• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lakewood Wal-Mart

Mainsail

imported post

I stopped in Trader Joes on Bridgeport last night, not a sideways glance. I decided to cross the DMZ and head over to Lakewood to stop at the Wal-Mart. I need to pick up some modeling clay to set up my scope on the new rifle and I figured if anyone would have some, they would be the best bet. No problem from the greeter but I got a few puzzled looks from two or three customers.

I stopped by the sporting goods for no other purpose than to be shocked and dismayed at how high a 250 round bulk-pack of .45ACP has gotten (~$81). A man was standing at the counter waiting for help and an employee was paged to go help him. Right next to that is the toy section but I couldn’t find any clay so I started looking for an employee. I spotted one guy changing a trash bag and asked him, but English wasn’t his first (second or third) language. God bless him he tried to help; scurrying off to find a toy section employee. I asked someone next door in electronics and she did the same.

While I was waiting, another customer walked by, got all bug eyed, and told me my pistol had become exposed. I told him it was supposed to be that way. He answered, “Oh, you’re a cop.” I said no and he assumed I was store security (with a gun?) and I said no, just a customer. He warned me that it was illegal to walk around ‘like that’; I told him it was perfectly legal. We discussed it briefly and he seemed to get it. He laughed and said that in Arizona you can only carry openly (so I guess he hasn’t been there in a while). No employee ever came to help me, or the guy still waiting in sporting goods. After 20 minutes or so I finally just left. Out front I noticed someone I figured to be loss prevention standing near the entrance. I had seen him previously with another man in the toy section, so I began to wonder if they were waiting on the police to arrive, but I didn’t have time to wait. I had LPD up on the ham radio but never heard anything so I may just have been paranoid.

jbone

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
Yea, walmarts ammo prices just went up again. I just paid $28 for 100rd. for winchester white box, .45acp.
They must have went back down, as I paid $18 a month ago, May 2008.

DrewGunner

imported post

jbone wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
Yea, walmarts ammo prices just went up again. I just paid $28 for 100rd. for winchester white box, .45acp.
$18 for a box of 100? You sure it wasn't a 50rd box? I paid $29.88 on 5/23/08 at the renton walmart.

DrewGunner

imported post

Sean wrote:
of course Wally world jacked their prices up....right after K-mart released that they will no longer sell handgun ammo
I know that metal prices have been going up like crazy. Has anyone else noticed ammo prices going up at other stores or just at walmart?

Bear 45/70

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
Sean wrote:
of course Wally world jacked their prices up....right after K-mart released that they will no longer sell handgun ammo
I know that metal prices have been going up like crazy. Has anyone else noticed ammo prices going up at other stores or just at walmart?
Two primary reasons for increased ammo prices. First, the US Military is using other than ball ammo in Iraq and are using massive amounts. Second, lead has skyrocketed in price to as much as $3500 dollars a ton and by the pound lead bullets are going for as much as $10 a pound, jacketed can even be more. Don't expect things to get better as the foreign military surplus market appears to have dried up also.

jbone

imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
jbone wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
$18 for a box of100? You sure it wasn't a 50rd box? I paid $29.88 on 5/23/08 at the renton walmart.
Positive!$18.99. It was the loose packed Value White box, 100rds, 115gr FMJ. I'll tryto stop in today, Marrysville Walmart. Will report.. if prices have remained or have increased. Second though, I may call, less gas expended that way.

rysa

imported post

jbone wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
jbone wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
$18 for a box of100? You sure it wasn't a 50rd box? I paid $29.88 on 5/23/08 at the renton walmart.
Positive!$18.99. It was the loose packed Value White box, 100rds, 115gr FMJ. I'll tryto stop in today, Marrysville Walmart. Will report.. if prices have remained or have increased. Second though, I may call, less gas expended that way.

115gr. sounds like 9mm...I think he was referring to .45

jbone

imported post

rysa wrote:
jbone wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
jbone wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
Sorry, I was referrig to 9mm, I must have missed that somwhere your asking about 45. But I just called and incase you want to switch to 9mm $18.42.

jbone

imported post

rysa wrote:
jbone wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
jbone wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
Sorry, I was referrig to 9mm, I must have missed that somwhere your asking about 45. But I just called and incase you want to switch to 9mm $18.42.