• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

opened carried on my motorcycle (nova)

fizzer

imported post

I has originally planned to c/c on the motorcycle today, but the wind and the jacket did not cooperate with me, so I ended up just tucking the jacket in behind the holster.

Since I has blown off work today because of the nice weather, I has to specific destination. I started west of rt7 to leesburg, then north on 15 to point of rocks, u-turned back to leesburg the west on rt 7 to winchester, I81 to rt 50 and the 50 east back home.

I must say most of it was uneventful, a few looks from other motorists who just happened to actually be paying attention to thing going on around them. I had expected to have a half dozen police cars come racing up behind me. but nothing. The closest I got was coming back on rt50, there was a state trooper sitting at a traffic light on a side street as I went by. He pulled out behind me came up to about 10ft from my bumper stayed there for about a mile and then came past me.

So all said, it was a good ride and non event o/c.

savery

imported post

fizzer wrote:
...I started west of rt7 to leesburg, then north on 15 to point of rocks...

Hopefully you didn't cross over into the PRMD!!! :lol:

Since I take that way to work in the People's Republik of Maryland, it's no carrying for me...

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

I has originally planned to c/c on the motorcycle today, but the wind and the jacket did not cooperate with me, so I ended up just tucking the jacket in behind the holster.
You were carrying in a belt holster?:shock:

While I'm sure retention wouldn't be your highest concern in a get off, if you impact on the gun, it's probably going to hurt a bit more.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I OC on my bicycle and on my Wizzer all the time. I've never had a problem and I've noticed it cuts down on the cagers and lane slicers. I attach it to my backpack on the Bike and hip carry on my wizzer.

:lol:

I have one mountain bike with a rifle scabbard on it...so I guess I might be a Redneck!:celebrate

eyesopened

imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
While I'm sure retention wouldn't be your highest concern in a get off, if you impact on the gun, it's probably going to hurt a bit more.
If you lay your bike down, that's probably your last concern. :D

Neplusultra

imported post

Does anyone have a link to the photo of the MC rider wearing black leathers and an AK-47 slung over his shoulder riding on the interstate? :what: Funny as all get out. I wish I'd saved that one!

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

That's a myth put forth by riders who lack skills... like Arnold Schwarzenegger. However,were a rider (regardless of skill) to encounter a sudden, unintended and spontaneous separation of rubber and asphalt resulting some human asphalt surfing it will most certainly be a concern.

Watch the moto races on Speed and you'll note that low sides often result in more than just sliding, sometimes there's tumbling involved ( and I'm not referring to once fired brass folks ). That 30-50 ounces ofmetal & possibly plastic is not going to give before your muscle and bone structure.

That was the source of my question.

Spectre

imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
That's a myth put forth by riders who lack skills... like Arnold Schwarzenegger. However,were a rider (regardless of skill) to encounter a sudden, unintended and spontaneous separation of rubber and asphalt resulting some human asphalt surfing it will most certainly be a concern.

Watch the moto races on Speed and you'll note that low sides often result in more than just sliding, sometimes there's tumbling involved ( and I'm not referring to once fired brass folks ). That 30-50 ounces ofmetal & possibly plastic is not going to give before your muscle and bone structure.

While that is true, my feeling is that if I were to lay my bike down I would rather have a broken bone or two from falling on my gun rather than having my face ripped off.

eyesopened

imported post

Mr. Y wrote:

Never meant to imply that anyone should lay their bike down on purpose. IMO, bikes stop faster on rubber versus sliding on metal or plastic. I agree it is a concern, but it wouldn't be my primary concern while I'm asphault surfing. My concern is that no one runs me over while I'm on the ground or I hopefully won't hit an immoveable object at high speeds.

OCed H and K

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Does anyone have a link to the photo of the MC rider wearing black leathers and an AK-47 slung over his shoulder riding on the interstate? :what: Funny as all get out. I wish I'd saved that one!
l_829ca2b050cf731c3febb1697f01032a.jpg