• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supreme Court Case

Mr. Bruce

imported post

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If anything can be done in the way of influence maybe we could try. On March 18, (I believe this is the date) the Supreme court will be hearing a case and ruling on the 2nd Amendment. It is supposed to be a very influential ruling. If they decide in favor of the little guy... it may come out that owning a gun is an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT. This is of great importance to us. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. An article in USA TODAY was where I read about this.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Mr. Bruce wrote:
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If anything can be done in the way of influence maybe we could try. On March 18, (I believe this is the date) the Supreme court will be hearing a case and ruling on the 2nd Amendment. It is supposed to be a very influential ruling. If they decide in favor of the little guy... it may come out that owning a gun is an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT. This is of great importance to us. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. An article in USA TODAY was where I read about this.
In all honesty, I don't think there's anything we can personally do to influence the outcome -- it won't be decided on a basis of public opinion, rather by nine people. The best pro-gun groups have filed very well-written amicus curiae briefs that, I feel, far outshine any of the opposing briefs on the subject.

For a lot more information, check out council's website: http://www.dcguncase.com/blog/

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Wynder wrote:
Mr. Bruce wrote:
In all honesty, I don't think there's anything we can personally do to influence the outcome -- it won't be decided on a basis of public opinion, rather by nine people. The best pro-gun groups have filed very well-written amicus curiae briefs that, I feel, far outshine any of the opposing briefs on the subject.

For a lot more information, check out council's website: http://www.dcguncase.com/blog/
SCOTUSblog is the U.S. Supreme Court weblog, featuring news, information, and commentary on all things related to the High Court. http://www.scotusblog.com

ChefW

imported post

Wynder wrote:
Mr. Bruce wrote:

In all reality we have to try. Even if it's just handing out fliers or something. One vote is still one more that before.