• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in and around Jefferson County

boardsurfer

imported post

Hey all,

I've read an awful lot of posts here, specifically the CO threads. I appreciate all the experiences.

I OCed to a handfull of stores over the weekend without so much as a second glance. My son however said people were freaking out behind me (drama, he' s 11 and fully expected me to get arrested :) ).

Anyway, it feels weird to OC for the first time. Like suddenly everything is in focus. I felt very aware of everything and everyone. It was kind of cool. I've been shooting for 27 years, lived in CA for 14 of them. I'm getting the CC permit soon, but I thought I would begin to get used to carrying in public. I understand there are a lot of psychological preparations necessary to do this successfully.

Anyway, boring story but I'm here.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Welcome to the group Bsurfer! The first time(s) usually feel like everyone and their grandmother is staring into your soul...eh, you'll get used to it. Glad to see that you escaped Kali...welcome to CO!!!

boardsurfer

imported post

The wife ordered pizza last night and sent me out to pick it up. I used the opportunity to OC in Golden. Took my son along with me. Before we step out of the car, I tell him that I am perfectly legal and not to freak out or draw attention to us. He says ok.

The place is totally crowded, so with my heart pounding out of my chest, I walk in. heh, it's funny being nervous about something you shouldnt be worried about. My son kid of psyched me out though, he was (again) certain I would be arrested and kept giving me all the "what-ifs" on the way there.

So, totally uneventful. Carrying a SA-XD .40, 5" btw.