• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pilot online Gun Quiz

Neplusultra

imported post

nova wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
I got 9 out of 10. I missed the last one by underestimating the number of legislators from Tidewater with a CHP.
HA! That's the one I got wrong but by overestimating (said 12)! I guess I figured anyone who didn't want you to have a gun would have one themselves..... :^).
I overestimated for the same reason. Got 8 out of ten anyhow...the other one was regarding the VA constitution.
Actually I cheated, I got hints on two answers from the forum. Number of other states with 30 days wait and the VA consttution date question. So I would have only got 7 that I actually knew the answer to.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Yep, she's the reporter that has attended our dining outs, gun shows, and lobby day. There is supposed to be a four part article (every Sunday for the next4 Sundays) - she is also going to be on FM 89.5 tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon.
Actually, I think this series will start this Sunday and run for thefollowing 3 days (not next 3 Sundays). I did listen to the noon broadcast today on FM 89.5 and Joanne did a great job!! She certainly held her own against some very anti people. I'm looking forward to her series....

glocknroll

imported post

Mike wrote:
I miised the buy the AK-47 at age 18 question - I still do not thng you can buy an non-auto "AK-47" - maybe a look alike gun, but not an actual gun that is an AK-47, or is even labled one - anyone?

If your "AK47" does not have a forged steel receiver, and is select fire with the first position of the fire selection lever as full auto, and the second as semi-auto, then it is not an AK47. It is a look -alike, or a copy of an AKM or AKS.

I tell people I have a semi-auto AK47, because that is what most people will understand. It is actually a Norinco NHM91 that I have modified (garage gunsmithing) to resemble an AK47. I have a letter from BATFE approving all the mods, in case they pay me a visit

edit I got 8 out of 10. I missed when "RKBA shall not be infringed" wasadded to Virginia constitution, and how many delegates from South Hampton Roads have CHP's
I forgot all the AK74's, AK101's, AK103's, AK106's, etc. Everybody (or almost everybody) calls them all AK47's.

nova

imported post

glocknroll wrote:
Mike wrote:
I miised the buy the AK-47 at age 18 question - I still do not thng you can buy an non-auto "AK-47" - maybe a look alike gun, but not an actual gun that is an AK-47, or is even labled one - anyone?

If your "AK47" does not have a forged steel receiver, and is select fire with the first position of the fire selection lever as full auto, and the second as semi-auto, then it is not an AK47. It is a look -alike, or a copy of an AKM or AKS.

I tell people I have a semi-auto AK47, because that is what most people will understand. It is actually a Norinco NHM91 that I have modified (garage gunsmithing) to resemble an AK47. I have a letter from BATFE approving all the mods, in case they pay me a visit

edit I got 8 out of 10. I missed when "RKBA shall not be infringed" wasadded to Virginia constitution, and how many delegates from South Hampton Roads have CHP's
I forgot all the AK74's, AK101's, AK103's, AK106's, etc. Everybody (or almost everybody) calls them all AK47's.
yeah today everyone calls them an "AK47" no matter what it really is.
The original AK47 had a forged steel receiver. In the 50s, Kalashnikov made some design changes to simplify the manufacturing process and increase reliability, and called this improved rifle the "AKM" (which when translated from Russian means "Automatic Kalashnikov Modernized"). The AKM has the stamped steel receiver and some minor internal differences.