• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IF yo-yo's were outlawed...

Tomahawk

imported post

Brilliant lampoon of the whole gun control debate.

"Yo-yos are never the answer!"

The ticker at the bottom of the talk show says "Is it time to regulate yo-yos?" and "Man robbed at yo-yo-point."

Joe Sixpack

imported post

it is true yo-yo's was orignally invented as a ancient weapon.

i dont konw what they looked like though.. i've seen some people really good with yo-yos that could throw them with some force, i could see adding some blades to one and make it pretty nasty.

it does bright up a interesting point though.. yo-yo's are legal for little kids to buy.. in addition you see a kid walking down the street with a yo-yo you dont give it a 2nd thought but a man (or a kid) for that matter walks down the street with a gun and people get all nervous.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Joe Sixpack wrote:
it is true yo-yo's was orignally invented as a ancient weapon.

i dont konw what they looked like though.. i've seen some people really good with yo-yos that could throw them with some force, i could see adding some blades to one and make it pretty nasty.

it does bright up a interesting point though.. yo-yo's are legal for little kids to buy.. in addition you see a kid walking down the street with a yo-yo you dont give it a 2nd thought but a man (or a kid) for that matter walks down the street with a gun and people get all nervous.
I think the weapon yo-yos are a bit more impressive than your average Duncan.

http://www.coolquiz.com/trivia/explain/docs/yoyo.asp
[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][size="-1"]In the Philippines around 1500, the Yo-Yo was a weapon. It consisted of a four pound stone attached to a rope about 20 feet long. Tribesmen used it in two ways. When hunting, they stood off to one side, held one end of the rope and threw the rock towards the legs of an animal. The rope became tangled around the animals legs, and with a tug, the hunter brought the animal down. Against enemies, the stones would be dropped on their heads. The tribesmen would quickly recover the stones, ready for a second blow if necessary.[/size][/font]

Joe Sixpack

imported post

lol ya, we call that rock-on-a-rope round these parts..

i guess it saves you from having to pick up more rocks..

the first rock repeater lol