• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fuel for antis

Legba

imported post

This guy had an 18 y/o chick over at his place at 3AM to demonstrate gun safety, where he claims to have accidentally shot her...I'd have arrested him too. That story is way too stupid. God help him if it's true.

-ljp

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have to wonder about how productive instant news really is in many ways. This morning FNC had a story about a tanker trunk over turning in New York. How is that national news? A few months ago FNC or CNN, don't remember which, had a breaking news story about a 4-plex apartment building on fire in Georgia. Again, how is that national news. Now we get these 3 stories. Stories that would be local stories 20 years ago but now we hear about them nationwide. I can't help wonder if the nationalizing of local news doesn't give misimpressions about the frequency of certain types of crimes or violent acts to the average news viewer.

PT111

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I have to wonder about how productive instant news really is in many ways. This morning FNC had a story about a tanker trunk over turning in New York. How is that national news? A few months ago FNC or CNN, don't remember which, had a breaking news story about a 4-plex apartment building on fire in Georgia. Again, how is that national news. Now we get these 3 stories. Stories that would be local stories 20 years ago but now we hear about them nationwide. I can't help wonder if the nationalizing of local news doesn't give misimpressions about the frequency of certain types of crimes or violent acts to the average news viewer.
I think you are right on there and has caused a bit of paranoia in almost everyone. The 24 hour news stations having to find new to cover gives false impressions of how bad things are since most news reported is bad. You add to it the Internet where people can sit behind a keyboard and say anythig they want to with no fear of retribution it makes for a bad situation. It seems that no matter how wild and crazy your beliefs are or how implausible your theories are you can always find a willing audience to follow and join in. Where in the past you had to work to expound on your government conspiracy you can now reach a willing crowd with just a few clicks of a mouse.:what:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

PT111 wrote:
You add to it the Internet where people can sit behind a keyboard and say anythig they want to with no fear of retribution it makes for a bad situation. It seems that no matter how wild and crazy your beliefs are or how implausible your theories are you can always find a willing audience to follow and join in. Where in the past you had to work to expound on your government conspiracy you can now reach a willing crowd with just a few clicks of a mouse.:what:

Keyboard cowbois are enabled by tolerance of anonymity. Anony Mouse becomes Walter Mity with a Glock keyboard and eXtreme CQB experience.

Sign your name and be responsible for inainities and take credit for occasional flashes of clarity.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It appears the Mr. Vazquez's wife was a police officer.

The victim, Rafael Vazquez, 42, was having lunch with his wife and child at the Wendy's at Cherry Road and Military Trail around 12:18 p.m. Monday when he was shot and killed by 60-year-old Alburn Edward Blake, police said.

Vazquez, formerly a Town of Lake Park firefighter, was assigned to Rescue 28 at Station 28 in Royal Palm Beach. Vazquez is survived by his wife, an officer with Palm Springs Public Safety and their five children, ages 4-21. Services will be announced later this week.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wouldn't lose any sleep over fuel for anti-s.

They can always happilymake their own fuel out of nothing (called lying.) So, whether they are given fuel or not doesn't really matter.

Every crime that the anti-s spin is another reason for citizens to be able to defend themselves.

LEO 229

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
It appears the Mr. Vazquez's wife was a police officer.
...snipped
I see that she was an "officer with Palm Springs Public Safety" but it does not go into detail. She could be in a number of different categories... one being anunarmed position.

Traffic Enforcement, Volunteer, Auxiliary,Roadside AssistancePatrol.

She may may not have been armed that day either.

bohdi

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
bohdi wrote:
snipped....

Killer in Wendy's kills two, off duty LEO in resturant during shooting. Details still coming

http://www.wpbf.com/news/15474521/detail.html

..snipped

I did not see anything about there being a off duty LEO being inside.... you talking about the fireman's wife the "officer"??
Initial story that was in the link was changed to what it is now. First reports were there was an off duty LEO in the resturant during the shooting. Now there is no mention. Seems they got the initial report wrong?

LEO 229

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
Last paragraph in this story says she "was a law enforcement officer, a corporal at the nearby Palm Springs Public Safety Department." The use of past tense muddies things up a little she is not deceased.

"Vazquez's wife was a law enforcement officer, a corporal at the nearby Palm Springs Public Safety Department. The couple had one child together and four from previous relationships. "

Ah!! Thanks!

Wonder why she did not pop the guy.

Marco

imported post

Maybe she was moreconcerned for her child's safety and rushed to exit.
Maybe she rushed to her car to retrieve her gun and by the time she returned it was over.
Maybe she isn't confident in her gun handling skills and doesn't carry off duty or her dept prohibits their officers from carrying.
Or maybe she thoughtthis is just a quick trip to Wendy's no need to be armed.

It is a question that might go unanswered.

Mycondolences to the victims and their families.