• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mass.'s Turnpike Toll Booth Operators required to hand over handguns

lildobe

Pittsburgh (Beechview), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

So, wait... they have been carrying these guns for decades, with no incidents (I assume, since had there been one, it'd been included in the article) and they think it's all of the sudden a liability?

I would have thought that 20+ years of carrying without incident would prove that wrong!

:cuss:

F;ing Government Bureaucracy.

LEO 229

imported post

EXACTLY!!!

Been packing a gun for years and there seems to have never had a problem. Now someone say "Oh my god.. they have guns???"

If they are working with money... there is always a good chance they could be held up and shot to get rid of witnesses.

I say they need some training and should be able to hit a target... but let them carry. Armored car drivers have guns and transport cash too... and they are ARMED for a reason.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Stupid flippin' liberals. It's insane that people that stupid walk among us. When the zombies come, I hope they kill the liberals first. Then, even if we lose, I can at least die with an expression of smug satisfaction, if not even happiness, on my face.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Leave it to Massachusetts, though, to issue firearms and not worry about whether they're in working conditions.

Misaligned firing pins???????????

And if they're not in safe working condition, why would the person WANT to carry them?

But you see why I left taxachusetts, right?

Pointman

imported post

Basically, a turnpike review found the .38-caliber handguns issued by the Pike were not being properly maintained, and had misaligned firing pins and "other problems."

LEO 229

imported post

In regards to the problems with the guns......

At best maybe they would get dirty or rusty. I am not sure how easy it is to misalign a firing pin unless you are using the hammer on a revolver to open pop tops. :lol:

Seems to me that the poor conditions of the guns was embellished just to draft a better reason to remove the guns.

And YES!!! now the criminals will have a better chance at robbing the guys transporting the money now.

I wonder what the past history was for robberies.... Now that they are unarmed... it may increase. Have to wait and see.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I think "Waiting is." is a quote from a R. A. Heinlein character in Stranger in a Strange Land. IIRC the character is immortal, we are not.

How long is too long? Do you, little froggie, need your water hotter, to jump or even exclaim to your fellows? PHUI

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$