Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WGR pamphlet distibution

Post imported post

Hey guys, I need some advice. i am gearing up to go out and speak with local gunshops and firearms related businesses about hosting the Washington Gun Rights pamphlet here in Spokane.

What do you guys think would be the best way to approach this? I mean, I don't have an official affiliation with a group or anything, other than OCDO, so.....?

How are you guys approaching people?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post imported post

This sounds like a good topic for our Saturday get together! I'll think about it and get back to you Saturday morning over coffee.

Post imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
    Hey guys, I need some advice. i am gearing up to go out and speak with local gunshops and firearms related businesses about hosting the Washington Gun Rights pamphlet here in Spokane.

What do you guys think would be the best way to approach this? I mean, I don't have an official affiliation with a group or anything, other than OCDO, so.....?

I saw a handful over at Mary's Pistols today.

Post imported post

NMainsail wrote:
    surfj9009 wrote:

I saw a handful over at Mary's Pistols today.
    Neat! Good to see they're supporting us in an active manner!
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

State Researcher

Post imported post

"Hi, I'm so and so. I just wrote this pamphlet that details the rights of Washington State gun owners with cites to various RCW's and case laws. This should help gun owners gain a greater understanding of their rights and responsibilities under state law, plus be a valuable resource to give to your customers when they ask questions about the law. Would you mind helping us to distribute these?"

I'm going to go to the local indy book store in Oly and see if they will host some. I'll print up a 100 or so, they probably will.

Post imported post

AH-HA!!!!

So get this, I can get 5,000 of these printed in COLOR for $275!!!!

Good thing I have a buddy who does graphic design work and has printing connections and a corporate account he can use. Staples wanted $325 for black and white!!

So...who wants to go in on the first run of them with me? I know that's a lot of pamphlets, but hopefully that will just be the beginning.

That's a good price for both sides color!! Only 5.5 cents per pamphlet. Just think about how many stores in the state can host them, and how many people we could potentially convert.

So, I'll start a group buy right here and now. I'll pick up the first 1000. This should be enough to really get some out here in Spokane for a while.

When there is a total commitment of $275, I'll submit the order. Just post how many you want right here in this thread.

Once I get them in hand, you guys can send me a check, money order, or paypal for the pamphlets and a little bit for shipping, and I will ship them out!

Here is how they break down for different quantities:

100=$5.50

250=$13.75
    500=$27.50
    750= $41.25
    1000=$55.00

Post imported post

Put me down for 250. That should cover the Pullman area as well as get me started in the Tri-Cities.

Post imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
    Put me down for 250. That should cover the Pullman area as well as get me started in the Tri-Cities.
    Hey dave, I will be posting a new pamphlet shortly with http://www.concealedcampus.org listed, as well as a bit more underlining like you had suggested in the RCW's.

Now that I am looking at it, and can get such a good deal on color copies, I am trying to look at where I can add some more color to keep the eyes on it, but still keep it as professional and appealing as possible. If anybody has suggestions or ideas about where to add color, PM me and they will be considered.

Post imported post

Maybe you could add color by highlighting key phrases instead of underlining them.

Post imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
    Maybe you could add color by highlighting key phrases instead of underlining them.
    What color, red or blue?

Post imported post

surfj9009 wrote:

What color, red or blue?
    Blue might work if you got it light enough that it didn't obscure any of the words. The nice thing about yellow is that it's bright, gabs your attention, and is easy to see through.

Post imported post

OK, it's up. Took out most the underlining and added some purdy colors.

Here is the list:
    surfj=1000
    dave the welder=250
    Phssthpok=500
    misguided child=250
    dlnwoody=250
    just_a_car=100
    steelcoreap=250
    Morris=500
    Trigger Dr=750
    nathan=250
    sv_libertarian=150+holder
    scorpiomk=250
    thebastidge=250
    Brad Cowin=100
    silverfox44= 50+holder
    shy panda= 100

Post imported post

I can manage the $30 for 500...I'm in.

You won't even have to ship....I'm scooting through Spokane on my way to Montana in late May and early June (return trip). I can pick em up in person!

Post imported post

I'll take 250.

Alan

Post imported post

I'll take 250. Let me know when they are done. I won't be back from the sandbox until May something.

Post imported post

Sign me up for 100... or whatever $10 will get me with shipping to Edmonds, WA.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I'm in for 250 as well.
    Kevin

Post imported post

OK. I got the above folks on the list. Were over halfway there already.

North of Seattlle, South of Canada, Washington, USA

Post imported post

Surf:

Money is snug right now but I will drop you a check for 500 if you will PM me your details.

I look at it as a long term investment and know a few gun dealers who will likely keep them handy.

Post imported post

I was reviewing the new color changes and found one TINY nit to pick:

On the first page, left column, last line you wrote "Refer to RCW 9.41.300 on reverse to view the complete list of restrictions."

The way this pamplet is folded, wouldn't that actually be INSIDE the pamphlet and not on the back panel?

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    I was reviewing the new color changes and found one TINY nit to pick:

On the first page, left column, last line you wrote "Refer to RCW 9.41.300 on reverse to view the complete list of restrictions."

The way this pamplet is folded, wouldn't that actually be INSIDE the pamphlet and not on the back panel?

ha! Good one. I fixed it. I also just got the edited photo of Thomas Jefferson on it now, which should look much better when printed.

Post imported post

I will take 750

Jim

Post imported post

Morris,Trigger Dr and Nathan added to the list.

My buddy said they can be printed on high quality paper in matte, glossy or semigloss. I was thinking semigloss would look the best. What do you guys all think?

Post imported post

I don't know about which paper would look best but I'm thinking of ordering a few of these:

http://www.brochureholdersonline.com/counpamhol.html

Post imported post

nathan wrote:
    I don't know about which paper would look best but I'm thinking of ordering a few of these:

http://www.brochureholdersonline.com/counpamhol.html
    those are nice, and cost effective too. While I don't have any places to host the pamphlets yet, I plan on it soon. These will certainly make them more visible. Good find!!!
    It would be easy to print up some small stickers to put on the inside behind the pamphlets that say something like "to resupply these pamphlets, call surfj9009 at xxx-xxx-xxxx".

that way when the business runs out, they can give somebody a call to get more. I mean, that makes it a no-brainer.

Edited to add: I just ordered 12 of these, shipped to Spokane, I paid $38.62.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast