• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WGR pamphlet distibution

surfj9009

imported post

Hey guys, I need some advice. i am gearing up to go out and speak with local gunshops and firearms related businesses about hosting the Washington Gun Rights pamphlet here in Spokane.

What do you guys think would be the best way to approach this? I mean, I don't have an official affiliation with a group or anything, other than OCDO, so.....?

How are you guys approaching people?

Attachments

• Free Washington Gun Rights Pamphlet.pdf
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,074

Mainsail

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
Hey guys, I need some advice. i am gearing up to go out and speak with local gunshops and firearms related businesses about hosting the Washington Gun Rights pamphlet here in Spokane.

What do you guys think would be the best way to approach this? I mean, I don't have an official affiliation with a group or anything, other than OCDO, so.....?

I saw a handful over at Mary's Pistols today.

just_a_car

imported post

NMainsail wrote:
surfj9009 wrote:

I saw a handful over at Mary's Pistols today.
Neat! Good to see they're supporting us in an active manner!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

"Hi, I'm so and so. I just wrote this pamphlet that details the rights of Washington State gun owners with cites to various RCW's and case laws. This should help gun owners gain a greater understanding of their rights and responsibilities under state law, plus be a valuable resource to give to your customers when they ask questions about the law. Would you mind helping us to distribute these?"

I'm going to go to the local indy book store in Oly and see if they will host some. I'll print up a 100 or so, they probably will.

surfj9009

imported post

AH-HA!!!!

So get this, I can get 5,000 of these printed in COLOR for $275!!!!

Good thing I have a buddy who does graphic design work and has printing connections and a corporate account he can use. Staples wanted $325 for black and white!!

So...who wants to go in on the first run of them with me? I know that's a lot of pamphlets, but hopefully that will just be the beginning.

That's a good price for both sides color!! Only 5.5 cents per pamphlet. Just think about how many stores in the state can host them, and how many people we could potentially convert.

So, I'll start a group buy right here and now. I'll pick up the first 1000. This should be enough to really get some out here in Spokane for a while.

When there is a total commitment of $275, I'll submit the order. Just post how many you want right here in this thread.

Once I get them in hand, you guys can send me a check, money order, or paypal for the pamphlets and a little bit for shipping, and I will ship them out!

Here is how they break down for different quantities:

100=$5.50

250=$13.75
500=$27.50
750= $41.25
1000=$55.00

surfj9009

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Put me down for 250. That should cover the Pullman area as well as get me started in the Tri-Cities.
Hey dave, I will be posting a new pamphlet shortly with http://www.concealedcampus.org listed, as well as a bit more underlining like you had suggested in the RCW's.

Now that I am looking at it, and can get such a good deal on color copies, I am trying to look at where I can add some more color to keep the eyes on it, but still keep it as professional and appealing as possible. If anybody has suggestions or ideas about where to add color, PM me and they will be considered.

Dave The Welder

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:

What color, red or blue?
Blue might work if you got it light enough that it didn't obscure any of the words. The nice thing about yellow is that it's bright, gabs your attention, and is easy to see through.

surfj9009

imported post

OK, it's up. Took out most the underlining and added some purdy colors.

Here is the list:
surfj=1000
dave the welder=250
Phssthpok=500
misguided child=250
dlnwoody=250
just_a_car=100
steelcoreap=250
Morris=500
Trigger Dr=750
nathan=250
sv_libertarian=150+holder
scorpiomk=250
thebastidge=250
Brad Cowin=100
silverfox44= 50+holder
shy panda= 100

Phssthpok

imported post

I can manage the $30 for 500...I'm in.

You won't even have to ship....I'm scooting through Spokane on my way to Montana in late May and early June (return trip). I can pick em up in person!:cool:

Phssthpok

imported post

I was reviewing the new color changes and found one TINY nit to pick:

On the first page, left column, last line you wrote "Refer to RCW 9.41.300 on reverse to view the complete list of restrictions."

The way this pamplet is folded, wouldn't that actually be INSIDE the pamphlet and not on the back panel?;)