• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unexpected CNN Report

stryth

imported post

Almost perfect. If only they hadn't mischaracterized Clinton/Obama's position and firearms registration I'd say it couldn't be beat.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Is the liberal press finally getting the message?
Are they, at long last, feeling the pressure from the American people?
I would like to think so but I'm not going to be holding my breath.

Yata hey

Tomahawk

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
No.

This is Glen Beck, a neocon talk show host, who makes money for a mostly liberal network by drawing in the waterboard right market. He occasionally says something that makes sense, though; if you can get past his snarky attitude, he is even funny sometimes. But the network he works for is nowhere near as pro-gun as he appears to be.

Stossel is usually a good guy; he is ABC's libertarian sideshow performer. They tolerate him for some reason, probably because he's been around for so long. He's definitely a one-of-a-kind. He has been pro-gun for years now.

That said, I have noticed that as we at the grass-roots level have made progress in the state and local arenas over the last decade, the press seems to be under more pressure to not dismiss gun ownership out of hand. They have to make money, and they have to make it in a country that is far more pro-gun than they'd like, so they have to adjust accordingly.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Moved up to News and political alerts, please don't post national stories in the state forums. We tend to get multiple threads on the same subject when that happens.

OneShot

imported post

Very nice. I like to see true media reporting on the truths of gun laws. It seems rare these days. Let hope we'll see more of this.

Joe Sixpack

imported post

the whole time i just kept asking my self.. is this a hoax?
i have not seen the media report or talk anything about guns in recent memory unless it was bashing them..

thumbs up for some honestly.

unrequited

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Stossel is usually a good guy; he is ABC's libertarian sideshow performer.

I love this guy, if not for his yearly Myths books/specials on 20/20 where he routinely takes apart Gun Control (albeit in a 4-minute segment), but for doing it over and over even when getting getting interviewed by other news stations (and the Daily Show).

Plus I'll never forget when I went to dinner with my g/f and her parents, and the subject came up that I carry everywhere I go, expecting her Long Island parents to take issue with that, but they just nodded and said that they just saw a 20/20 that said gun control was not effective, and carrying for one's protection is probably the best way to protect yourself and stay safe. <3

Tomahawk

imported post

unrequited wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Stossel is usually a good guy; he is ABC's libertarian sideshow performer.

I love this guy, if not for his yearly Myths books/specials on 20/20 where he routinely takes apart Gun Control (albeit in a 4-minute segment), but for doing it over and over even when getting getting interviewed by other news stations (and the Daily Show).

Plus I'll never forget when I went to dinner with my g/f and her parents, and the subject came up that I carry everywhere I go, expecting her Long Island parents to take issue with that, but they just nodded and said that they just saw a 20/20 that said gun control was not effective, and carrying for one's protection is probably the best way to protect yourself and stay safe. <3
Ha! Score one for Stossel.