Thread: opened carried on my motorcycle (nova)

Post imported post

I has originally planned to c/c on the motorcycle today, but the wind and the jacket did not cooperate with me, so I ended up just tucking the jacket in behind the holster.

Since I has blown off work today because of the nice weather, I has to specific destination. I started west of rt7 to leesburg, then north on 15 to point of rocks, u-turned back to leesburg the west on rt 7 to winchester, I81 to rt 50 and the 50 east back home.

I must say most of it was uneventful, a few looks from other motorists who just happened to actually be paying attention to thing going on around them. I had expected to have a half dozen police cars come racing up behind me. but nothing. The closest I got was coming back on rt50, there was a state trooper sitting at a traffic light on a side street as I went by. He pulled out behind me came up to about 10ft from my bumper stayed there for about a mile and then came past me.

So all said, it was a good ride and non event o/c.

Post imported post

fizzer wrote:

...I started west of rt7 to leesburg, then north on 15 to point of rocks...
    Hopefully you didn't cross over into the PRMD!!!

Since I take that way to work in the People's Republik of Maryland, it's no carrying for me...

Post imported post

fizzer wrote:
    He pulled out behind me came up to about 10ft from my bumper
    Those Goldwings sure are getting big :^)!

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    fizzer wrote:
    He pulled out behind me came up to about 10ft from my bumper
    Those Goldwings sure are getting big :^)!
    no need to bust my balls, you know what I mean:P

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I has originally planned to c/c on the motorcycle today, but the wind and the jacket did not cooperate with me, so I ended up just tucking the jacket in behind the holster.
    You were carrying in a belt holster?:shock:

While I'm sure retention wouldn't be your highest concern in a get off, if you impact on the gun, it's probably going to hurt a bit more.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

I OC on my bicycle and on my Wizzer all the time. I've never had a problem and I've noticed it cuts down on the cagers and lane slicers. I attach it to my backpack on the Bike and hip carry on my wizzer.

I have one mountain bike with a rifle scabbard on it...so I guess I might be a Redneck!:celebrate

Post imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
    While I'm sure retention wouldn't be your highest concern in a get off, if you impact on the gun, it's probably going to hurt a bit more.
    If you lay your bike down, that's probably your last concern.

Post imported post

Does anyone have a link to the photo of the MC rider wearing black leathers and an AK-47 slung over his shoulder riding on the interstate? :what: Funny as all get out. I wish I'd saved that one!

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

That's a myth put forth by riders who lack skills... like Arnold Schwarzenegger. However,were a rider (regardless of skill) to encounter a sudden, unintended and spontaneous separation of rubber and asphalt resulting some human asphalt surfing it will most certainly be a concern.

Watch the moto races on Speed and you'll note that low sides often result in more than just sliding, sometimes there's tumbling involved ( and I'm not referring to once fired brass folks ). That 30-50 ounces ofmetal & possibly plastic is not going to give before your muscle and bone structure.

That was the source of my question.

Post imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
    That's a myth put forth by riders who lack skills... like Arnold Schwarzenegger. However,were a rider (regardless of skill) to encounter a sudden, unintended and spontaneous separation of rubber and asphalt resulting some human asphalt surfing it will most certainly be a concern.

Watch the moto races on Speed and you'll note that low sides often result in more than just sliding, sometimes there's tumbling involved ( and I'm not referring to once fired brass folks ). That 30-50 ounces ofmetal & possibly plastic is not going to give before your muscle and bone structure.

While that is true, my feeling is that if I were to lay my bike down I would rather have a broken bone or two from falling on my gun rather than having my face ripped off.

Post imported post

Mr. Y wrote:

Never meant to imply that anyone should lay their bike down on purpose. IMO, bikes stop faster on rubber versus sliding on metal or plastic. I agree it is a concern, but it wouldn't be my primary concern while I'm asphault surfing. My concern is that no one runs me over while I'm on the ground or I hopefully won't hit an immoveable object at high speeds.

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    Does anyone have a link to the photo of the MC rider wearing black leathers and an AK-47 slung over his shoulder riding on the interstate? :what: Funny as all get out. I wish I'd saved that one!

Post imported post

Damn double tap.

Post imported post

OCed H and K wrote:
    Damn double tap.
    Thanks OC, that's the one I was thinking of. Imagine him passing the driver's door of some anti :^). Only in America and perhaps Afghanistan.

Edit: I gotta say the white socks ruins it a little :^).