• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oops! McCain Makes the Slip Conservatives Feared All Along. Breitbart.tv

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=54994
"I'm a proud conservative liberal republic -- conservative Republican. Hello, easy there. Let me say this. I am a proud conservative Republican and both of my possible or likely opponents are liberal Democrats."
dot.gif

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=54994
"I'm a proud conservative liberal republic -- conservative Republican. Hello, easy there. Let me say this. I am a proud conservative Republican and both of my possible or likely opponents are liberal Democrats."
dot.gif
Freudian slip of the tongue I'd say!

Yata h ey
Speaking of Freudian slips. A little off topic but funny anyways.

Two old guys are sitting on a bench talking and one asks the other if he's ever had a Freudian slip. The old man replies 'Yes, once I was at the airport and I said for them to give me two pickets for Titsberg. How about you?' The other man replies 'I think I had one this morning. I meant to ask my wife to pass the butter, but instead I said 'You bitch, you've ruined my life!"

Joe Sixpack

imported post

I wonder if he's to old to be president.. was he just confused and does'nt have the mental endurance to be a world leader.. or was he speaking from the heart?

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Or is he speaking, as the 'Manchurian Candidate', from his room at the Hanoi Hilton? Where are his principles that allowed him to survive, unbroken by years of torture that broke better men, now that he has risen to the pinnacle of the Repugnicrats?

How does ARVN torture compare to waterboarding that is so heinous as to be banned? Worse, yet he embraces communist VN's place in the one world goverment, or kindly but still broke better men than John sKerry McLame.

Our service-MCPO neighbor told stories of Carlos Hathcock again, over supper last night, and of him dismissing his sideboys and setting his crutches aside to salute the Colors. A better hero to remember.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Forty-five

imported post

I'm no fan of McCain, butat least he gives usa chance ofgetting decent federal judges appointed. There would be no chance with Obama or Clinton.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Forty-five wrote:
I'm no fan of McCain, butat least he gives usa chance ofgetting decent federal judges appointed. There would be no chance with Obama or Clinton.

Federal Judges are subject to the whims - Advice and Consent - of Congress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advice_and_consent
Article II, Section 2, paragraph 2 of the United States Constitution states:

The President shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
ETA emphasis

Do you think that the Congress will be more or less conservative after the election and will it be strong enough to resist the left-ward rush?

Sockpuppet McLame will not resist his handlers.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

No chance is the same as no chance.

Don't let the parties ram these maggots down our thoats, Hag Hillary, B. Hussein Osama-Obama or John sKerry McLame.

Vote Constitution Party or write in Ron Paul.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I never thought I would see the day that the GOP would be dumb enough to nominate such an obvious RINO. Bush has proven to be a RINO on many issues, but McCain goes halfway from Bush to Billy-Bob Clinton. Sad, sad, sad. :(

Sa45auto

imported post

BobCav wrote:
John McCain is, unfortunately, the only Republican candidate and the best Democratic candidate!
It would be funny if it wern't true. :what:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BobCav wrote:
John McCain is, unfortunately, the only Republican candidate and the best Democratic candidate!
Sad to hear, but very, very well put. I'm going to use that if you don't mind as it is a great way to explain it.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

You mean like when we're told that we live in a democracy with a living constitution?

Like prayer, vocalizing or sub-vocalizing words makes them somehow more real. Saying stupid things over and over is what got us here...that and tolerance and agape.

Obviously I'm getting into the mindset for Lent Service and Supper in a while.

Joe Sixpack

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
living constitution? .
is just a nice way of saying "we make the shit up as we go, and change the rules as they suit us"

which ain't so bad till you start wondering what "US" are they referring tool.