Thread: Supreme Court Case

Post imported post

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If anything can be done in the way of influence maybe we could try. On March 18, (I believe this is the date) the Supreme court will be hearing a case and ruling on the 2nd Amendment. It is supposed to be a very influential ruling. If they decide in favor of the little guy... it may come out that owning a gun is an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT. This is of great importance to us. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. An article in USA TODAY was where I read about this.

Post imported post

I don't know, maybe flyers for DE are in order? Any ideas fellas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

ChefW wrote:
    I don't know, maybe flyers for DE are in order? Any ideas fellas?
    LoL...wow...this case is 3 years old...they need to get internet up there.

Post imported post

http://sentencing.typepad.com/senten...logy-smar.html

Here's a link that I believe discusses the want to track all legal guns. Criminals will find a way to get around it. It's just another trick of the anti's.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Mr. Bruce wrote:
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If anything can be done in the way of influence maybe we could try. On March 18, (I believe this is the date) the Supreme court will be hearing a case and ruling on the 2nd Amendment. It is supposed to be a very influential ruling. If they decide in favor of the little guy... it may come out that owning a gun is an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT. This is of great importance to us. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. An article in USA TODAY was where I read about this.
    In all honesty, I don't think there's anything we can personally do to influence the outcome -- it won't be decided on a basis of public opinion, rather by nine people. The best pro-gun groups have filed very well-written amicus curiae briefs that, I feel, far outshine any of the opposing briefs on the subject.

For a lot more information, check out council's website: http://www.dcguncase.com/blog/

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:
    Mr. Bruce wrote:
    In all honesty, I don't think there's anything we can personally do to influence the outcome -- it won't be decided on a basis of public opinion, rather by nine people. The best pro-gun groups have filed very well-written amicus curiae briefs that, I feel, far outshine any of the opposing briefs on the subject.

For a lot more information, check out council's website: http://www.dcguncase.com/blog/
    SCOTUSblog is the U.S. Supreme Court weblog, featuring news, information, and commentary on all things related to the High Court. http://www.scotusblog.com

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:
    Mr. Bruce wrote:

In all reality we have to try. Even if it's just handing out fliers or something. One vote is still one more that before.