• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry In Franklin County.

InSelfDefense

imported post

Hello all,
Noob to these forums here.

I was just curious if anyone had any stories about open carry in Franklin County MO. Or if anyone has any law information on the subject. Everything I have found seems to dictate that it's OK and accepted.

InSelfDefense

Article1section23

imported post

ISD,

I don't think that any town in Franklin prohibits OC. I had an officer from Pacific tell me beforethat it they didn't have anything against itand that ever now and again he would see somebody doing it. I just looked at the 2007 ordinance for Pacific,Union, Washington and Sullivan and none of them even have anything on the books about firearms. They are all using state law. Link below for you to use.

You should have no issues what so ever.

http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/codes%2Dslp/

lancej3540

here is the code for sullivan i just looked up
Sec. 17-21. Dangerous and concealed weapons; prohibitions concerning.
If any person shall carry concealed upon or about his person a dangerous or deadly weapon of any kind or description, or shall go into any church or place where people have assembled for religious worship, or into any schoolroom or place where people are assembled for educational, political, literary or social purposes, or to any election precinct on any election day, or into any courtroom during the sitting of court, or into any other public assemblage of persons met for any lawful purpose other than for militia drill, or meetings called under militia law of this state, having upon or about his person, concealed or exposed, any kind of firearms, bowie knife, springback knife, razor, metal knucks, billy, sword cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapons or shall, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit any such weapons in a rude, angry or threatening manner, or shall have any such weapon in his possession when intoxicated, or directly or indirectly, sell or deliver, loan or barter to any minor any such weapon, without the consent of the parent or guardian of such minor, he shall, upon conviction, be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor; but nothing contained in this section shall apply to legally qualified sheriffs, police officers and other persons whose bona fide duty it is to execute process, civil or criminal, make arrests, or aid in conserving the public peace, nor to persons traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this state.

kylemoul

still they cant enforce a concealed law as long as you have a permit. the state overrules city ordinances...correct me if im wrong.

usmcbess

I open carry in Franklin County all the time.

Hello all,
Noob to these forums here.

I was just curious if anyone had any stories about open carry in Franklin County MO. Or if anyone has any law information on the subject. Everything I have found seems to dictate that it's OK and accepted.

InSelfDefense

I open carry in Franklin County almost every day. The towns I visit in my area are Pacific, Washington, and Union. All of which are OC friendly. However just like everywhere else in Missouri there are cities that prohibit it so check the town ordanances.
On a second note where are you at in Franklin County? I OC mainly in Pacific 36 miles west of the STL.

usmcbess

There are multiple places in Franklin County that are Anti-OC

ISD,

I don't think that any town in Franklin prohibits OC. I had an officer from Pacific tell me beforethat it they didn't have anything against itand that ever now and again he would see somebody doing it. I just looked at the 2007 ordinance for Pacific,Union, Washington and Sullivan and none of them even have anything on the books about firearms. They are all using state law. Link below for you to use.

One town in Farnklin County that is anti OC is New Haven.

usmcbess

usmcbess

ISD,

After being detained and harrassed for OC in Pacific I went and talked to the captain of Pacific police. He told me he thought the stop was justifiable on the basis that no one OC's. He told me I was the first in more than a decade I think that he saw OC.

kylemoul

sounds like you should call a lawyer or something along that lines. what you did was not illegal.