Thread: Firearms in National Forests

Post imported post

This just in.... check out this link http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=3562

This year the Department of Interior will make changed to its rules to allow visitors to carry firearms into National Parks and Wildlife Refuges consitent with state laws that apply to each. As last!

Post imported post

Just wanted to point out that carry in national forests (as it says in your title) has been allowedif permitted by state laws for quite a while now; I think Florida law just changed within the past couple of years to allow it.

The current proposed change would make the rule the same in national forests and national parks--if the state says it's OK, you are good to go.

Post imported post

Racerman wrote:
    This just in.... check out this link http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=3562

This year the Department of Interior will make changed to its rules to allow visitors to carry firearms into National Parks and Wildlife Refuges consitent with state laws that apply to each. As last!
    "National Forests" and "National Parks" are not the same thing, they don't even fall under the same federal departments!

National Forests alreadydefer to localstate carry laws; National Parks have resisted doing so and will until this change takes effect.

The title of this thread is misleading. In any case, there is another thread already out there on this.

Post imported post

Yes, the title was wrong. The link referred to National Parks as I stated in the body of my post. Sorry to mislead.

MY intent was to point out that progress was being made. If you knew that, maybe others might not. I personally feel much more comfortable hiking, etc. being able to CC, or as in Alaska OC or CC in National Parks.

Post imported post

No argument here. Just pointing out the difference. I persoanally can't wait to hike through Shenandoah again.