• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you carry when alone?

Do you take your gun with you or leave it with your family?

• Take it. My gun never leaves my side.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take it. I don't trust them with it.

• Take it. I open carry to exercise my rights first, for protection second.

• Leave it. I think I am better off unarmed then they are.

• Leave it. I think my house is a more likely target then I am.

• Leave it. Carrying outside my house is stupid.

• Total voters

kmcdowel

imported post

It depends on where I'm going, how long I'll be there, and what my 'wifes' plans are. For example, I went to Chicago last month and I can not carry there, the gun stayed home. I also went to the Twin Cities were I can carry, the gun wen't with me. When I work a midnight, she gets the gun (I can't carry where I work anyways...). I live in a pretty good area, which of courseeffects my decisions.

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have many more Guns than one... I pick the Gun I want like the Admiral picks out her Shoes :cool: Well lets see, What goes better with these clothes... hmmmm decisions decisions...:lol:

Manka Cat

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Long time ago I left my wife home with three.  She had need for one of them one day, and was successful.  She has her own now.  :cool:

Nice. I just wish that wasn't always what it takes.

Sa45auto

imported post

Do you carry when alone?

When you are alone you have no need to carry........Its when the BG shows up that you need your gun..........the problem is that you never know when that is going to be..........so you should always carry.....

Manka Cat

imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
Do you carry when alone?

When you are alone you have no need to carry........Its when the BG shows up that you need your gun..........the problem is that you never know when that is going to be..........so you should always carry.....

Did you even read my opening post??? Or any of the others???

I'm not even going to explain why what you said is completely irrelevant....

Sa45auto

imported post

Manka Cat wrote:
Sa45auto wrote:
Do you carry when alone?

Did you even read my opening post??? Or any of the others???

I'm not even going to explain why what you said is completely irrelevant....

:) Smile the day will get better. We live longer if we can laugh at ourselves.

Yes I read ;your post and the others. My post was, in part,a joke with some deep thought to it.

If you are truly alone you would not need to protect your self, but you can never guarantee that you will stay alone. ie. here comes the bad guy, so ergo you must always carry. That was my point inmy response to your question as to if I carried when I was alone. :banghead:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Yeah, I take 'em all with me. :D

attachment.php

LEO 229

imported post

Nice collection...

Would you mind sending me the SN for each one? :lol:

sjhipple

imported post

That folding derringer you have, is that considered an "any other weapon" by the ATF or is it just like any other handgun? Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Sa45auto

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
regarding Sa45auto, he seems to be a troll so don't mind him or his hair-splitting argumentativeness too much.

So let me get this straight. If someone does not agree with you or does not know who you are then their opinions are not of value.

Well I am sorry for offending the almighty one. :lol:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

There's a derringer there, but it doesn't fold. I assume you mean the gun to the left (first gun on the bottom left). That's simply a NAA mini revolver. In the eyes of the ATF it's just a handgun, albeit a small one. I bought it locally at a gun shop. Don't remember the cost, but roughly 200 dollars? I usually get an additional discount from the dealer, plus free ammo. (Frequent buyer perk)