• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nagant Revolver for sale....

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

What is there not to love? Weird design, small cartridge, looks funny, slow to reload, horrible DA trigger pull, wonderful 1895 style open sights, and oh yes, the history. 1933 Tula production, matching numbers, finish around 80%, like new 1951 production holster and some odd ammo and brass for it.

Lets face it, this strange little gun went through Stalin's Purges AND WWII... I'm just getting rid of guns I don't use much, or have much use for. Sadly, this dear little stepchild of 20th Century Russian military arms has to go.

$89 w/holster, local Olympia pickup. OR trade???

Sorry no pics. Bore is dark but very strong rifleing. Shooting it is like a .22, fun little bugger. Wood grips.

Euromutt

imported post

Steve, I want it! I have an unhealthy obsession with Russian 20th century history (as well as a love/hate relationship with Russia in general) and that revolver is an artefact. The fact that it's Stalinist-era production practically adds to the cachet.

I'll PM you with my phone number, and we'll talk.

Bear 45/70

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Ah, now c'mon........you did this once before and you had to get another one, correct? You are just going to regret it again and need another......:D
You got Steve there, he is pretty fickled about his guns.
missingteeth.gif
Ask him about Monday.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Actually I bought this one back from the guy I sold it to, partly because it was gathering rust on his boat, and partly because I wanted a gun that would @#$# with some OPD cop's head for a minute trying to unload it.

Bear is right I am a bit fickle about some guns. I have a "core battery" consisting of my Mosin Nagant 91/30, my Security Six, P89, and 10/22. I'll add a pump shotgun to that soon. Anything outside of that group is fair game for sale/trade. I swapped my M38 carbine which didn't shoot as well as I would like for a little .22 pocket pistol, and of course I picked the f-d up one :( But then with a bit of study and gunsmithing, I made the dang thing ready to go. Except the mag is screwed up, but that's no biggy. When I got it, it wouldn't chamber or extract and now it does both, and I learned a heck of a lot doing it.

Oh, and Euromutt called dibs on the revolver, so unless the deal falls through (which I highly doubt) it's SOLD.

If this was Czarist marked, it would never have been listed for sale :) THAT is what I will replace it with, if I replace it.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Steve,

After you complete that sale, I have a SigPro 2340 for sale. 2 mags. $475.00

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Thanks on the Sig, but no thanks. Good price though. Next gun needs to be a pump shotgun. Mossberg 500 or 590. But I also am looking at a couple of .45/70 rifles...

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

kparker wrote:
It was like that when I got it....

Uhh, which situation are you referring to? The dark bore, or the waves lapping over the gunwales???

:)
The dark bore.
Hmph. Make fun of Libertarian all you want. When global warming melts the polar ice caps, I'll be ahead of the game!:p

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
kparker wrote:
It was like that when I got it....
Uhh, which situation are you referring to? The dark bore, or the waves lapping over the gunwales???

:)
The dark bore.
Hmph. Make fun of Libertarian all you want. When global warming melts the polar ice caps, I'll be ahead of the game!:p

THAT was a good one. :D

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Euromutt wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Make fun of Libertarian all you want. When global warming melts the polar ice caps, I'll be ahead of the game!:p
For starters, you'll be able anchor anywhere in town!
Only if they clear out some of the buildings first...

It was a pleasure doing business with you the other night Euromutt! Should plot some sort of get together soon.

Jered

imported post

If you want to mess with the cops, get a C-96 or an Astra.

:p

As for global warming, I want to frikkkin ice in Greenland to hurry up and melt so that I can move there and start farming.

:?