• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your carry ammo

What do you load in your carry gun?

• .22 Magnum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .25 ACP

• .380 ACP

• 9MM Parabellum

• .357 SIG

• .40 S&W

• .45 ACP

• 10 MM

• .38 Special

• .357 Magnum

• Total voters

ChefW

imported post

Well the question had to be asked. What is your favorite caliber, and what do you carry currently. You can pick multiple but be sure to comment below. Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• member840.png
    member840.png
    131 KB · Views: 329

MustangDave

imported post

I like 9mm and.45 acp. I use remington Golden Saber JHP when I carry (XD-45). Haven't shot them yet but I will try the out next time I'm at the range. I also have Federal Hydra-shok, it's too expensive to waste. I plan on buying a holster for my Glock 17, no defense round yet though.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Springfield Armory XD 9mm, 4" service pistol. I used to have a S&W Sigma 9mm (13lbs trigger pull of death). Until one day at the range, Dave let me try out his XD -- I put the first four rounds in the dead center of the paper and put the gun down, backing away as if it were magic.

I went home, ordered and XD and had my Sigma sold (for a profit, I must admit), within a month.

Because I haven't gotten around to ordering "nice" ammunition like Hydrashocks, I'm currently using Winchester hollow points.

sprat

imported post

Chef

you forgot .32 acp magtech or 9mm makarov (east german) ammo

my carry guns are the walther PP and East German Makarov

sprat

dave_in_delaware

imported post

I feed my carry gun (XD-9 service) Winchester 147gr JHP's. They're "cheap" and readily available at Wal-Mart, and my gun loves them.

Some day after I win the lottery I'll switch to Hydrashocks, or some other higher-end ammo.

ChefW

imported post

sprat wrote:
Chef

you forgot .32 acp magtech or 9mm makarov (east german) ammo

my carry guns are the walther PP and East German Makarov

sprat
Sorry about that. The thing on the questionairre only lets you put in 10 options.

Jeff the Baptist

imported post

dave_in_delaware wrote:
I feed my carry gun (XD-9 service) Winchester 147gr JHP's. They're "cheap" and readily available at Wal-Mart, and my gun loves them.

Some day after I win the lottery I'll switch to Hydrashocks, or some other higher-end ammo.
Yup. The 147 grain 9mm rounds all came out after the Miami shootout. So none of them are especially old designs in the grand scheme of things. When last I checked the ballistic gelatin results, they all perform pretty closely to each other whether expensive or not.

stephpd

imported post

Not sure of the brands but all are top shelf($$$$). 147gr jhp for the 9mm, 230 gr jhp for the .45acp. Shoot fmj at the range using the same weights. Short barrel guns so no +p, to much flash and not much increase in speed.