• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My run in with the Cops today

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Note I have ODD veiws if you are easly offended dont read it

Ok I go out on Urban Hikes, good way to stay in shape. I carry a S&W 411 pistol, its legal to do here. So I was out and I have been waiting to get stopped by the police for some time to see how much I could push it.

Ok I'll tell you about me Im 24 and clean cut, I am not partaking in the system I have stopped using a SSN and do not hold a DL or any contracts. I believe I have the right to live my life with out having to ask for everything and kept my privacy.

Ok so I got stopped 2 cop cars 2 cops a lady and a guy both really cool. I got to admit the lady had that attitude that made her hot. But the guy asked me to keep my hands up as I did from the get go. I told him he can take it out if it would make him feel better and the lady I told her there is a pocket knife on my other side.
They asked me a alot of questions trying to get me for something, I had nothing to hide and i told them why I dont have a DL or ID I gave them my name the day i was created and the appartments and what number I live in not a address. They were convinced I wasn't mentally stable I told him thats your opinion and you have that right to it. Then he targeted my ruck sack he wanted to search it, I told him NO he said "i just want to look in it to make sure there isnt any more weapons" lol i love that.NO so he asked me what I had in it, I said "its a Bug-out-bag its got camping and suvival gear and 6 full AR-15 Mags and toilet paper" LOL I though his eyes were gonna pop out. hey he asked, I didnt have to tell him and he still didnt get any probible cause to search, he said "I could seach it and you would be on your way, but if I cant I got to call my sarg" me "Call him". So he changed the subject and started to tell me if I talk to this counselor they have on speed dial for 5 min and he give me the OK I can go LOL NO I didnt do anything wrong

They ask why I carried it "same as you" I carry it because there is a treat of getting jumped by bums or dogs, he responded with "call us" I laughed and said yea Ill do that as im getting the crap beat out of me, I looked over at the lady and she had that "yea I understand that" look

I told them I am not anti-gov I want a smalled Gov and he ask "do you feel like you can make a difference?" he was trying to turn me in to a terrorist just by the way he asked it I said NO I just want to be left alone I cant stop it its to late.

at the end 45+ min after the stop they were saying they were gonna call the sarg down to see what he wants to do.......

They gave me my pistol and knife and be careful LOL

they tryed to scare me out of carrying it by saying I will be stopped all the time I said thats fine your doing your job,

I had email the cheif of police about a month ago telling him I was carrying, knew about me when they stopped me she said we got the email you sent out I was Like SWEET.

They told me they are trying to find a way to charge anyone that OC with a crime, I thought to myself Disturbing the Peace is a popular one lol.

They were very nice to put up with me and very professional i give them props

I did note to them that I am more worried about there tasers then there guns, because there like canned fun for some cops.

all and all I learned alot and will be easier next time

Questions Comments welcome

CHECK OUT http://www.survivalbus.com/

Last edited:

FightingGlock19

imported post

ComSec wrote:
I have been waiting to get stopped by the police for some time to see how much I could push it.
seems like that's a running theme on this forum. I may not agree with the whole OC lifestyle, but the more good guys carrying guns the better. "Waiting to get stopped by the police," should NOT be the reason for somebody to carry a gun. Seeing how far the officer can be "pushed," is idiocy, in itself.

I've read, on these forums, a common want of persons who open carry is they want LE to "leave them alone." How is that officer going to see those who open carry, now? It may be legal, however, giving the officer a hard time is only going to give the next guy open carrying an even harder time.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree mainly but I dont carry to get stopped I just expected it and I figured I could test some other stuff to confirm it. I gave all respect to the police and they returned it I told them MY personal belief as they asked, I told them thats my right to have my own beliefs and them there. Yea I pushed it a little far but I broke the ice so I feel better about OC

VAopencarry

imported post

Wow! I wouldn't consider a 45 minute detainment as a good encounter.

If OC is legal, I don't see what you were 'pushing'.

Mainsail

imported post

ComSec wrote:

I'm offended that our public schools have failed us so badly that this is the result. I don’t mean to offend the OP, but this reads like gibberish.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Mainsail wrote:
ComSec wrote:

I'm offended that our public schools have failed us so badly that this is the result. I don’t mean to offend the OP, but this reads like gibberish.

Sadly, Mainsail, I have [tried to] read some posts here that are nearly impossible.

No paragraphs, no periods, no capitalization. Even keys as large as a space bar get neglected.

you already seem to know the answer.they have no clue about firearms.this is southern NE.it's all about feel good politics.not things that actually make a difference.not to mention,common sense it interferes with Ct's reputation as a criminal friendly state.this is the home of corruption.unless the sheep grow some balls,nothing is gonna change. they mow the grass on the highways here in december,january,and february and no one says a word.if they plowed snow in july,no one would say anything either.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
ComSec wrote:

Sadly, Mainsail, I have [tried to] read some posts here that are nearly impossible.

No paragraphs, no periods, no capitalization. Even keys as large as a space bar get neglected.

you already seem to know the answer.they have no clue about firearms.this is southern NE.it's all about feel good politics.not things that actually make a difference.not to mention,common sense it interferes with Ct's reputation as a criminal friendly state.this is the home of corruption.unless the sheep grow some balls,nothing is gonna change. they mow the grass on the highways here in december,january,and february and no one says a word.if they plowed snow in july,no one would say anything either.
Hear hear

PT111

imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
ComSec wrote:
I have been waiting to get stopped by the police for some time to see how much I could push it.
seems like that's a running theme on this forum. I may not agree with the whole OC lifestyle, but the more good guys carrying guns the better. "Waiting to get stopped by the police," should NOT be the reason for somebody to carry a gun. Seeing how far the officer can be "pushed," is idiocy, in itself.

I've read, on these forums, a common want of persons who open carry is they want LE to "leave them alone." How is that officer going to see those who open carry, now? It may be legal, however, giving the officer a hard time is only going to give the next guy open carrying an even harder time.

For awhile I just wondered about this but lately I have read several posts that conformed my suspicions that some choose to OC just to confront someone. Self defenseseems to be secondary or not even a concern. I know that the "public" needs to be educated about the "right" to carry a gun but for me that right is to provide another method of defending myself from the BG.

There have been recent posts by someone going into a store and walking around asking clerks for something stupid just to get their attention and them making sure that they saw the gun. Another one where someone saw several LEO in a 7-11 store and went in just to test their reaction. Do we really want to flaunt our right to carry a gun like there is somethingnaughty about it? As football coaches like to say, "Act like you been there before". Most of us do not want any hassle from LEO butit is going to be hard to get to that point when some go out ot their way to hassle the LEO. When you dare a LEO to arrest you he is probably going to find something to arrest you for.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well that NOT why I carry, i dont flaunt it, I dont want to get stopped. But it is a fact the police are going to give problems. Including in my situation its very aggrevating to be stopped, do to the fact of not having a birth cert, drivers lic, or SSN

I was testing the waters when they stopped me but it wasnt related to the gun, and I wasnt trying to get stopped

and yes the grammer and spelling sucks thats part of the dumbing down of society! and the internet age, im 24 and can type better that I can spell LOL

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

ComSec wrote:
yes the grammer and spelling sucks thats part of the dumbing down of society! and the internet age, im 24 and can type better that I can spell LOL
A quick reply is one thing but a large post, I'd suggest writing in MS Word and using the F7 key or try out OpenOffice.org

Gunslinger

imported post

Just curious. Your screen name is Com Sec. That indicates you have military background, or civilian working in secure ops. (For those who don't know,
'Com Sec' means communications security.) Or did you just read it somewhere?

tarzan1888

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
ComSec wrote:

I'm offended that our public schools have failed us so badly that this is the result.  I don’t mean to offend the OP, but this reads like gibberish. 

That was my first thought too.

Tarzan

Gunslinger

imported post

ComSec wrote:
yea, I was Army Signal Corp thanks I know what it means. :X
I said "for those who don't know (what it means)." How does that apply to you? I merely asked you if you were in the military.

tarzan1888

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
ComSec wrote:

I'm offended that our public schools have failed us so badly that this is the result.  I don’t mean to offend the OP, but this reads like gibberish. 

No paragraphs, no periods, no capitalization.  Even keys as large as a space bar get neglected.

You are right Kevin.

I find myself reading it like a rap song.

Tarzan