er... senior citizen, he doesn't work there anymore.

I am affable, when I am not looking mean, but there was another guy there my age, mid 40's, and carrys an XD also. Honestly, we don't have THAT many holsters to take an hour to try and find one. So I am guessing it was the other guy. He was quite the chatterbox.

Either way, say hi next time you are in.

Tess, I am not as old as you. :P I just look older.....

BTW, what is older then 'mainstream'? Baby Boomers are the 'mainstream' age.:what:

Citizen, ...................
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    I am affable
    Whatever helps you sleep at night :P

Post imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    I am affable
    Whatever helps you sleep at night :P
    F-you and Citizen too!!

To the OP, things to look out for would be LEO229.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    To the OP, things to look out for would be LEO229.
    He looks kind of like this:

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been outed!!

Carl is an old man, er... senior citizen, he doesn't work there anymore.

I am affable, when I am not looking mean, but there was another guy there my age, mid 40's, and carrys an XD also. Honestly, we don't have THAT many holsters to take an hour to try and find one. So I am guessing it was the other guy. He was quite the chatterbox.

Either way, say hi next time you are in.

Tess, I am not as old as you. :P I just look older.....

BTW, what is older then 'mainstream'? Baby Boomers are the 'mainstream' age.:what:

Citizen, ...................
    Oops.

Never knew how his name was spelled; but damn - Carl's not there any more? I liked the guy, no matter what age classification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast