• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Article About Causes of Mass Murders (Including Tech)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1. Old news

2. the plural of anecdote is not data

3. correlation /= causation\

Yes, there is a "thread" running thru many of the mass murders. But I sure would not like to bet the mortgage on "that" thread being the one & only thing that needs to be attended to.

I have no idea how to get some/many/all of these folks to call in to a suicide hotline before they get in the car to drive off and take their angst out on others. But maybe if they would leave a few more clues about what went wrong or why they decided to snap today as opposed to last week, maybe there would be a chance of dealing with them and their problems in a more productive way.

OR - we could pass a law requiring everybody who is going to randomly murder one or more folks to get a permit 30 days in advance. Yeah! That's the ticket. It'd work, because "the authorities" could impose all sorts of conditions before the permit was issued. And maybe it could be "May Issue" instead of "Shall Issue"? Surely we RKBA folks would not object to that permit being "May Issue".

stay safe.

skidmark