• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hobart pd story

Prometheus

imported post

http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/2008/02/26/news/top_news/doc222e71172169560f862573fb0014bfa1.txt

HOBART | Candace Olig couldn't hold back the tears Monday as her lawyers played a videotape they say provides visual proof of her family's accusations of police abuse. Watch the surveillance video (Edited for brevity).

The 32-minute videotape, taken on the night of Aug. 30 in the Oligs' front yard, shows police arriving at the home in response to a call by the Oligs, who reported a disturbance in their neighborhood involving a speeding car. In moments, the scene turns violent.

Words are exchanged before a police officer enters the Oligs' front yard and then is seen throwing a punch that knocks Candace Olig to the ground. As a struggle ensues involving other officers and family members, the same officer is seen in the video pointing his gun at her.

Here is the video

http://nwitimes.videos.vmixcore.com/p/video?id=1737663

EDIT: Fixed link -BC

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Well the cops definitely rolled on 'em, thats for sure. Regardless of what was said there is no reason for the police to beat them like that.

I don't think hobart PD can win this one...