Thread: Fuel for antis

Post imported post

Dumbass with gun alert, leads to death

http://www.wpbf.com/news/15472752/detail.html

Killer in Wendy's kills two, off duty LEO in resturant during shooting. Details still coming

http://www.wpbf.com/news/15474521/detail.html

Parents killed - Baby snatching?

http://www.kirotv.com/news/15472704/detail.html

Post imported post

This guy had an 18 y/o chick over at his place at 3AM to demonstrate gun safety, where he claims to have accidentally shot her...I'd have arrested him too. That story is way too stupid. God help him if it's true.

-ljp

Post imported post

I have to wonder about how productive instant news really is in many ways. This morning FNC had a story about a tanker trunk over turning in New York. How is that national news? A few months ago FNC or CNN, don't remember which, had a breaking news story about a 4-plex apartment building on fire in Georgia. Again, how is that national news. Now we get these 3 stories. Stories that would be local stories 20 years ago but now we hear about them nationwide. I can't help wonder if the nationalizing of local news doesn't give misimpressions about the frequency of certain types of crimes or violent acts to the average news viewer.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I have to wonder about how productive instant news really is in many ways. This morning FNC had a story about a tanker trunk over turning in New York. How is that national news? A few months ago FNC or CNN, don't remember which, had a breaking news story about a 4-plex apartment building on fire in Georgia. Again, how is that national news. Now we get these 3 stories. Stories that would be local stories 20 years ago but now we hear about them nationwide. I can't help wonder if the nationalizing of local news doesn't give misimpressions about the frequency of certain types of crimes or violent acts to the average news viewer.
    I think you are right on there and has caused a bit of paranoia in almost everyone. The 24 hour news stations having to find new to cover gives false impressions of how bad things are since most news reported is bad. You add to it the Internet where people can sit behind a keyboard and say anythig they want to with no fear of retribution it makes for a bad situation. It seems that no matter how wild and crazy your beliefs are or how implausible your theories are you can always find a willing audience to follow and join in. Where in the past you had to work to expound on your government conspiracy you can now reach a willing crowd with just a few clicks of a mouse.:what:

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

PT111 wrote:
    You add to it the Internet where people can sit behind a keyboard and say anythig they want to with no fear of retribution it makes for a bad situation. It seems that no matter how wild and crazy your beliefs are or how implausible your theories are you can always find a willing audience to follow and join in. Where in the past you had to work to expound on your government conspiracy you can now reach a willing crowd with just a few clicks of a mouse.:what:
    Keyboard cowbois are enabled by tolerance of anonymity. Anony Mouse becomes Walter Mity with a Glock keyboard and eXtreme CQB experience.

Sign your name and be responsible for inainities and take credit for occasional flashes of clarity.

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    snipped....

Killer in Wendy's kills two, off duty LEO in resturant during shooting. Details still coming

..snipped
    I did not see anything about there being a off duty LEO being inside.... you talking about the fireman's wife the "officer"??

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It appears the Mr. Vazquez's wife was a police officer.

The victim, Rafael Vazquez, 42, was having lunch with his wife and child at the Wendy's at Cherry Road and Military Trail around 12:18 p.m. Monday when he was shot and killed by 60-year-old Alburn Edward Blake, police said.

Vazquez, formerly a Town of Lake Park firefighter, was assigned to Rescue 28 at Station 28 in Royal Palm Beach. Vazquez is survived by his wife, an officer with Palm Springs Public Safety and their five children, ages 4-21. Services will be announced later this week.
    ---

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I wouldn't lose any sleep over fuel for anti-s.

They can always happilymake their own fuel out of nothing (called lying.) So, whether they are given fuel or not doesn't really matter.

Every crime that the anti-s spin is another reason for citizens to be able to defend themselves.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
    It appears the Mr. Vazquez's wife was a police officer.
    ...snipped
    I see that she was an "officer with Palm Springs Public Safety" but it does not go into detail. She could be in a number of different categories... one being anunarmed position.

Traffic Enforcement, Volunteer, Auxiliary,Roadside AssistancePatrol.

She may may not have been armed that day either.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Last paragraph in this story says she "was a law enforcement officer, a corporal at the nearby Palm Springs Public Safety Department." The use of past tense muddies things up a little she is not deceased.
    ---

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    bohdi wrote:
    snipped....

..snipped
    I did not see anything about there being a off duty LEO being inside.... you talking about the fireman's wife the "officer"??

Initial story that was in the link was changed to what it is now. First reports were there was an off duty LEO in the resturant during the shooting. Now there is no mention. Seems they got the initial report wrong?

Post imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
    Last paragraph in this story says she "was a law enforcement officer, a corporal at the nearby Palm Springs Public Safety Department." The use of past tense muddies things up a little she is not deceased.
    "Vazquez's wife was a law enforcement officer, a corporal at the nearby Palm Springs Public Safety Department. The couple had one child together and four from previous relationships. "

Ah!! Thanks!

Wonder why she did not pop the guy.

Post imported post

Maybe she was moreconcerned for her child's safety and rushed to exit.
    Maybe she rushed to her car to retrieve her gun and by the time she returned it was over.
    Maybe she isn't confident in her gun handling skills and doesn't carry off duty or her dept prohibits their officers from carrying.
    Or maybe she thoughtthis is just a quick trip to Wendy's no need to be armed.

It is a question that might go unanswered.

Mycondolences to the victims and their families.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin