• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wonderfully Applicable Legal Theory

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow! How succinct. How direct.

How to undermine the gun-grabbers?

Linked below isa series of interviews with Supreme Court justices. I'm thoroughly enjoying them.

Justice Scalia:

"An originalist gives the text the meaning that it had when it was adopted. Which is what we usually do with statutes; but for some reason some people think we should not do that with the Constitutional text."

Click on the first part of his interview. Let it load, then move the slider to 10:25 to get the earlier context to the above quote. The quote itself begins about 12:02.

http://tinyurl.com/24bxmw

Hat tip to David Hardy at www.armsandthelaw.com