• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDermott opposes carrying firearms in National Parks

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CongressmanJim McDermott has indicated he will oppose allowing the carry of firearms in national parks. I have already sent an e-mail perhapssome of you may want tocontact him as well.

Congressman Jim McDermott

1809 7th Avenue
Suite 1212
Seattle, WA 98101-1399
(206) 553-7170
(206) 553-7175 Fax

Mainsail

imported post

irfner wrote:
CongressmanJim McDermott has indicated he will oppose allowing the carry of firearms in national parks. I have already sent an e-mail perhapssome of you may want tocontact him as well.

1809 7th Avenue
Suite 1212
Seattle, WA 98101-1399
(206) 553-7170
(206) 553-7175 Fax
So....uh...what's the email address?

Me

imported post

Writing to McDermott is like writing a letter to the piece of poop you just stepped on on the sidewalk. It has no regard for what it has done to you.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

irfner wrote:

1809 7th Avenue
Suite 1212
Seattle, WA 98101-1399
(206) 553-7170
(206) 553-7175 Fax

Right after he gave an anti-war speech, where he repeatedly said we must "fight to preserve our rights here in America," I asked him point blank if he would fight as hard for the 2nd amendment as he does for the 1st, 4th, and 5th. This was when he was rallying against GWB and the Patriot Act.

After looking at me like I was a slug in the grass, he said "No."

The guy has no ethics ;)

http://michellemalkin.com/2006/12/12/dirty-democrat-files-jim-mcdermottfound-guilty-of-ethics-violations/

spike89

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
http://www.theolympian.com/news/story/377098.html

Norm Dicks, Patty Murry, & Rick Larsen are apparently leading the way to defeat these changes  :cuss:

"Everyone knows when you have guns, bad things happens," Dicks said in an interview.

What a tool.

"Park rangers and conservationists have pointed to the reasonable gun regulations in our national parks as a reason they are some of the safest places in America," said Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash.

Ranking right up there with Universities I bet!

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The McDermott thing was in the Tacoma News Tribune so I thought it rated special attention. But it seems to me like people are attacked, raped and murdered at regular intervals in our park systems. Reminding our congress people that thesevictims were unarmed and unable to protect themselves should be an ongoing process. Their mindset will only be changed slowly. So I have sent each of them a note expressing how important it is for park visitors to be able to carry a firearm. I will continue to do this every time I hear of an incident in a park or on a jogging trail etc.

just_a_car

imported post

spike89 wrote:
"Park rangers and conservationists have pointed to the reasonable gun regulations in our national parks as a reason they are some of the safest places in America," said Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash.
No, the reason they're some of the safest places in America is because there are almost no people there... No people = No VICTIMS for criminals. Why would criminals go somewhere where there's no one to rob, murder or rape?... 'Cept for maybe Smokey the Bear... and then I think they might want to charge ol' Smokey with carrying a deadly weapon, since those claws are over what they would consider a legal limit and he's concealing them under his fur.

Now, admittedly, this could be turned around by the anti's to say "well, then why would you need to carry a gun if there are no criminals?"... Yeah... they're that dumb.

Easy answer for those that have never seen a landscape devoid of concrete and asphalt?... Predators! Not the human kind... the kind that want to kill you and eat you. Just because our right to self-defense has been mostly aimed at defense from the human animal, doesn't mean we don't intend on using it on any animal bent on harming our person.

ScorpioMk

imported post

Is the issue only the carry of guns for protection? Or if the rules are changed is that going to allow recreational shooting too or even hunting?

Marcus