Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Great Documentary on Gun Ownership

  1. #1
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post


  2. #2
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    Wow! Excellent, thanks so much for posting this link.

    What the anti's just do not understand is what was shown in this film time and again. That governments, all governments, are inherently evil. And the only thing that keeps them from going over the edge is an armed and vigilant populous. Herein lies the primary reason for the Second Amendment.. to control government and send out the message that the people can and will throw them out, with force of arms if needed, should them continue on a path injurious to our future.

    Thanks again.

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Moved up to N&PA.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    Interesting documentary.

    I can agree with everything the guy talked about.

    I have posted already that the people SHOULD be armed.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    This documentary was very upsetting and very graphic. It's well worth watching, thanks for the heads up.
    -Unrequited

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    unrequited wrote:
    This documentary was very upsetting and very graphic. It's well worth watching, thanks for the heads up.
    If you want to show it to friends and family, you can buy it on DVDHERE.



    What the guy at the end says is so true. If you don't want this to happen, make sure that no government has more power than the people.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    I just watched the first five minutes, and it seems very good. Must watch the rest of it later this week.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Good video. Makes the point well that power corrupts and absolutley power corrupts absolutely. A government only need disarm a popultion it fears, and it only need fear the population if government's goals are no longer those of the people. Notice that liberals/progressives are the ones who want to disarm the people. Also notice they are the ones who scream about everyone having rights while quietly working to limit or eliminate those rights that do not assist them in gaining power and control. Disgusting and frightening.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    Notice that liberals/progressives are the ones who want to disarm the people.
    It wasn't "liberals or progressives" that filed a Department of Justice brief telling the Court to not enforce the 2nd Amendment. It was Bush's DOJ.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tukwila, Washington, USA
    Posts
    82

    Post imported post

    Thanks much for taking the time to post this link. It does get you to think>

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Keithville, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    I did not know about this video until you posted it.

    I managed to get the link in front of about 3000 people since yesterday. Will continue trying to expose it to more people.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    Louisiana Carry wrote:
    I did not know about this video until you posted it.

    I managed to get the link in front of about 3000 people since yesterday. Will continue trying to expose it to more people.
    Wow, excellent. I thought it was pretty good especially with the graphic nature of some of the photos since they really drive home the evilness of these systems.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    ama-gi wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    Notice that liberals/progressives are the ones who want to disarm the people.
    It wasn't "liberals or progressives" that filed a Department of Justice brief telling the Court to not enforce the 2nd Amendment. It was Bush's DOJ.
    Ooo burn!

    In all seriousness though, while all the cool kids paint Democrats as the evil gun-grabbers, Republicans will only hold onto our side of the gun rights debate so long as it is convenient to their other, more deeply-seated goals. The only definitive ideals that the two major political parties use to decide their positions anymore is that the Democrats are for turning the USA into the UK, and the Republicans are for turning the USA into a Christian version of Saudi Arabia. Any other issues are just temporary and tools to achieve those goals. In case the erosion of other rights wasn't evidence enough, Mr. Bush's position on this case demonstrates that the GOP regards gun rights primarily as a way to get votes from those gun owners who have yet to fall victim to the "Second Amendment is the Right to Hunt" mentality.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Keithville, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    Neplusultra wrote:
    Louisiana Carry wrote:
    I did not know about this video until you posted it.

    I managed to get the link in front of about 3000 people since yesterday. Will continue trying to expose it to more people.
    Wow, excellent. I thought it was pretty good especially with the graphic nature of some of the photos since they really drive home the evilness of these systems.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...5&t=681596

    One of the threads I have started about it.

    That one is up to 3370 views in 24 hours.


  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    I didn't say democrats, I said liberals and progressives. Also, while Bush is a republican, he is not a conservative on many issues and is a borderline RINO overall. Bush has shown his liberal colors on several occasions, especially on illegal immigration and the DOJ's intrusion into Heller v DC. Furthermore, a majority of conservatives are not evangelical Christians although most evangelical Christians are conservatives. I stand by my comment.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    83

    Post imported post

    had a few bad spots where the sound or video skipped or simply jumped ahead..

    over all it's not to bad.. although i believe it to be factual i'd actually call this more propaganda then documentary.. the reason is the way it's shot.. it's one sided (not that im saying it's wrong) but documenters should be neutral, and it seemed like it was try to drill it into your head in a almost subliminal way.

    i give a "C"

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    Joe Sixpack wrote:
    over all it's not to bad.. although i believe it to be factual i'd actually call this more propaganda then documentary.. the reason is the way it's shot.. it's one sided (not that im saying it's wrong) but documenters should be neutral, and it seemed like it was try to drill it into your head in a almost subliminal way.
    Every time I watch a JPFO documentary, I always think, "wow, what a great idea! If only they'd hired a professional to make it."

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    Joe Sixpack wrote:
    over all it's not to bad.. although i believe it to be factual i'd actually call this more propaganda then documentary.. the reason is the way it's shot.. it's one sided (not that im saying it's wrong) but documenters should be neutral, and it seemed like it was try to drill it into your head in a almost subliminal way.
    Every time I watch a JPFO documentary, I always think, "wow, what a great idea! If only they'd hired a professional to make it."

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    Joe Sixpack wrote:
    had a few bad spots where the sound or video skipped or simply jumped ahead..

    over all it's not to bad.. although i believe it to be factual i'd actually call this more propaganda then documentary.. the reason is the way it's shot.. it's one sided (not that im saying it's wrong) but documenters should be neutral, and it seemed like it was try to drill it into your head in a almost subliminal way.

    i give a "C"
    C
    I was really frustrated with that skip at the end about the Carpenter murders. I tried all sorts of stuff in case it were in my end, but I think it is an error in the upload since others are having the same problem. I would like to see it without that break in it.

    Considering that there hasn't been a "documentary" up for any Hollywood award (oscar or otherwise) in probably at least a decade that wasn't leftist propoganda, I think that within the modern definition of "documentary" as established by those who make them, this would qualify as an honest to God documentary. Micheal Moore advertises his anti-American mostly incorrect hit pieces as documentaries and they are not nearly as honest as this one was.

    But then all that being said, in the big picture I agree with you, Joe, as to what a documentary should be and with that view I absolutely see your points. I would argue that this "documentary" is probably more akin to a "news" program on Cee it's BS such as 20/20 or 48 Hours than it is to a genuine documentary.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,422

    Post imported post

    It's a long video, but a good one. Thanks for posting the link.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •