• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Guy

Giustiniani

imported post

Hey all,

I'm new to the OC/CC stuff and the forums. Been reading the forums, and will continue on. Was wondering if there are any members that happen to work at NCC Air Port for DANG? Anyway, Im on the Del Air Nat. Guard rifle/pistol team and my Super is the team leader. PM me, and we can get together.

Also, been thinking about getting a Kimber Custom II from Lawmen's, any advice? Those guys are pretty cool, I live about 10 min from DAFB and I buy from Tom at Lawmen's. Also, any reviews on the Bridgeville range? I'm sending in my app today.

Thanks!

Gwee

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Giustiniani wrote:
Hey all,

I'm new to the OC/CC stuff and the forums. Been reading the forums, and will continue on. Was wondering if there are any members that happen to work at NCC Air Port for DANG? Anyway, Im on the Del Air Nat. Guard rifle/pistol team and my Super is the team leader. PM me, and we can get together.

Also, been thinking about getting a Kimber Custom II from Lawmen's, any advice? Those guys are pretty cool, I live about 10 min from DAFB and I buy from Tom at Lawmen's. Also, any reviews on the Bridgeville range? I'm sending in my app today.

Thanks!

Gwee
Another new guy -- welcome! If you get a chance, be sure to set, at the very least, your state in your user profile. I don't know any guys in the Air National Guard, but I was an instructor for a class of Army National Guardsman up at DelTech when they were training for Signal Corps... they're all getting deployed after Labor Day, too. :(

Regarding the Kimber... You can't really go wrong with a Kimber. I've shot on of their 1911's before and loved it. Springfield makes nice 1911's as well -- are you going to be using it for general carry? Competition?

Myopicvisionary

imported post

I have a Kimber Custom II and I love it. It is my OC gun and PPC competition gun. I've shot on the Bridgeville range as a guest of a member. The rifle range was 600 yards.

Giustiniani

imported post

Yes, I will set my state, etc tonight, thanks :D

As for the Kimber, I will probably use it for general carry until I get my CC, I have a Glock 17 that is about right for my size, I am 6'1" and kinda bulky so I can get away with something a little larger. I had a Taurus PT1911 but I had to send it back, kind of a long story, but I found out from several reviews that the more it was shot the more it broke down.

I stopped at Lawmen's yesterday and ordered a Kimber Custom II. Should be sweet.

Gwee

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Welcome, Gwee!! I'm glad you stopped by and joined our ranks!

I've never shot any Kimbers, but I really like the look of their 1911's. Pretty sweet.

Hope to see you at our next meeting!

OneShot

imported post

Hello Gwee,

I am a former DANG member up there. Back when they had OH-58's and UH-1's. I was an OH-58 T.I. before I got out. I was on the rifle team too and was able to get one of those coveted Governors Ten rankings. Not tootin' my horn. I had a good time with those guys. I got too fat and was put on the fat boy program, so I said "The hell with running, I'm getting out". Gained another 50 lbs. (for spite! I could lose it if I wanted to, but it took me so long to get this way, I'd hate to ruin all that work):lol:

Giustiniani

imported post

Hey Oneshot,

Yes sir if I dont lose some weight Im in on the same program. So I have a few months.

Also, Im a Governor's Ten, I think I made 8th last year (pistol). Not bad for afirst time shooter. I made first place new shooter and our pistol team made third.

The Air Guard is pretty sweet, my super is the weapons custodian so we can go shoot whevenever pretty much :D

Keep in touch, as soon as the weather gets better I'll be going to bridgeville and ommeladen as much as I can afford.

Gwee