• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at NRA Convention

gnbrotz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

While they're clearly far from anti-gun, I've noticed the conspicuous lack of support (or even mention of) OC. I also know Kentucky is a gold-star state (and where I saw my first OCer 12+ years ago), but the convention is is Louisville, where the metro police sometimes may be inclined to ignore preemption.

I'm curious to hear of any experiences OCers have, directly related to the convention agenda itself. I'm wondering if facility owners, insurance, etc. will hamper OC, much like it does at gun shows?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

gnbrotz wrote:
While they're clearly far from anti-gun, I've noticed the conspicuous lack of support (or even mention of) OC. I also know Kentucky is a gold-star state (and where I saw my first OCer 12+ years ago), but the convention is is Louisville, where the metro police sometimes may be inclined to ignore preemption.

I'm curious to hear of any experiences OCers have, directly related to the convention agenda itself. I'm wondering if facility owners, insurance, etc. will hamper OC, much like it does at gun shows?

The exhibits in the Kentucky Expo Center will be open from Friday, May 16th, through Sunday, May 18th. The hours are 10 am to 6 pm on Friday, 9 am to 6 pm on Saturday and 10 am to 5 pm on Sunday.

The Exhibit Hall will contain one of the largest and best displays of firearms, accessories and related items in the country. Manufacturers and their representatives will be on hand -- you can discuss technical issues, handle arms and equipment and find out all the latest information. Many exhibitors will have items for sale (no firearms or ammunition). Extensive private collections will be displayed by NRA affiliated gun collector clubs. Hunting Guides and Outfitters will also exhibit in an exclusive outfitter section of the show.

http://www.nraam.org/events/

Most likely the same as gun shows...No loaded carry. Not a 100% on this, I have not reviewed the entire web site.