• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

get a hi point

Loneviking

imported post

Why would you buy these cheap, POS when for about $200 you could buy a CZ 82? The CZ is all steel frame, 12 + 1 magazine, ambidextrous, digests anything and is very accurate. Cheap doesn't always have to mean poor construction, but from what I've seen of the HP it sure does! Ditto for other guns like the Comanche revolvers from Argentina which I would never trust my life too.

Decoligny

imported post

Nobody has been able to show me any real proof that these are POS guns. I bought one to see for myself. I like the feel. It sends lead downrange everytime I fire it. It is as accurate for me as any other handgun I have fired. After break-in, it has had no problems. If it wears out after 10,000 or 100,000 or 1,000,000 rounds, they will either repair or replace it. I haven't heard from anyone who has owned one that they didn't like it for any reason other that the look and feel of it.

I don't understand people who are so vehemently opposed to a proven reliable, reasonably accurate, affordable handgun.

The only other arguements that I have seen that resemble the arguments against Hi-Points are the arguments against Open Carry, and they make just about as much sense to me.

iroc192

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Nobody has been able to show me any real proof that these are POS guns. I bought one to see for myself. I like the feel. It sends lead downrange everytime I fire it. It is as accurate for me as any other handgun I have fired. After break-in, it has had no problems. If it wears out after 10,000 or 100,000 or 1,000,000 rounds, they will either repair or replace it. I haven't heard from anyone who has owned one that they didn't like it for any reason other that the look and feel of it.

I don't understand people who are so vehemently opposed to a proven reliable, reasonably accurate, affordable handgun.

The only other arguements that I have seen that resemble the arguments against Hi-Points are the arguments against Open Carry, and they make just about as much sense to me.
It sends lead downrange, good for you. Guns are supposed to do that, at least it has that right.

It is as accurate? Hah. I had a CZ100B and have a S&W M&P with groups that would say different. I have shot 1911s that would say different.

They are not steel.
Sending a gun back after a few hundred rounds = stupid.
It rattles when you shake it.

For 360-390$ you could have gotten a CZ100B and walked out the door in your favorite calibres of (9mm, .357sig, .40) and its good carry and light.

And its made from milled steel.

There a far more choices to go than a 150$ piece of shite.

Decoligny

imported post

iroc192 wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

It sends lead downrange, good for you. Guns are supposed to do that, at least it has that right.

It is as accurate? Hah. I had a CZ100B and have a S&W M&P with groups that would say different. I have shot 1911s that would say different.

They are not steel.
Sending a gun back after a few hundred rounds = stupid.
It rattles when you shake it.

For 360-390$ you could have gotten a CZ100B and walked out the door in your favorite calibres of (9mm, .357sig, .40) and its good carry and light.

And its made from milled steel.

There a far more choices to go than a 150$ piece of shite.

Yeah, accurate.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=7427&forum_id=65&jump_to=146696#p146696

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

First off, I'd like a mod to check and see if MattW and Iroc92 are the same person. Awfully odd to see 2 new members with such similar (opinionated) opinions coming in here and jumping all over established members. That certainly is one way to make an impression on the forum.

Iroc92, I can't say if I respect your opinion or agree with you on any points in that you did nothing but offer negative rhetoric and strawmen in your responses.

MattW and Iroc92 thus far smell like trolls. I'll wait and see if a redemption moment occurs.

steamnsteel

imported post

I have a Hi Ppoint 45, yes it's big, ugly and heavy. I have fired about 2000 rounds in my junk pistol and at 30 yards I can shoot pencil sized limbs off of trees. Flame if you want but it is a good cheap pistol.

iroc192

imported post

MattW showed me this forum.

He showed it to me in almost comedy, because of the every day lack of education, intelligence, and standards in your firearms.

If you would rather drive your car across a wooden san francisco bridge, be my guest.
If you would rather the bomb squad use coke bottles for protection against explosives, be my guest.
If you would like to weld steel over a bonfire, be my guest.
If you would like have a car built completely from recycled lampshades, you could do that too.
While we're at it lets get jetliners made out of recycled paper.

While in theory these could all work, you're just asking for it.

Aka Hi-point.
They feed and get rich off of people like you I suppose.
Call me a troll, call MattW a troll, call the guy up top that called hi-points pieces of sh1t a troll all you want.

Point still stands. No self-respecting, explosive fearing, gun owner would buy a hi-point and bother with the risk. No self-respecting gun owner would buy a gun that cheap and -potentially- dangerous for the user, or in a defensive situation.

Guns are like everything else in the world, you get what you pay for. If you think you're to get a gun comparable to glock/sig/S&W for 120$ you need to seek medical attention immediately. You may have just overdosed on somthing.

I took a poll of 20 people. The question was "Would you buy a gun that was not made of steel and was 120$?"

16 answered no.
4 answered possibly.

Same people were polled, an additional question was added. "Would you buy said gun if it rattled when you shook it?"

20 answered hell no.

Common sense people.

How can you even make a thread to argue about quality with one of the cheapest and cheapest made guns on the market? This is blowing my mind.

"Directions, buy one, send it back 2 times, if you dont like it send it back again."
If you find out the real bottom end on this gun, it would be very very hard for them to lose money to you. Not even close after 2 send backs and recieves.

Get real, honestly. If you're going to point people to a gun point them with some pride in quality and manufacturing and smithing.

If anyone says anything that makes any kind of sense on a forum I will completely back them up. Only the people against hi-points are making any kind of sense to me through my personal experiences and experiences of others.

Do you want to polish a chevelle or a chevette?

MattW

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
First off, I'd like a mod to check and see if MattW and Iroc92 are the same person. Awfully odd to see 2 new members with such similar (opinionated) opinions coming in here and jumping all over established members. That certainly is one way to make an impression on the forum.

Iroc92, I can't say if I respect your opinion or agree with you on any points in that you did nothing but offer negative rhetoric and strawmen in your responses.

MattW and Iroc92 thus far smell like trolls. I'll wait and see if a redemption moment occurs.
I'm sorry, what...? Make an impression? I make a simple statement and I get a rude reply, then i'm called a troll, and said to be the same person as someone else.

I could really care less what kind of impression I make if these are the type of people that make up this community. Maybe I should run my opinions, and statements of what I think through you first, to make sure they fit with what you want to hear, as not to upset you.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MattW wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

I'm sorry, what...? Make an impression? I make a simple statement and I get a rude reply, then i'm called a troll, and said to be the same person as someone else.

I could really care less what kind of impression I make if these are the type of people that make up this community. Maybe I should run my opinions, and statements of what I think through you first, to make sure they fit with what you want to hear, as not to upset you.
MattW, assuming you are not the same person as Iroc92, I'll offer the courtesy of a response AND if you are not the same person as Iroc92, I also extend a sincere apology for lumping you in with him. Actually, if it weren't for Iroc92 joining immediately after you and posting such troll-like comments, I would have defended you if there were further strong response to your innocuous and valid comments. I did lump your posts in with Iroc92s in my comment and if you are a differnt person I shouldn't have. However, after years of administrating and moderating on forums, you get a feel for the flow of certain things and this flows like the River Troll. I did not call you a troll or say you are the same person, I said I was suspicious and asked a mod to check. I am still not convinced otherwise but it is too soon to tell. I would rather error on the side of cautious politeness hence my proffered apology if you are not the same person.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ok, so basically what I've gotten after reading all these posts is that if you have good experiences with hi-point firearms, then you support them and respect them as potentially reliable, cheap firearms. On the other hand, if you're overly opinionated and too ignorant to realize that a low priced, mass produced item is not always of crappy quality (example, VW Bug), then you make up stories about how they'll destroy the world if you buy them. Right, I got it.

Oh, and I stopped giving Iroc's posts any intelligent consideration when his response to any problem is "buy American". Sorry buddy, I don't want my money going out of country any more than you do, but a product is not of superior quality and build simply because it is built here. To assume that is extremely ignorant.

imperialism2024

imported post

Now I think I want to buy a Hi-Point pistol. I already have a 4095 (picked it up used for $100 at a gun show), so I may as well get something else in which I can use its mags and ammo.

And i mean really, you can't go wrong with the price... even the MSRPs of Hi-Point's pistols are less than the tax on most "high-quality" pistols.

:)

Decoligny

imported post

Iroc answer is to "Buy American"?

Well, won't he be suprised to find out that Hi-Point is made by Beemiller Inc. a company in DAYTON, OHIO!

So, buy American Iroc, dump the Glock, dump the Barretta, dump the CZ, buy a good American made handgun.

iroc192

imported post

Think about how cheap it would be if we let china make it? 20-30$

I mean honestly, who wants a gun where the bullets groove the feed ramp?

The metal the used is referred to by auto enthusiasts as "white metal".
If you don't know what that is, call around. Ask them if you should buy rims made out of it, or a crank, or anything for that matter.

It's brittle x5.

Decoligny

imported post

iroc192 wrote:

If you don't know what that is, call around. Ask them if you should buy rims made out of it, or a crank, or anything for that matter.

It's brittle x5.

Another bit of misinformation from someone who has proven he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The feed ramp is STEEL, not white metal. The only groove that ever happens in the feed ramp is in the paint that's applied to the outside of the piece of STEEL that the barrel, chamber, and feed ramp are made from. Theparts of the gun that aren't steel arethe slide, the frame,the grips,and the trigger. The parts that need the strength of STEEL are made out ofSTEEL.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

iroc192 wrote:

It's brittle x5.
BS_Flag.gif
:banghead:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

iroc192 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_metal

Uses of pot metal are many vehicle applications because it is cheap. When it gets between 4-6 years old it gets odd.

10+ years it crumbles to dust.
Yeah, except you've used a wiki article that has no other sources cited, AND it says nothing about Hi-Point firearms, or ANY firearms for that matter. Your presented levels of intelligence and deduction are steadily declining.