Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilot online Gun Quiz

Post imported post

Here is a 'quiz' from the Pilot about 'guns in Virginia'

I got 9 out of 10 (would of been 8 of 10 if the wife didn't give me an answer -- she got 8/10)

Is this the same reporter that went to the Tidewater Dining Out? Can't wait for the artical(s) to come out.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/02/quiz...-guns-virginia

Post imported post

I got all the parts about the law in Virginia right. I missed the number of guns in Homes nation-wide question.

I know where they got the information to ask the question about the Virginia Constitution's Right to Bear Arms wording. That's extra Credit!!!

Post imported post

I got 7 out of 10 right. I missed the year when the word"infringed" was put into the 2nd admendment, how many other states have 30 day waith between handgun purchases, and how many delegates carry. It's a fun little quiz.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Missed the delegates question and when the shall not be infringed language was added to the Virginia constitution, and I knew it too

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

I miised the buy the AK-47 at age 18 question - I still do not thng you can buy an non-auto "AK-47" - maybe a look alike gun, but not an actual gun that is an AK-47, or is even labled one - anyone?

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    I miised the buy the AK-47 at age 18 question - I still do not thng you can buy an non-auto "AK-47" - maybe a look alike gun, but not an actual gun that is an AK-47, or is even labled one - anyone?
    http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ind...mp;Category=87

Draw your own conclusions...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

Good point.Ditto your thoughts.

Post imported post

Dan0076 wrote:
    Is this the same reporter that went to the Tidewater Dining Out? Can't wait for the artical(s) to come out.

Yep, she's the reporter that has attended our dining outs, gun shows, and lobby day. There is supposed to be a four part article (every Sunday for the next 4 Sundays) - she is also going to be on FM 89.5 tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon.

Post imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
    I got 7 out of 10 right. I missed the year when the word"infringed" was put into the 2nd admendment, how many other states have 30 day waith between handgun purchases, and how many delegates carry. It's a fun little quiz.
    Infringed has always been part of Second Amendment of US Constitution. They are talking Virginia Constitution which I believe was completely rewritten around 1974. I thought there were more states with 30 day Handgun rule. However, just by the way worded the questions, I have a feeling the articles are going to be slightly anti-freedom slanted.

Post imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ind...mp;Category=87

Draw your own conclusions...
    Those are AK47s only if you consider your typical AR15 an M16. They look the same, and operate similarily, but they are NOT the same gun.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    both of myrifles are Romanian AK-47's. I know of several other people who have semi-auto AKM's that are all still AK-47's of various origins. Hell, I know one guy that's got a semi-auto Yugoslavian RPK, it's a lot of fun to shoot, too.

Post imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
    thought there were more states with 30 day Handgun rule. However, just by the way worded the questions, I have a feeling the articles are going to be slightly anti-freedom slanted.
    There used to be 3 others besides VA. The two today are California and Maryland. South Carolina used to have it but doesn't anymore.

Sickening that I just looked it up, and it turns out that Virginia (and the other 3 states) enacted this stupid law before CA did.

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET RID OF THIS DUMB LAW???

Post imported post

I got 8 out of 10. Not bad for an Illinois resident.

Centurion

Post imported post

I got 9 out of 10. I missed the last one by underestimating the number of legislators from Tidewater with a CHP.

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    I got 9 out of 10. I missed the last one by underestimating the number of legislators from Tidewater with a CHP.
    HA! That's the one I got wrong but by overestimating (said 12)! I guess I figured anyone who didn't want you to have a gun would have one themselves..... :^).

Centurion

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    VCDL President wrote:
    HA! That's the one I got wrong but by overestimating (said 12)! I guess I figured anyone who didn't want you to have a gun would have one themselves..... :^).
    I have to say that your logic was much better than mine!

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    VCDL President wrote:
    I overestimated for the same reason. Got 8 out of ten anyhow...the other one was regarding the VA constitution.

Post imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
    Dan0076 wrote:

Yep, she's the reporter that has attended our dining outs, gun shows, and lobby day. There is supposed to be a four part article (every Sunday for the next 4 Sundays) - she is also going to be on FM 89.5 tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon.
    I had a brief conversation with the photographer Hyungsoo Lee Kim at the MLK day events, who indicated he was taking pictures for an upcoming series. This must be what he's referring to.

Post imported post

I got 8 of 10. Missed the question on amendment to Va constitution, and the AK, I assumed they were asking about a full auto AK too.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

9 out of 10. Missed the last question about how many of the elected officials have a concealed permit.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    VCDL President wrote:
    I overestimated for the same reason. Got 8 out of ten anyhow...the other one was regarding the VA constitution.
    Actually I cheated, I got hints on two answers from the forum. Number of other states with 30 days wait and the VA consttution date question. So I would have only got 7 that I actually knew the answer to.

Post imported post

7 out of 10. Interesting they used AK-47 instead of asking "how old do you have to be to own a rifle or shorgun"

Post imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
    Yep, she's the reporter that has attended our dining outs, gun shows, and lobby day. There is supposed to be a four part article (every Sunday for the next4 Sundays) - she is also going to be on FM 89.5 tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon.
    Actually, I think this series will start this Sunday and run for thefollowing 3 days (not next 3 Sundays). I did listen to the noon broadcast today on FM 89.5 and Joanne did a great job!! She certainly held her own against some very anti people. I'm looking forward to her series....

Post imported post

8/10

missed the percentage question and the delegate question.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:

If your "AK47" does not have a forged steel receiver, and is select fire with the first position of the fire selection lever as full auto, and the second as semi-auto, then it is not an AK47. It is a look -alike, or a copy of an AKM or AKS.

I tell people I have a semi-auto AK47, because that is what most people will understand. It is actually a Norinco NHM91 that I have modified (garage gunsmithing) to resemble an AK47. I have a letter from BATFE approving all the mods, in case they pay me a visit

editI got 8 out of 10. I missed when "RKBA shall not be infringed" wasadded to Virginia constitution, and how many delegates from South Hampton Roads have CHP's
    I forgot all the AK74's, AK101's, AK103's, AK106's, etc. Everybody (or almost everybody) calls them all AK47's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast