Thread: IF yo-yo's were outlawed...

State Researcher

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZr2nlOQiks

I dunno if they're trying to poke fun at the anti's or not....but they are .

EDIT: Anyone here carry a mauser broomhandle? I'd hate for this thread to get locked because it's the least bit off-topic. :?

Post imported post

This is awesome.

Post imported post

Brilliant lampoon of the whole gun control debate.

"Yo-yos are never the answer!"

The ticker at the bottom of the talk show says "Is it time to regulate yo-yos?" and "Man robbed at yo-yo-point."

Post imported post

it is true yo-yo's was orignally invented as a ancient weapon.

i dont konw what they looked like though.. i've seen some people really good with yo-yos that could throw them with some force, i could see adding some blades to one and make it pretty nasty.

it does bright up a interesting point though.. yo-yo's are legal for little kids to buy.. in addition you see a kid walking down the street with a yo-yo you dont give it a 2nd thought but a man (or a kid) for that matter walks down the street with a gun and people get all nervous.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I liked the Taxi Driver and Godfather references.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Joe Sixpack wrote:
    it is true yo-yo's was orignally invented as a ancient weapon.

i dont konw what they looked like though.. i've seen some people really good with yo-yos that could throw them with some force, i could see adding some blades to one and make it pretty nasty.

it does bright up a interesting point though.. yo-yo's are legal for little kids to buy.. in addition you see a kid walking down the street with a yo-yo you dont give it a 2nd thought but a man (or a kid) for that matter walks down the street with a gun and people get all nervous.
    I think the weapon yo-yos are a bit more impressive than your average Duncan.

http://www.coolquiz.com/trivia/explain/docs/yoyo.asp
    In the Philippines around 1500, the Yo-Yo was a weapon. It consisted of a four pound stone attached to a rope about 20 feet long. Tribesmen used it in two ways. When hunting, they stood off to one side, held one end of the rope and threw the rock towards the legs of an animal. The rope became tangled around the animals legs, and with a tug, the hunter brought the animal down. Against enemies, the stones would be dropped on their heads. The tribesmen would quickly recover the stones, ready for a second blow if necessary.

Post imported post

Wow 4 lbs on a rope. Guess you won't be wrappin' that sucker around your finger.

Post imported post

lol ya, we call that rock-on-a-rope round these parts..

i guess it saves you from having to pick up more rocks..

the first rock repeater lol

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I'm still laughing. This is super!! Thanks for posting the link.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Wow! 4 lbs on a rope.
    I think I'd opt for a set of click clacks or lawn darts.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin