• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best place to mount a holster in the vehicle?

GlockPDX

imported post

I got my holster in the mail yesterday. I haven't decided yet where I want to mount it. I've got several options, some more concealable than others. Hopefully I can get it mounted and take a picture after the weekend

Metal_Monkey

imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
DrewGunner wrote:
Only problem with that is ifyou get pulled over, your guns is in plain view and would be easy to draw. 2 things that will almost definitelyget you drawn down on.

Train for being pulled over. This next part assumes you have a CC permit.

1) Gun and holster get tossedin the glove box fast. (I don't keep license and registration there.)

2) Voice-recorder goes on.
If you have your concealed license, then why would you put the gun away?

I have talked to Sheriff's on simular matters. I talked to oneon the phone a few days ago actually and this is what I gathered.

1)You need to have your pistol in close reach. If you have it in the glove box you can be ****** pretty bad. Specially if someone in the passenger seat doesn't have a CPL. Now I am not sure about having it "attached" to the automobile, because it is now illegal to have shotguns on racks now. From what I have learned you can have it in a holster rather close to your person legally. Most of the time if you get pulled over, you give them your CPL and they ask were it is, I tell them, they say "sit tight keep your hands were I can see them and ill be right back". Never a problem.

2)Voice recording can NOT be used as evidence UNLESS both parties give consent. Now with recording officers...that was not in the discussion. He went into some laws and terms that are over my head, but I take his word for it because I have looked into it some and he is correct. I can go into more detail in private if anyone wishes. Now as far as video footage goes.......I think there is a loophole there.

gumcreek

imported post

Take a look at this: www.gumcreekcustoms.com

Mountsa holster directly under the steering wheel.

I used to use a Blackhawk Serpa holster stuck down in my cup holdersin my Tundra, which worked great, until I ordered fast food. :D

txguy

imported post

Could you either post or send me a picure of your set-up

thanks

txguy

imported post

Could you either post or send me a picure of your set-up

thanks

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

^double tap

Ive put this up before, but , what the hell.

96 Z-28 Blackhawk on a mount I made for it. Has enough retension, and the location couldnt be better.

Been pulled over twice, no major issue, one cop was a little uneasy, but he diddnt touch it. neither did I.:uhoh:

Dreamer

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
2)Voice recording can NOT be used as evidence UNLESS both parties give consent. Now with recording officers...that was not in the discussion. He went into some laws and terms that are over my head, but I take his word for it because I have looked into it some and he is correct. I can go into more detail in private if anyone wishes. Now as far as video footage goes.......I think there is a loophole there.
This depends on the state, and your particular "wiretapping laws", because THOSE are teh statutes that regulate sound and video recording.

Here in NC, we are a "one party consent" state. As long as ONE of the people being recorded gives cosent, it doesn't matter what anyone else wants--you have the right to record ANY event that occurs in public or private.

As long as your recording of the event does not "interfere with the officer performing his duty" there is nothing under NC statute that forbids the recording of an LEO or any public official in th eperformance of their duties...

Of course, depending on your state laws, YMMV. And Washington IS a "Two-party consent" state, so the rules are VERY different out there...

KPatrick

imported post

What about for those of us who don't have CCW's, CHL, etc.?

Keeping it "in plain sight" is not always easy. I take an el-cheapo leather holster that came with the arm (and I would never carry, since there's zero retention) and wedge that between the driver's seat and the center console...

Landpimp

imported post

posted before I think but

S&W J frame in a padle holster that is inserted in the clawshell of the steering colume

dont get much handier and if needed can pull the holster off

373904530.jpg

Retired_Fuzz

imported post

I know this is an old post - but just as I found it, so will others. This is the most idiotic answer - to say that you will place the weapon on the drivers side window and then if, you're pulled over you'll tell the officer to walk around because your window is broke? Hmmm - as I always did in that situation - "Sir, open your door" - now you risk a misdemeanor charge for plain view, suspension and possible revocation of your ccw permit. If you are licensed and make an obvious attempt to have the weapon concealed there's no problem - if you have it in plain view and try to hide it by telling me your door is inoperative and I find that you stated that in order to be furtive - you're in it deep. Center console out of plain view, under the seat, in the glove compartment is good. Just tell me if you're going to go into your glove compartment for your paperwork that there is a weapon in there - now it's open view and as a courtesy it would be appreciated and beneficial on both ends. Just an FYI - I don't want law-abiding citizens getting jammed up for something as silly as the other opine suggested.

Retired_Fuzz

imported post

KPatrick wrote:
What about for those of us who don't have CCW's, CHL, etc.?

Keeping it "in plain sight" is not always easy.  I take an el-cheapo leather holster that came with the arm (and I would never carry, since there's zero retention) and wedge that between the driver's seat and the center console...

In NYS - that's a felony. Depending on your record one yr prison plus one year for each bullet loaded. That's the letter of the law. It is tough - I had arrested a person from AL when I found a loaded .38 in his glove compartment when he went for his papers. He and his four passengers had to go through the system - two days later they were released and had to return to NY for hearings. This went on for over a year. In the end it wound up costing these people at least a total of $40,000 in fees because they carried across multiple state lines with the weapon - even though the operator had carry rights in AL, he didn't in other states.

Ronsmag

imported post

I bought a cheap holster from e-bay for $10 I put 2 snaps on it and on an old belt I big guy so you might have to buy a big belt (LOL) I wrapped the belt around the bottom of the seat position the snaps in front of the seat and snap the holster on it works great my gun is secure and right between my legs and noone can see it see pics