Thread: Former deputy accidentally kills wife

Post imported post

http://www.cbs46.com/news/15470479/detail.html

I heard an arguement up here (in VA) that concealed weapons holders aren't responsible. Guess former LEO's sometimes aren't either

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I think the answer is that anyone can have an "oops" moment. if that moment comes when you are gun handling, it can be deadly.

He violated 2 of the 3 rules to manage to do this.

Post imported post

Agreed. It just kills me when anti's say only LEO's are qualified to be responsible enough to handle weapons. I suppose they'll say no one is qualified to handle weapons and all weapons should be banned, lol.

Post imported post

"Clanton said no criminal investigation will be done since the shooting was accidental."

And just how exactly do they know it was an accident? Cause he said it was an accident? Without any criminal investigation, the shooter's word is all they have to go on.

Wonder how that would fly if he was an ordinary civilian?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    "Clanton said no criminal investigation will be done since the shooting was accidental."

And just how exactly do they know it was an accident? Cause he said it was an accident? Without any criminal investigation, the shooter's word is all they have to go on.

Wonder how that would fly if he was an ordinary civilian?
    It wouldn't. Chances are you or I would at least be charged with something like negligent homicide. And that is probably appropriate.

Could be there is a little more to the story though. the guy seems kind of connected.
    Riley Taylor worked at the Fulton County Sheriff's Department under then-Sheriff Jackie Barrett, who has since retired. He retired from a post at the jail as a lieutenant in 2007 after having his rank reduced by Barrett, who was under fire for financial mismanagement of the department and for deficiencies at the jail.

Shortly after Taylor retired, U.S. District Judge Marvin Shoob chose Taylor to become the auditor of jail records. Shoob is overseeing the jail in response to a lawsuit that charged it was overcrowded, dirty and dangerous

Post imported post

Don't you always "unload" your gun, instead of just sticking the loaded gun in the glovebox?

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Agreed. It just kills me when anti's say only LEO's are qualified to be responsible enough to handle weapons.

Everytime I hear someone say that, I remember the video of the DEA agent saying the same thing...RIGHT BEFORE HE SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FOOT! LMAO!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994