• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3-2-2008

Phssthpok

imported post

I just got back from spending the morning with my Mother. First was breakfast at the Red Lion Inn at the Quay (no issues), then across the river to Jantzen Beach Mall (NOT posted a 'no weapons' zone!!) where we spent about 45 min. wandering around Target and some candle shop, then over to Home Depot for more wandering around. After we split up I went to Wal*Mart for about an hours worth of shopping. Again.. no incidents at ANY location.

Well.. that's not exactly true. As I was making my way down an isle in Wal*Mart a family came down the aisle behind me, with the typical whining single-digit youngling in tow, and obviously wearing on Mommy's nerves. While there was no direct interaction between myself and this group, it went something like:

Kid: *whine, whine* *complain* *beg* *whine, whine, whine*
Mom: "LOOK!....He gets to carry a Firearm!"
Kid: *dead silence*

:p

sailor628

imported post

Did my first open carry today. Took a bike ride with my family on the waterfront in the Beaches/ Joe's Crab Shack area. Had my 2 little kids in tow and my wife came along. Rode into downtown Vancouver, through Ester Short park and back to our car with no problems whatsover. Reading enough stories of open carry with no incident gave me the guts to finally join you all. :)

Phssthpok

imported post

It WAS a bee-YOU-tiful day for ti too!

Welcome aboard! Think you might attend our next SW WA luncheon? Families are not only welcome they are ENCOURAGED!:celebrate

just_a_car

imported post

ROFL! That's awesome... and not the only time I've heard of a legally-carried firearm by a civilian quieting an unruly child.

Maybe we're onto a new facet to our movement?...

Open Carry: actively-passive unruly-child discipline.

just_a_car

imported post

sailor628 wrote:
Did my first open carry today. Took a bike ride with my family on the waterfront in the Beaches/ Joe's Crab Shack area. Had my 2 little kids in tow and my wife came along. Rode into downtown Vancouver, through Ester Short park and back to our car with no problems whatsover. Reading enough stories of open carry with no incident gave me the guts to finally join you all. :)
Sailor, good to have you abord and glad to hear you're out there protecting your family as a responsible gentleman.

I'm glad to hear our accounts helped you, I know it helped me at first, same with getting together with others at the monthly lunches.