• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best place to mount a holster in the vehicle?

ChinChin

imported post

G27 wrote:
A few months ago I saw a website that sold magnets made specifically for guns. You'd screw it under your desk or other places and the magnet would hold up to 15 pounds of weight, if I recall correctly. I would love to find that website ago and buy one. If anyone knows of what I am talking about, please let me know! This would be perfect for some people's cars.
You mean Fast Holster?

http://right2defend.com/hd.htm

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ChinChin wrote:
G27 wrote:
A few months ago I saw a website that sold magnets made specifically for guns. You'd screw it under your desk or other places and the magnet would hold up to 15 pounds of weight, if I recall correctly. I would love to find that website ago and buy one. If anyone knows of what I am talking about, please let me know! This would be perfect for some people's cars.
You mean Fast Holster?

That's kinda cool. I can imagine a few uses for that although not as suggested on the web page to hide guns all over my house. Would probably work pretty well on the tranmission tunnel in certain vehicles as a "driving holster" too. If it was mounted carefully, good chance it could be removed before resale and that the nap of the carpet would cover the two screw holes.

Tomahawk

imported post

I was thinking about this thread today while driving, so when I got home I moved the nylon belt w/holster and found out I could wrap it around the cupholder so the holster points at the floor. Pretty cool.

hsmith

imported post

Man lots of options

I have something thought up in my head, I'll get around to rigging something up and post my results in the near future.

G27

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
G27 wrote:
You mean Fast Holster?

Thank you, sir! That's exactly what I was looking for. I think this would mount very nicely in my car near the steering wheel for my baby Glock. :)

dodge

imported post

I carry a Sprindfield XD-40 cal. pistol between my seat in a Dodge 2500 truck. Does anyone know of a way to mount a holster between my seat to hold my pistol better?

Metal_Monkey

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Fallschirmjäger wrote:
If/when the car is traded I can peel off the velcro and leave no evidence.

What!?!?!?!

That's a great selling point! Raise the price of the car $50 and don't take it off until you know the buyer is anti-gun. And even then, tell him you'll only give him $10 off because it was an inexpensive holster.
I agree 100%. I'd like think my life and the car is worth more than just a $50 dollar holster! I would also charge the anti-gun guy for the cost of the N.R.A. sticker in the back window. See there is another great selling point!

AbNo

imported post

Well, I had a silly idea while I was buckling my milk into the passenger's seat (I drive kinda rough some days).

Attach the/a holster to the seatbelt.

I usually drive by myself, in my big gas-guzzling Jeep, so leaving the seatbelt buckled wouldn't be a problem, either.

It actually worked pretty well. The seatbelt held the milk and my 1911 pretty firmly in place.

GlockPDX

imported post

There's a cubby on the right side of my steering wheel in my truck. I was thinking of buying a left hand level 1 Blackhawk holster and mounting it there. The cubby is removable so all I'd have to do is drill the holes and screw the holster into place and return it. I am always on the lookout for a replacement cubby and when I find one I'll probably do the mod.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ijusam wrote:
G27 wrote:

http://quickdrawgunmagnets.com/

is this it?
That is phat!! I think I will buy one. . Now. . where to mount it in the car...

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I tried to improvise the magnet thing using hard drive magnets. Bottom line is that the gun has a tendency to jump to the magnet. Not something I particularly like with a loaded, chambered firearm.

Walter45Auto

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Well, I had a silly idea while I was buckling my milk into the passenger's seat (I drive kinda rough some days).

Attach the/a holster to the seatbelt.

I usually drive by myself, in my big gas-guzzling Jeep, so leaving the seatbelt buckled wouldn't be a problem, either.

It actually worked pretty well. The seatbelt held the milk and my 1911 pretty firmly in place.

I know of a few people who Attach a Wilderness Tactical Safepacker to the seatbelt when in a car.

http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?cPath=51

Tucker6900

imported post

Citizen wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
Only problem with that is ifyou get pulled over, your guns is in plain view and would be easy to draw. 2 things that will almost definitelyget you drawn down on.

Train for being pulled over. This next part assumes you have a CC permit.

1) Gun and holster get tossedin the glove box fast. (I don't keep license and registration there.)

2) Voice-recorder goes on.
If you have your concealed license, then why would you put the gun away?

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Here in Texas the gun cannot be in plain sight. I do keep insurance papers in the glove compartment, and the center console isn't big enough to hide the gun.

My car does not have pushbutton seats, and the lever for forward-rearward adjustment is a bar that spans the entire width of the seat as opposed to just one side. I found that an Uncle Mike's thumb break holster fits comfortably and securely between this bar and the seat, with the clip on the bar. When sitting in the seat, the gun is obscured by my legs, and someone would have to be pretty observant to spot it just barelypeeking out from underneath my drivers seat when I'm not there (and I don't leave the gun in the car if I can avoid it). In addition, because I'd have no legitimate reason to reach in that general direction when pulled over, there's very little chance of being drawn on by a surprised officer who noticed the gun in the glove compartment (the only other feasible way to keep it out of sight but accessible. The only downside is that it's become harder to adjust the seat for the obvious reason.

AbNo

imported post

Liko81 wrote:
Here in Texas the gun cannot be in plain sight. I do keep insurance papers in the glove compartment, and the center console isn't big enough to hide the gun.
Honestly, I find that the floorboard of my Cherokee to be a good spot. If I need to put it away, I drop it between the seat and the door.

'course, this is ONLY for when I get out of my Jeep. :quirky

Bubba Ron

imported post

Here's my sons 2006 Holden Morano (AKA Pontiac GTO) and his inexpensive but very efficient setup, there are more pictures but I haven't figured out how top put them on one post - PM me for additional pix.

ETA: I guess I should have added that this is the frontof the drivers seat and the holster is bolted directly to the seat so it's always in the "same place" wherever the seatis moved to.