• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should I carry a gun

LEO 229

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
I totally agree with what you are saying. I don't specificly cite home defense. That's why I related the story in the way I did. No, never admit the intent to kill, no matter what the circumstance or loacation. Me, if the occasion arises, and I have drawn my pistol, I have already made up my mind to killthat person, period! I remenber what an FBI agent (not that THAT carries any clout) told me. If you're the only one alive, there's but one version of the incident to listen to. So, I have told my family, should the occasion ever arise, DONT STOP SHOOTING, TILL THE GUN DOES....

If you ever do have to draw and shoot someone, and If the homocide detective who invariably investigates the incident is a bulldog, he may search your computer records and come across the bold staement above.

That could in reality be used to show that you had an intent to kill if ever in a situation where you needed to "stop a threat". I hope that I have never typed words of that effect, should a threat stopping shooting incident turn fatal.
The bold text sounds far worse when you exclude the reason for saying it.

There is nothing wrong with stating that youhave decidedyou willshoot if the time comes to defend yourself.

I am not sure I would say kill as this is never my intent. I only want to"stop the threat" and I understand that death could result.

And it is also true that dead men tell no tales.

WARCHILD

imported post

I'm afraid I'm going to have to relate the WHOLE story that started this thread. I try to keep my postings short and to the specific point but it takes time for me to learn this is a site for just that-- BE SPECIFIC--When I bold lettered my comment I should have said I've already made up my mind, I MAY have to kill that person! Forgive me, my excitement overrides my brain power at times. At any rate, as "Paul" would say---here's the rest of the story!

This past Oct. I was helping at my parents church pouring concrete for the new youth center. Yes, I was OCing my Taurus 9mm in a Yaqui slide holster. It got quite a bit of attention to say the least. I had permission from the Pastor to have it there, since he was informed I don't leave home without it. After we were done and enjoying the most belly aching lunch most church women can produce and watching the concrete dry, I was approached by one of the members and his wife. He was in his early thirties. He said he and his wife had signed up for cpl classes and what did I think about carrying a weapon since I had been carrying for a few years already.(information given by my mother of course). This is when I asked that infamous question! To keep religion out of the thread, I changed the question accordingly. The original question I asked, " Given your religious beliefs, can you take a human life and live with it.?" I intentionally put it in the strongest terms I could. I got the reaction I kinda expected from the git go. They BOTH turned white in the face and said " No, we don't want to kill anybody, we just want to protect ourselves." My final advice to them was, don't take the class, don't buy a gun and call 911. It would be the safest thing for both of them to do.

When I saw their reaction to my question, that's when I started asking people that as my very first question, before I gave ANY more information on buying a gun for carrying. There have been others that have had the same or similar reactions and I give them the same advice also.

Once again I'm sorry for causing such an uproar for not being specific, and not proof reading but I am learning. I have thread burises to prove it. I am glad to see the reactions to it though. I hope this kinda straighten thins out and doesn't make it worse.

Jerry

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

Kill or be Killed.Don't carry unless you're prepared to kill someone justifiably. Stopping the threat is honorable, however shooting to kill is the perps mentality. Firing until thegun is empty isn't what I'd recommend. You have to answer for your actions and you don't want to appear cruel. Besides, that's reckless and can lead to unintended consequences which you may never live down. However, I have to bow down to LEO 229 experience's over mine.

LEO 229

imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
Kill or be Killed.Don't carry unless you're prepared to kill someone justifiably. Stopping the threat is honorable, however shooting to kill is the perps mentality. Firing until thegun is empty isn't what I'd recommend. You have to answer for your actions and you don't want to appear cruel. Besides, that's reckless and can lead to unintended consequences which you may never live down. However, I have to bow down to LEO 229 experience's over mine.
You should not need to empty your gun..... at least try to keep a few rounds available in case someone else becomes a threat.

I have drawn down a few times while on the clock.

Never had to fire thankfully!! ;)

WARCHILD

imported post

Well I can't get to sleep anyway, might as well clear this one up too. Theses were teachings from many grey hairs ago. In answer to what to do if a intruder came in the house while I was at work. (in the early days, I was a 3rd shifter) My wife is 5ft 2, can't tell her weight, it's against the law. But it is the first 3 place whole number I can think of. My children were, well, still children. They were not yet comfortable with the use of handguns in general, my wife especially since she never grew up around them and even after years of helping her to be familiar with them she is still not at a safe level of comfort or confidence with them. That's why she does not have nor want a cpl even today. I commend her honesty and stand by it. Hence at that time I told them all, if someone is in the house and you can't get out, get the gun and start shooting and don't stop shootingtill the gun does. As we ALL grew up the plans changed and the get out quick if possible and dial 911, replaced most all the needs they would require in my absence. Again, excitement and lack of proof reading to edit my thoughts have caused me dismay in the way I have presented myself. But please understand, to find a place which demands the truth and PROVE it, is so refreshing it's unbelievable after years of mis-information, half truths, and flat out lies have been clearly shown in my threads. No excuse, no mal-intent just bad info. I thank all of you for your understanding and responses.

Jerry

TechnoWeenie

imported post

1. Hope not to ever be in the situation, but prepare for it nonetheless....

2. If I have to take someones life who is trying to take mine, to save my own, then I will. No regrets, #%(&ed up situation, but a necessity.

The 'only' situation where I have a problem with morality/law is in a struggle for a firearm, and I'm successful in getting it from the other guy. My NATURAL instinct is to fire, removing the threat. Under MOST states' laws, I'd be guilty of shooting a 'helpless victim'.. As far as I'm concerned, he just tried to kill me, and I am NOT going to take the chance of him having a backup weapon, or attempt to take the firearm from me. If I have a chance, I WILL stop the threat the INSTANT it's possible.

Same deal with an attacker that's rapidly approaching. If I draw, preparing to fire, if he doesn't display any weapons, he's a 'helpless victim' and I become the attacker, under the law. Morally speaking, OTOH, AFAIK, the guy is insane, or high, or SOMETHING, causing me to fear for my life, because you DON'T (continue to) run towards someone that has a firearm pointed at you unless something is wrong.

Shoot/Don't shoot simulators are great training. The one I went through was designed for LE use, which have broader 'powers' under the law, but it's still interesting to actually have to make those decisions.

As long as I acted in good faith, and truly felt a threat, then there will be no bad feelings, or regrets.

LEO 229

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
snipped.......
Shoot/Don't shoot simulators are great training. The one I went through was designed for LE use, which have broader 'powers' under the law, but it's still interesting to actually have to make those decisions.

As long as I acted in good faith, and truly felt a threat, then there will be no bad feelings, or regrets.

I have chatted about the simulators in the past.

I have done them a few time and they are excellent. I have also done the live fire house where you go in shooting and clearing the building. Absolutely the BEST!!

When you are thrown into the situation and you have very little information you have to make split second decisions you do what you can to survive.

I have shot the wrong guy before. However... I do not feel bad about it because the wrong guy placed himself in the situation needlessly and I was being shot at.

I had to react quickly or possibly be killed. Hell, I was already taking fire and this guy appeared to be a threat as he jumped out.

Point being.... when the news rakes a cop over the coals for shooting the wrong guy in that situation.. I am sympathise. I DID IT TOO!!! Just not for real.

This is why I would love for those playing arm chair quarterbacking to do a few and see how they do. I am POSITIVE they would change their mind. It is easy to judge others from the safety of your home. :D

No matter how much training you have.... when the threat appears you have fractions of a second to decide to shoot or don't shoot. If you wait too long.. YOU'RE DEAD!!

Marco

imported post

Shoot/Don't shoot simulators are great training.

I have chatted about the simulators in the past.

I have done them a few times and they are excellent.
Center Mass Firearms in Henderson (just outside Las Vegas)NV has one that non sworn persons can use.
The GunStorein Las Vegashad one, I'm not sure it is still up and running.

Ever shoot Paladin?
The matches held@Desert Sportsman's had some scenarios that were based off really shoot outs.
Theman on man shoot outs were exciting and pitted your skills against other shooters.

EDIT:
If you choose not to carry your relying on someone else to protect and defend you, who doesn't know you

How close are they:question:
Are theyprepared to save your A**:question:

expvideo

imported post

I value my life and the lives of the people I care about enough to protect them from anyone that would harm them. For me it's that simple. I would hate myself and go through a very hard emotional time if I had to kill someone. I would never be able to let go of that, and it would haunt me until the day I died. I know this. But how you handle having to kill someone after the fact is irrelevant. It's how you handle it at the moment of truth, and I am confident that I would have no problem placing my life at a higher value than my attacker's. I've had to draw down on someone before. In fact, a few people. I'll do anything I can to not have to pull that trigger, but there is a very very thin line between whether or not I'm pulling that trigger, and if it's come to me pulling the gun, you are walking that thin line already. I would hate to have to shoot someone, but I would not hesitate again.

I've hesitated before in a moment-of-truth situation, where I should have shot someone. A young man wearing gang clothing came across the parking lot at the night club I was at and pointed a mac11 machine pistol at a crowd of about 30 people. I took cover behind a van, unnoticed, and drew my gun. I put the axel of the van between me and the gunman and aimed over the hood, still unnoticed. Behind me was an SUV full of people. In front of me were 15 yards and a very thin gangster. I had a Sig P220 in .45acp. The gangster had 5 friends 10 yardsbehind him with cars between me and them to provide them cover. I had 7+1 in new Speer Gold Dot ammo that I had just purchased as carry ammo and hadn't practiced with. I had 1 spare 7 round mag.

I started thinking about the shot and whether I could make it. It was 15 yards and Ihad never used this ammo before. Past the gunman was a busy street. I would have to get a headshot to take him down, because I don't want him emptying that pistol into the crowd. What if the headshot doesn't instantly drop him? How many people will be shot? What if I miss? What if he empties that 32 round mag in my direction, killing everyone in that SUV behind me? What if his friends are armed? Do I have enough rounds to engage in a fire fight? What if it's just an airsoft gun and he's just acting tough? Would I be able to live with myself knowing that I offed some teenage kid with an airsoft gun?

Every question in the world went through my mind at once. I froze and didn't know what to do. Through stressed and involuntary logic, I decided that the only way I could take the shot was if he started shooting first. I knew it was the wrong choice, but I never knew how much pressure that shot would be. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Sirens wailed in the distance. The gangster looked back at his friends, said something tough to the crowd and ran away. I was full of emotions. I was afraid of my new found impotence. The moment of truth had come, and I had failed at what I always thought would have been a no-brainer. I mean how much more Chuck Norris can it get? This was the ultimate action movie scene and there was no mistaking that the guy was a badguy. But I didn't do what Chuck Norris would have done. I didn't know how to feel. I was joyful that I didn't have to kill anyone, but I was horrified by the event. I tried to blame it on my firearm, and not being confident enough in it, but I knew inside that the only piece of my equipment that failed was me.

For years following, and even to this day, I have had dreams where I'm faced with having to shoot someone. I shoot aburglar who was trying to kill my family, only to have him not die until he's explained to me that I was misunderstanding what he was doing, and I was wrong to shoot him. All of a sudden the world is against me and I don't know whether I was right or wrong for shooting, even though it was so clear when it happened.

I trained more, and dealt with the feelings. I switched calibers and ammo and got more confident with my gun. I know that if the time comes when I have to face the moment of truth again I will have more confidence than I did the last time. But I still fear it more than anything. I am so afraid to kill another person, and I hope I never have to.

Fast forward a year from this event. I am at my apartment and my friend is being a little more careless with a firearm than he should. He doesn't know anything about gun safety because he has never shot a gun before. Long story short, we were stupid and I ended up being shot. I don't want to talk about that, so don't ask. Anyway, BANG!

The .25acp bullet enters near the center of my chest, between my left nipple and my sternum. It feels like I was punched in the chest. I look down at my navy blue tee shirt and see a little hole. I'm euphoric. I lift my shirt and see another hole. I touch it and look at the tip of my right middle finger. There is aquarter inchring of blood. Am I dreaming? Suddenly time slows down and all I can see is that ring. My chest isn't bleeding, just the ring of blood. A little red jagged circle. I snap out of it and realize that this has to be fixed. I feel no pain. I go out to the kitchen because there is more light. I remember hearing a story of a man who was shot 3 times in the face with a .25 and the bullets barely broke skin. I though that maybe I could cut the bullet out of me if it was close to the top. I felt the hole again. I felt a rib on either side of my finger and came to the most horrifying realization of my life: the bullet is inside of me. I looked at my roommate who looked at me as if he was looking at a ghost. I said "it went in". He didn't respond because he was frozen. I say "I'm going to faint" but no one comes to catch me. I say it again, and I fall. I hit my head on the entertainment center and everything goes black.

Suddenly, shooting pain! My lungs! I open my eyes to see paramedics and I have a plastic oxygen hand pump in my mouth. Every time it pumps air in, I feel a horrible pain from the bottom of my lungs. I would later find out that I had died and they had revived me. I also died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. I felt so tired and all I could think about, besides howurgent it was that I go to sleep right that moment,was how I wasn't ready to die and that everything was happening so fast. I wasn't ready. The paramedics kept telling me to stay awake. The ambulance ride was actually really fast. I would have thought that it would havefelt likeit hadtaken forever, but it didn't. I remember seeing the florescent lights on the ceiling, just like in the movies. For some reason seeing that was both comforting and scary at the same time.

I got to the hospital and I was suddenly surrounded by doctors and surgeons. They put me in a hospital bed kind of thing and sat me up. They told me that they were going to put me under for surgery. I felt childish. I felt completely helpless and all I could think to say was "don't let me die" and "don't tell call my mom". She was in California for a training for her job and I didn't want her to worry. They put the mask on me to knock me out, and I was afraid. All this time I was supposed to not fall asleep and now they're putting me to sleep!

I wake up. It's still like the movies. Everything is blurry and slowly comes into focus. My mom is sitting next to me with my sister. I have tubes hooked to all of my arms and a big tube going down my throat. I couldn't talk and breathing was weird and painful. My sister handed me an blank book and a pen. I couldn't raise my arms, so I had to I couldn't see whatI was writing. I wrote "Mom, I got shot". She said she knew, and told me that the bullet had gone through my heart. I didn't believe her. That was impossible, the bullet went through my lung, I remember the pain. She reassured me. The bullet had gone through my heart, bounced off of my rib cage and lodged itself in my diaphragm, which is why it hurt to breathe. I looked down and there was a red line from the top of my sternum to the bottom of my abs. It was stapled shut and looked like it was from an old Frankenstein movie.

Recovery was the most painful part of all. It took a long time and it made me feel helpless. I have to stop writing because I'm having a really hard emotionaltime recalling all of these things. I'm telling you this story so that you can understand whyI am so afraid of having to shoot someone. I never want to make anyone go through this. Never. But I will, if it means protecting what matters to me. If anything, this event has taught me that there is only one thing worth using lethal force to protect, and that is human life. No property is worth causing that amount of physical and emotional pain. Not to me, at least.

So long story short, yes I could use lethal force if it was really really necessary, but I would have a really hard time dealing with it after the fact.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I also agree with attempting to stop the threat first, with most people. Myself, I'm far from ordinary. I have personaly been aquainted with 2 people who shot to stop a threat. Both were sued in civil court and lost! Both bad guys lived, but charged the use of deadly force was not warranted and they should be compensated.This was back in 1971 and1973 and I have not seen our legal system change, except for the worse, as far as victim's rights. In my opinion, there is no JUSTICE in our legal system and that's why I call it such. Criminal Law, is just that, ways to protect the criminal. But that's a political debate in itself. With these experiences and others I have read about, are why I have always taught my family to shoot to kill for their own safety and protection. Many people will disagree with me on this and that is okay by me. My experiences are what I have based my opinions on. So if the occasion arises where I have to draw my gun and just the sight of it doesn't send the BG on a dead run, then that's he's going to be, DEAD--- I won't shoot to wound and have the SOB sue me later. But that's just my opinion.
Michigan changed the law last year (stand your ground). If the shooting is justifiable the victim and/or families can't sue you civilly.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for telling your story, Expvideo. It certainly helps me understand where you are coming from on certain issues. I'm glad you recovered from that ordeal, at least physically. Horrible thing to go through.

WARCHILD

imported post

I should have said it that way in the first place. But knowing about what to post was my concern. Never admit anything you can't deny later. It still isn't the WHOLE story, but I will have to plead the 5th on the rest of the info concerning that incident. I'm glad it did clear things up a bit. And yes, it was bad enough of an experience that Imoved 30 miles away one week later. Being shot was no fun either. As I said I am extremely lucky the guy was a lousy shot. As it was a .32cal and at some distance, it imbeded inside my left leg just above the knee. Not much tissue damage but I have never felt burning pain like that in my life and hope to miss such another the rest of my life so as Connery would say "Here endeth the lesson". Thanks for your understanding

Jerry

Sorry guys, just noticed I posted this reply in the wrong place.

expvideo

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Thanks for telling your story, Expvideo. It certainly helps me understand where you are coming from on certain issues. I'm glad you recovered from that ordeal, at least physically. Horrible thing to go through.
Thank you.

Flintlock

imported post

expvideo wrote:
I value my life and the lives of the people I care about enough to protect them from anyone that would harm them. For me it's that simple. I would hate myself and go through a very hard emotional time if I had to kill someone. I would never be able to let go of that, and it would haunt me until the day I died. I know this. But how you handle having to kill someone after the fact is irrelevant. It's how you handle it at the moment of truth, and I am confident that I would have no problem placing my life at a higher value than my attacker's. I've had to draw down on someone before. In fact, a few people. I'll do anything I can to not have to pull that trigger, but there is a very very thin line between whether or not I'm pulling that trigger, and if it's come to me pulling the gun, you are walking that thin line already. I would hate to have to shoot someone, but I would not hesitate again.

I've hesitated before in a moment-of-truth situation, where I should have shot someone. A young man wearing gang clothing came across the parking lot at the night club I was at and pointed a mac11 machine pistol at a crowd of about 30 people. I took cover behind a van, unnoticed, and drew my gun. I put the axel of the van between me and the gunman and aimed over the hood, still unnoticed. Behind me was an SUV full of people. In front of me were 15 yards and a very thin gangster. I had a Sig P220 in .45acp. The gangster had 5 friends 10 yardsbehind him with cars between me and them to provide them cover. I had 7+1 in new Speer Gold Dot ammo that I had just purchased as carry ammo and hadn't practiced with. I had 1 spare 7 round mag.

I started thinking about the shot and whether I could make it. It was 15 yards and Ihad never used this ammo before. Past the gunman was a busy street. I would have to get a headshot to take him down, because I don't want him emptying that pistol into the crowd. What if the headshot doesn't instantly drop him? How many people will be shot? What if I miss? What if he empties that 32 round mag in my direction, killing everyone in that SUV behind me? What if his friends are armed? Do I have enough rounds to engage in a fire fight? What if it's just an airsoft gun and he's just acting tough? Would I be able to live with myself knowing that I offed some teenage kid with an airsoft gun?

Every question in the world went through my mind at once. I froze and didn't know what to do. Through stressed and involuntary logic, I decided that the only way I could take the shot was if he started shooting first. I knew it was the wrong choice, but I never knew how much pressure that shot would be. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Sirens wailed in the distance. The gangster looked back at his friends, said something tough to the crowd and ran away. I was full of emotions. I was afraid of my new found impotence. The moment of truth had come, and I had failed at what I always thought would have been a no-brainer. I mean how much more Chuck Norris can it get? This was the ultimate action movie scene and there was no mistaking that the guy was a badguy. But I didn't do what Chuck Norris would have done. I didn't know how to feel. I was joyful that I didn't have to kill anyone, but I was horrified by the event. I tried to blame it on my firearm, and not being confident enough in it, but I knew inside that the only piece of my equipment that failed was me.

For years following, and even to this day, I have had dreams where I'm faced with having to shoot someone. I shoot aburglar who was trying to kill my family, only to have him not die until he's explained to me that I was misunderstanding what he was doing, and I was wrong to shoot him. All of a sudden the world is against me and I don't know whether I was right or wrong for shooting, even though it was so clear when it happened.

I trained more, and dealt with the feelings. I switched calibers and ammo and got more confident with my gun. I know that if the time comes when I have to face the moment of truth again I will have more confidence than I did the last time. But I still fear it more than anything. I am so afraid to kill another person, and I hope I never have to.

Fast forward a year from this event. I am at my apartment and my friend is being a little more careless with a firearm than he should. He doesn't know anything about gun safety because he has never shot a gun before. Long story short, we were stupid and I ended up being shot. I don't want to talk about that, so don't ask. Anyway, BANG!

The .25acp bullet enters near the center of my chest, between my left nipple and my sternum. It feels like I was punched in the chest. I look down at my navy blue tee shirt and see a little hole. I'm euphoric. I lift my shirt and see another hole. I touch it and look at the tip of my right middle finger. There is aquarter inchring of blood. Am I dreaming? Suddenly time slows down and all I can see is that ring. My chest isn't bleeding, just the ring of blood. A little red jagged circle. I snap out of it and realize that this has to be fixed. I feel no pain. I go out to the kitchen because there is more light. I remember hearing a story of a man who was shot 3 times in the face with a .25 and the bullets barely broke skin. I though that maybe I could cut the bullet out of me if it was close to the top. I felt the hole again. I felt a rib on either side of my finger and came to the most horrifying realization of my life: the bullet is inside of me. I looked at my roommate who looked at me as if he was looking at a ghost. I said "it went in". He didn't respond because he was frozen. I say "I'm going to faint" but no one comes to catch me. I say it again, and I fall. I hit my head on the entertainment center and everything goes black.

Suddenly, shooting pain! My lungs! I open my eyes to see paramedics and I have a plastic oxygen hand pump in my mouth. Every time it pumps air in, I feel a horrible pain from the bottom of my lungs. I would later find out that I had died and they had revived me. I also died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. I felt so tired and all I could think about, besides howurgent it was that I go to sleep right that moment,was how I wasn't ready to die and that everything was happening so fast. I wasn't ready. The paramedics kept telling me to stay awake. The ambulance ride was actually really fast. I would have thought that it would havefelt likeit hadtaken forever, but it didn't. I remember seeing the florescent lights on the ceiling, just like in the movies. For some reason seeing that was both comforting and scary at the same time.

I got to the hospital and I was suddenly surrounded by doctors and surgeons. They put me in a hospital bed kind of thing and sat me up. They told me that they were going to put me under for surgery. I felt childish. I felt completely helpless and all I could think to say was "don't let me die" and "don't tell call my mom". She was in California for a training for her job and I didn't want her to worry. They put the mask on me to knock me out, and I was afraid. All this time I was supposed to not fall asleep and now they're putting me to sleep!

I wake up. It's still like the movies. Everything is blurry and slowly comes into focus. My mom is sitting next to me with my sister. I have tubes hooked to all of my arms and a big tube going down my throat. I couldn't talk and breathing was weird and painful. My sister handed me an blank book and a pen. I couldn't raise my arms, so I had to I couldn't see whatI was writing. I wrote "Mom, I got shot". She said she knew, and told me that the bullet had gone through my heart. I didn't believe her. That was impossible, the bullet went through my lung, I remember the pain. She reassured me. The bullet had gone through my heart, bounced off of my rib cage and lodged itself in my diaphragm, which is why it hurt to breathe. I looked down and there was a red line from the top of my sternum to the bottom of my abs. It was stapled shut and looked like it was from an old Frankenstein movie.

Recovery was the most painful part of all. It took a long time and it made me feel helpless. I have to stop writing because I'm having a really hard emotionaltime recalling all of these things. I'm telling you this story so that you can understand whyI am so afraid of having to shoot someone. I never want to make anyone go through this. Never. But I will, if it means protecting what matters to me. If anything, this event has taught me that there is only one thing worth using lethal force to protect, and that is human life. No property is worth causing that amount of physical and emotional pain. Not to me, at least.

So long story short, yes I could use lethal force if it was really really necessary, but I would have a really hard time dealing with it after the fact.

Expvideo - That is an incredible story... :shock:

I am glad you made it ok. How long ago did this happen and do you feel residual effects? I"ll understand if you feeluncomfortable talking about it.

AbNo

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
If the BG does not survive our attempt to "stop the threat" then that's his problem.

+1

Of course, I find it puzzling that liberals try to say God doesn't exist in any form, that Darwin was right, and that we should put warning labels on things.

expvideo

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Expvideo - That is an incredible story... :shock:

I am glad you made it ok. How long ago did this happen and do you feel residual effects? I"ll understand if you feeluncomfortable talking about it.
This was about 2 1/2 years ago. I have since fully recovered and have absolutely 0 side-effects. My recovery was painful, but I was very lucky to have made it through the incident with my life, much less with no side-effects. I have a nasty scar to remember it by.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
If the BG does not survive our attempt to "stop the threat" then that's his problem.

+1

Of course, I find it puzzling that liberals try to say God doesn't exist in any form, that Darwin was right, and that we should put warning labels on things.
That's funny because there IS a God, we DON'T know the complete truth about OUR evolution and I think we need to REMOVE the warning labels from things and let the problem take careof itself!

My wife constantly tells me that you cannot defeat evil with greater evil. Only Love can conquer evil.

I named my .45 "Love"