• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why I carry!!

riegnman

imported post

"A 26-year-old man shot and killed four people at the Edgemont Towers housing complex in Bristol, Tennessee on Wednesday before turning the gun on himself.

Initial reports has one person dead and that was quickly elevated to three with a fourth victim in grave condition. That fourth victim was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at a local hospital.

According to police the man attempted to flee the scene in a bronze colored Chevy S10 but after crashing the vehicle he was forced to run. It was reported that the gunman had been apprehended but the man actually took his own life."

My wife's best friend called her shortly after this happened and said that her mother lived across the hall from the "girlfriend" in this situation. She said that she heard noises outside her apartment and opened the door to find a man dragging the female into the apartment by her hair. The slammed and locked her door and called 911. She then reports hearing a gunshot and then hearing the girl that had just been shot crying while she lay there dying. This could have been any one of us.

I personally have had to "clear leather" twice in the last year. Once on a guy trying to get into my house while hopped up on something and once on a pedophile from up north that was drunk and refused to leave my dock on the river. I didn't know he was a pedophile until the state police acted on a tip from America's Most Wanted and kicked in the door of the house that used to be 3 houses down from me. Anyway, I digress.

Just another instance where a legally armed citizen could have saved 4 people's lives.

Just thought that I would share.