Thread: disclosing arrest record for permt to carry

Post imported post

Iwas arrested whenI was 17, andI wanted/needed to know ifI have to dislose any arrest information about whenI was a juvenile? It involved a paintball gun and a car, so im a little worried about my chances of getting my permit. I was never really convicted, if I remember correctly, i believe it was "deferred" I had community service, but no fine or jail time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Post imported post

I have no idea, best bet is to be honest, if it does not disqualify you then you are ok, if it does then you know.

You can always call the Sate Police, Firearms div and ask.

Post imported post

Just fill out a app for a LTCH honestly and see what happens.

Post imported post

Need more information, but based on what you have given here you should have no problem being issued a LTCH because I'm guessing you were charged with criminal mischief. Message me back I'd be happy to go over the code that applies.

Post imported post

I had the same concerns when I applied for my license. I had more than a couple brushes with the legal system as a minor. One of them was similar to yours. I shot a car window with a bb rifle. I wasn't sure if I had to list it or not. The clerk told me to write "see record" in the box. I did and it did not affect me being able to obtain my license.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Post imported post

Well, First off I appreciate all of your help on this topic, I go tomorrow! But on a more serious note, I was a passenger in a driving shooting thing. It was not a drive by, but more of a chase, but I believe all they have is the shooting thing, pretty sure the more serious charges fell on the two adults in the car. And to the one who said "criminal mistchief" those words are ringing a serious bell in my head, but this was also 5 years ago. And say I was to be denied, is there anythingI can do to restore, i dont knowhow to put it, the"trust?" of thegov. Like, with anIL FOID card i know you can go for a second chanceI believe with a note, or a person, ingood standings with the state to vouch for you to get the foid cardstill. My dad's old lady's songot denied for hisFOID, and they were sayingthey have to go that route.Yes, I live in IN, but im just saying/asking. thank you all and I wil let you all know what the outcome is whenI get it or not.

Hopper

Post imported post

I don't know about IN but in many statesthey take the failure to disclose something morre serious than the act itself. It is a simple matter for them to pull up your record, even juvenile records so you can't hide stuff very well. I know that in SC a failure to disclose that you have traffic tickets is justification for denial of a permit. I used to be that you had to list all of your traffic violations but now they only require you to state that you have had traffic violations.

Post imported post

Okay, just so I don't leave every one hanging, I got my LTCH today..:celebrate...... I never thought I would be so excited to see pink paper with my name on it... wow

Post imported post

March 3rd to April 7th. Wow thats some nice turnaround. I guess I will have to start watching the mail for mine since I applied on the 7th of March. Carry-on!

Post imported post

nwi40cal wrote:
    :celebrate...... I never thought I would be so excited to see pink paper with my name on it... wow
    That usually meant 30 mins after school.

Post imported post

I went to the police station to renew my license last month. On the question that asks if you have any convictions, I was instructed by the person giving me the application that I must include any arrests, even if they did not result in a conviction. She explained that someone she knows was denied a license because he answered no to the question despite having an arrest on his record; technically, he did answer the question truthfully (he did not have any felony convictions), but he was denied nevertheless. Yes it is terribly unfair to have to reveal any past arrests that the form does not ask you to reveal, especially if they did not result in a conviction. Someone is going to have to tell the state police commissionerthat the question is misleading, and if they want arrest information, the form should ask for it.