• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pilot online Gun Quiz

Virginiaplanter

imported post

I got all the parts about the law in Virginia right. I missed the number of guns in Homes nation-wide question.

I know where they got the information to ask the question about the Virginia Constitution's Right to Bear Arms wording. :D That's extra Credit!!!

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

I got 7 out of 10 right. I missed the year when the word"infringed" was put into the 2nd admendment, how many other states have 30 day waith between handgun purchases, and how many delegates carry. It's a fun little quiz.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Missed the delegates question and when the shall not be infringed language was added to the Virginia constitution, and I knew it too :banghead:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I miised the buy the AK-47 at age 18 question - I still do not thng you can buy an non-auto "AK-47" - maybe a look alike gun, but not an actual gun that is an AK-47, or is even labled one - anyone?

Bubba Ron

rabbit994

imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
I got 7 out of 10 right. I missed the year when the word"infringed" was put into the 2nd admendment, how many other states have 30 day waith between handgun purchases, and how many delegates carry. It's a fun little quiz.
Infringed has always been part of Second Amendment of US Constitution. They are talking Virginia Constitution which I believe was completely rewritten around 1974. I thought there were more states with 30 day Handgun rule. However, just by the way worded the questions, I have a feeling the articles are going to be slightly anti-freedom slanted.

nova

imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
Mike wrote:
I miised the buy the AK-47 at age 18 question - I still do not thng you can buy an non-auto "AK-47" - maybe a look alike gun, but not an actual gun that is an AK-47, or is even labled one - anyone?
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=87

Draw your own conclusions...
Those are AK47s only if you consider your typical AR15 an M16. They look the same, and operate similarily, but they are NOT the same gun.

FightingGlock19

imported post

Mike wrote:

both of myrifles are Romanian AK-47's. I know of several other people who have semi-auto AKM's that are all still AK-47's of various origins. Hell, I know one guy that's got a semi-auto Yugoslavian RPK, it's a lot of fun to shoot, too.

nova

imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
thought there were more states with 30 day Handgun rule. However, just by the way worded the questions, I have a feeling the articles are going to be slightly anti-freedom slanted.
There used to be 3 others besides VA. The two today are California and Maryland. South Carolina used to have it but doesn't anymore.

Sickening that I just looked it up, and it turns out that Virginia (and the other 3 states) enacted this stupid law before CA did.

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET RID OF THIS DUMB LAW???

Neplusultra

imported post

VCDL President wrote:
I got 9 out of 10. I missed the last one by underestimating the number of legislators from Tidewater with a CHP.
HA! That's the one I got wrong but by overestimating (said 12)! I guess I figured anyone who didn't want you to have a gun would have one themselves..... :^).

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
I got 9 out of 10. I missed the last one by underestimating the number of legislators from Tidewater with a CHP.
HA! That's the one I got wrong but by overestimating (said 12)! I guess I figured anyone who didn't want you to have a gun would have one themselves..... :^).
I have to say that your logic was much better than mine!;)

nova

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
I overestimated for the same reason. Got 8 out of ten anyhow...the other one was regarding the VA constitution.

stryth

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Dan0076 wrote:
Is this the same reporter that went to the Tidewater Dining Out? Can't wait for the artical(s) to come out.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/02/quiz-how-much-do-you-know-about-guns-virginia
Yep, she's the reporter that has attended our dining outs, gun shows, and lobby day. There is supposed to be a four part article (every Sunday for the next 4 Sundays) - she is also going to be on FM 89.5 tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon.
I had a brief conversation with the photographer Hyungsoo Lee Kim at the MLK day events, who indicated he was taking pictures for an upcoming series. This must be what he's referring to.

mobeewan

imported post

I got 8 of 10. Missed the question on amendment to Va constitution, and the AK, I assumed they were asking about a full auto AK too.