• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Special report: Guns in Virginia

hsmith

imported post

Pretty light on facts, heavy on sensationalism...

Odds are those parking-lot buyers are criminals themselves or will wind up selling the guns to criminals, said Flaherty, of the State Police. Critical mass attracts that type to gun shows: Having all those firearms in one place is simply more convenient than shopping in the classifieds, he said.
What are the odds? What are the stats? Do they exist or is this just a fallacy of appeal to authority? If this is such a "hard hitting special report" i am sure that these figures exist and aren't conjecture.

danbus

imported post

http://hamptonroads.com/pilot/news/guns

Here is the acutal report. It's 4 parts. The first two are already out. I'm excited to read the rest, however, when I listened to the intro, it seemed kinda leaning over toward the anti side of things. I could be wrong. It's the tone of how she said certain things that made me think that way.

What's really scary is that from the side view, I look like Cho with a tan and glasses. :shock:

Flintlock

imported post

danbus wrote:
http://hamptonroads.com/pilot/news/guns

Here is the acutal report. It's 4 parts. The first two are already out. I'm excited to read the rest, however, when I listened to the intro, it seemed kinda leaning over toward the anti side of things. I could be wrong. It's the tone of how she said certain things that made me think that way.
I agree, it appeared to me that she may have been leaning a bit toward an anti frame of mind with her commentary..
What's really scary is that from the side view, I look like Cho with a tan and glasses. :shock:
If that's you, nice sidearm...