• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to VA, but not OC'ing

Paragon

imported post

Just wanted to say hi, now that I've already started asking questions on other threads. I just got out of the Marine Corps, and was stationed in NC where I open carried everywhere except the mall, or the base. I'm moving to the Fredericksburg area Friday, and I'll be OC'ing anywhere I can legally until I get my CCW. Then, I'll mix and match the two.

Thanks to everyone so far, there's a lot of great information on this board. I'm already registered for the VA-Alert, and I've already called and emailed Gov. Kaine's office about the restaurant bill.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Not ANOTHER Marine...sheesh! lol :lol:

Welcome to OCDO!

Bob (USN RET)
Yes, Bob. Another Marine.
Remember, you would be out f a job if there were no Marines for you Navy guys to chauffeur around.

Paragon, welcome to Virginia and OCDO.

stay safe. And "Semper Fi!"

skidmark

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

skidmark wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Not ANOTHER Marine...sheesh! lol :lol:

Welcome to OCDO!

Bob (USN RET)
Yes, Bob. Another Marine.
Remember, you would be out f a job if there were no Marines for you Navy guys to chauffeur around.

Paragon, welcome to Virginia and OCDO.

stay safe. And "Semper Fi!"

skidmark

Chauffer? haha.... My favorite thing during a security alert was while running to Central Control Station, was to wait for one of the smart ass Marines that used to harrass Sailors, and swing open the engine room hatch at just the right time......KAWHANNNGGGG! THUD....

Oops, sorry, there Marine! "MEDICAL EMERGENCY...MEDICAL EMERGENCY......"

Oh and rememner those cold showers? Nothing but one simple valve..... Muahahaha....

(Who loves ya baby!) ;)