• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

drew peterson(is it fair)

benron

imported post

Is it fair that the IL state police can make up their own rules,after a judge ruled that Drew peterson could have his property back,the IL state police revokes his foid card,and keeps his weapons,i just want to know does anyone think that the IL state police had the legal right to revoke Drew's foid card even though, he hasn't broken any laws,he hasn't even been charged with a crime,is this legal? :question:
cbs2chicago.com/local/drew peterson.property

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The ISP is known for this kind of nonsense, especially since the new governor put his own guy in place. My guess is he has orders to hassle gun owners every chance he gets.

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

benron wrote:
Is it fair that the IL state police can make up their own rules,after a judge ruled that Drew peterson could have his property back,the IL state police revokes his foid card,and keeps his weapons,i just want to know does anyone think that the IL state police had the legal right to revoke Drew's foid card even though, he hasn't broken any laws,he hasn't even been charged with a crime,is this legal? :question:
cbs2chicago.com/local/drew peterson.property
It's completely illegal. And it's just the sort of thing that Rod Blowjobabitch is all about. My opinion of Drew Peterson aside, the fact is that the man has not been charged with any crime and until he is, his rights cannot be violated. If the government can just disarm anyone suspected of a crime, we're going to be in a lot of trouble. It violates due process of law. Illinois can kiss my ass!