• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Lunch 3/9?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Don't be late. Set your clocks back Sat. night.

Thought it was "Spring forward, Fall back".

But who cares. I'm retired, so I want a discount either way.

stay safe.

skidmark

VAopencarry

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
he appeared to be anormal guy from what I saw.
I'm in, unless we have nice weather, then there is a good chance I will be out near Skyline Drive scraping footpegs.
Ha! You don't need a sport bike to scrape pegs. In fact, cruiser pegs scrape much easier. You should see the peg feelers on my Vulcan. However, I just picked up a Honda VFR/Interceptor. It is The Devil!!!

nova

imported post

Well, there is the Fosters that's in Chantilly, not far down Rt. 28 from the Expo Center...That is in Fairfax County :cool:

Only if everyone's willing to change the plans. If not, that's cool too. I'm just throwing it out there that there's the Fosters that is in FXCO :)

IanB

imported post

There is a Fosters in Vienna:

138-A Maple Ave., West
Vienna, VA 22180
Map: http://tinyurl.com/2c4ayq

Is the consensus that we should move this into Ffx Co? I have no problem, it's just down the street from my house!! :lol:

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
There is a Fosters in Vienna:

138-A Maple Ave., West
Vienna, VA 22180

Is the consensus that we should move this into Ffx Co? I have no problem, it's just down the street from my house!! :lol:
I don't much care which location we use, but we probably need to make the call today, or you'll end up with people at both locations if it gets moved...

IanB

imported post

OK, I'll make a command decision. The locationis nowchanged to Vienna!

Foster's Grill
138-A Maple Ave., West
Vienna, VA 22180

We may want to ensure everyone has a voice recorder. I'm not aware of much OC activity in Vienna. Vienna also has its own police dept and they might not be up on OC legality. the below incident happened in Oakton which is just south of Vienna (and involved Ffx Co police, not Vienna PD)

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=4867&forum_id=54

Glock27Bill

imported post

Hey, guys.

Can I get in on this?

I've been to a few such lunches with VCDL, one of them at That's Amore in Vienna (where I live).

I have no idea what Foster's policy is on this, does anyone know? I don't OC in Vienna restaurants much because I usually dine alone, and don't want the hassle. I mostly CC around here.

I have carried at Bob Evans and at IHOP without issue, but that's having my coat cover it while enterting, then sitting OC while dining. The manager at Bob Evan's has his CCW, by the way.

Any Plan B if Foster's is unfriendly?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Unfortunately I have to work. But if your going to Vienna I would suggest Famous Daves BBQ on 123 as a backup.

unrequited

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
I have no idea what Foster's policy is on this, does anyone know?  I don't OC in Vienna restaurants much because I usually dine alone, and don't want the hassle.  I mostly CC around here.
I've been to VCDL/OCDO meets at the Manassas Foster's without issue before, so I'm not sure it's an issue.

Glock27Bill

imported post

unrequited wrote:
Glock27Bill wrote:
I have no idea what Foster's policy is on this, does anyone know? I don't OC in Vienna restaurants much because I usually dine alone, and don't want the hassle. I mostly CC around here.
I've been to VCDL/OCDO meets at the Manassas Foster's without issue before, so I'm not sure it's an issue.

Thanks, unrequited.

That's good to know. I think that Manassas was their original location.

Kendo_Bunny

imported post

Since it's in Manassas, I should be able to make it. Maybe even bring my best friend and her husband, who have gone from somewhat against, to marginal, to now looking into getting their own guns. And all because AbNo and I took them shooting (okay, maybe not fair, since the husband had already been shooting a few times, and their recent political revelations have them way more interested in self-defense)

AbNo

imported post

Kendo_Bunny wrote:
Since it's in Manassas, I should be able to make it. Maybe even bring my best friend and her husband, who have gone from somewhat against, to marginal, to now looking into getting their own guns. And all because AbNo and I took them shooting (okay, maybe not fair, since the husband had already been shooting a few times, and their recent political revelations have them way more interested in self-defense)
By "political revelations", you mean he's a hard-core Libertarian? :lol: