• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WGR pamphlet distibution

surfj9009

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
I was reviewing the new color changes and found one TINY nit to pick:

On the first page, left column, last line you wrote "Refer to RCW 9.41.300 on reverse to view the complete list of restrictions."

The way this pamplet is folded, wouldn't that actually be INSIDE the pamphlet and not on the back panel?;)
ha! Good one. I fixed it. I also just got the edited photo of Thomas Jefferson on it now, which should look much better when printed.

surfj9009

imported post

Morris,Trigger Dr and Nathan added to the list.

My buddy said they can be printed on high quality paper in matte, glossy or semigloss. I was thinking semigloss would look the best. What do you guys all think?

surfj9009

imported post

nathan wrote:
I don't know about which paper would look best but I'm thinking of ordering a few of these:

http://www.brochureholdersonline.com/counpamhol.html

those are nice, and cost effective too. While I don't have any places to host the pamphlets yet, I plan on it soon. These will certainly make them more visible. Good find!!!
It would be easy to print up some small stickers to put on the inside behind the pamphlets that say something like "to resupply these pamphlets, call surfj9009 at xxx-xxx-xxxx".

that way when the business runs out, they can give somebody a call to get more. I mean, that makes it a no-brainer.

Edited to add: I just ordered 12 of these, shipped to Spokane, I paid $38.62.

ScorpioMk

imported post

I'll take 250, I've given 5-8 away in the last couple weeks I think. 250 would last me all year at that rate but hopefully I find a place to host some.

Marcus

thebastidge

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, US
imported post

I'll chip in $20. That should cover 250 plus mailing them to me.

If you PM me your paypal email address, I'll send you my mailing address.

If you mail any of these to people using USPS, make sure to specify the media rate, it's a little cheaper.

BTW, my initial plan is to hand them out at my local Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) meeting. These folks are already safety conscious, community-minded, attempting to prepare themselves for emergencies and ready to help others. I'm sure a number of them own and carry guns. Like many of us, however, they probably are not aware of the full extent of their rights and the precedents set in various court cases and statues, and could use the resource.

I also encourage all of you to check into your own local CERT.At worst, itcan't hurt to be dialed into the emergency response network, first responders and LE in your area. If nothing else, you will know what the community emergency plans are. At bestyou may even be able to influence them and policies that affect all of us.

Those of you in the Vancouver area can contact: Sheila Stark <sheilastark@gmail.com>

surfj9009

imported post

OK. Sv_libertarian, ScorpioMK, and the bastidge added to the list.

Only 300 left and I will submit the order.

I had never thought about the CERT team. That seems like something all good law abiding gun owners woud be interested in. I know this is off topic, but read this quote from the Spokane Municipal Code, which completely goes against state preemption, IMO. I don't want to steer this off topic, but since you mentioned CERT's I thought it would be a god opportunity to mention checking our local emergency plans, and laws regarding carrying firearms during and emergency.

Section 02.04.030 Authorized Emergency Orders

H) An order prohibiting the carrying or possession of [highlight= rgb(255, 255, 102);]firearms or any instrument which is capable of producing bodily harm and which is carried or possessed with the intent to use the same to cause such harm; provided, that any such order shall not apply to peace officers or military personnel engaged in the performance of their official duties.

http://www.spokanecity.org/services/documents/smc/?Section=02.04.030&Find=firearms

thebastidge

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, US
imported post

Sounds like some Spokane residents might want to point that out in a letter or two, as well as the issues with firearm confiscation in the wake of Katrina. Particularly the lawsuits that resulted. They're more likely to listen to a resident, or someone with a track record like Lonnie.

(O/T RE: next Vancouver CERT meeting)

"HI ALL,

OUR NEXT VANCOUVER MEETING IS THE SECOND TUESDAY OF THE MONTH,
MARCH 11TH.

WE WILL BE MEETING AT FIRE STATION 81, 63RD & ANDRESEN ROAD AT 7:00PM.

THIS MONTHS SUBJECT STILL TO BE DECIDED, DO DRESS FOR ALL TYPES OF
CONDITIONS.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OUR "VICTIMS" FOR YOUR HELP IN OUR RECENT DRILLS.

DON'T FORGET YOUR KITS, AND WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHES.

SEE YOU THERE SHEILA"

http://www.cityofvancouver.us/preparedness.asp?itemID=47571

http://www.cityofvancouver.us/preparedness.asp?itemID=23933

surfj9009

imported post

If anybody has suggestions as to where else I should add some more color, underlining, highlighting, and visual accents anywhere please feel free to make your suggestions. While I think it looks pretty good now, I am still open to suggestions as far as the visual aspects go too because if we are going to go in on printing a large number of these, we all should get to voice our opinion of the finished product and what we want to see in it.

Thanks again for all the help everybody. Only 300 left to go and I'll place the order.

surfj9009

imported post

I cant wait either. I like the blue a lot better than red. I figured if I used red, it would only be a matter of time before an anti picked it up and the red made them think of blood or something stupid like that.

Just FYI for everybody, I am leaving town for 4 weeks to go back to work. The order will take 2-3 weeks to process. I will place the order soon, and it will ship right to my buddys office. I will be home again on April 10th, and I will pick them up from him then, so the earliest they will be shipped is April 11th. Just letting you guys know. This is why I didn't want to accept payment until I actually have them in hand.

I know how much it sucks when there is money "floating around in limbo".

On second thought, maybe if you guys have an OC lunch or dinner, I can deliver them in person sometime son after I come home. Let me know! I am planning on coming over there for the next one as soon as the weather is stable on the pass.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I gave one of the pamphlets to my attorney (Randy Loun) and ask him to peruse and comment. He thought it was fine.

If you can find room, you might want to include this phrase "IF IT IS NOT PROHIBITED BY STATUTE, IT IS LEGAL"

These are Randy's words, butDO NOTquote him.

just_a_car

imported post

I actually gave a copy of the pamphlet to a fellow student in my chem 426 class at the UW who I chatted with a bit in lab about shooting.

Also handed him a copy of the CC cheat sheet.

surfj9009

imported post

thebastidge wrote:
Ah, what the hell, consider me in for the rest you need toplace the order.
bastige, you don't have to buy the rest of them for me to place the order. I am going to place it in about a week, so there is time for others to see this thread and get in if they want. I have gotten a few pm's about some others coming over to my neck of the woods and picking some up in a few months if I have some left too so it's no big deal. I have the money to place the order either way. I am just going to give this thread another week or so. That way anybody else who comes along can get in on the order. I can order any quantity, so it doesn't have to be set at 5000. I just thought that would be a good number to start with.