Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your 3 gun battery.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

If a hypothetical fiat came down that said you could only own 3 guns and they could only be 1 each of a centerfire rifle, shotgun, centerfire handgun. Consider all other current laws (OC, CC, state bans) to be in effect, just that the government says you can't have more than 3.

To make this more fun, lets say .22 rimfires, airguns, black powder guns and pre 1899 guns are exempt. So add them as you please.

Also feel free to accessorize your arsenal with whatever you would normally find out there now.

Now my choices:
    Rifle-M1A, seems like a reasonable choice for hunting and defense to me.
    Handgun- Glock 23 for OC or CC.
    Shotgun- Mossberg 500, 12 gauge with 18.5" barrel, and 28" barrel. Folding stock added on for home defense.

ETA:
    NAA Black Widow 22 MAG/LR as a BUG
    10/22
    Thompson Triumph .50 Cal
    Maybe a brace of Ruger Old Armys

Post imported post

well other then the fact i would'nt abid by it i'll play along and say.

well if money is no object.

rifle: ar-15 (select fire)
    shotgun: spas12
    handgun: beretta 93r (optionally a 92 steel-I in DA)

Post imported post

Since I currently own a Remington 1300 shotty, and glock 23 and an SKS, I would be set...though I would probably swap out the Defender for something with a slightly longer barrel and semi-auto plus sliding or folding stock, and the SKS for an AK-47 with holo sights. I'm happy with my 23. It has a flashlight on the rails, but I want to switch for the light with built in laser glock is making now.

Of course, I would then buy black market or from private parties (if anyone would part with anything - I imagine that in this scenario a lot of people would have a lot of guns to sell fast).

Post imported post

AR-10 .308
    XD-45 5"
    Don't really care much about a shotgun but if I could only have 3 guns, I guess I'd pick up a 12ga 870
    Ruger 10/22
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

If I could have any gun I wanted, but only 3 they would be;

Springfield M1903

Springfield M1911 A1

Mossberg 500 50577

Post imported post

Glock 20, 10mm
    1918A2 BAR "Colt Monitor", 30-06 "FA" preferred but "SA" will do
    Benelli M3, 12ga 20"bbl w/extension
    If only three were allowed.
    As for the exempt items, .22LR an American 180.:quirky, 1st gen Colt SAA in 38-40 or .45LCand Browning High wall in .45-70 or .45-90.
    I wouldn't turn down a Sharps rifle or a Winchester 97T or M1887 in 12ga.

EDIT:
    TYPO and additions
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Dragunov rifle; Winchester 97T (trench) shotgun with bayonet (#6 shot for game, 04 buck for humans, as needed); Beretta 84F, .380ACP; and my exempt Crossman Pumpmaster 870 BB/pellet gun. Even if the Winchester is exempt as as an antique, I'll count it towards my 3. No black powder for me: I'm way too impatient to bother with that. Nice effect though, I admit.

-ljp

Post imported post

http://www.antiquefirearms.org/blog/ If you need ideas for pre 1899 guns.
    http://www.navyarms.com/ -Black powder.

Post imported post

Not sure on the rifle and shotgun, but if I were limited to one handgun, I would want it to be as versitile a handgun as possible.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand...ductCode=DEXIX

They are pricey, but you essentially get 6 handguns with one serial number.

.357 in6" and 10"

.44 in 6" and 10"

.50 in 6" and 10"

Post imported post

I think I would go with:

Springfield Arms M1A Socom
    Springfield XD .45 Tactical
    Remington 870 12ga

Edited to correct XD model
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

1. glock 35 with .357 sig barrel
    2. Mossberg 590 Mariner
    3. Never owned nor ever fired a rifle before but im sure something semi auto with readily available ammo and something that is extremely reliable.

Post imported post

My choice would be

My trusty Glock 19
    Mossberg 500 "Just in case" series (18" pistol grip)
    Saiga 7.62x39 w/ a couple 30 round magazines.

None of the above are particularly expensive, but they are all built like rocks and have cheap and easy to come by ammo.

Also, since antiques are exempt from this rule, I'd have my 1891 Mauser Argentine and I'd also buy a Konig Leopold .

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    Not sure on the rifle and shotgun, but if I were limited to one handgun, I would want it to be as versitile a handgun as possible.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand...ductCode=DEXIX

They are pricey, but you essentially get 6 handguns with one serial number.

.357 in6" and 10"

.44 in 6" and 10"

.50 in 6" and 10"
    Nice loophole there. I'll go for the same as a handgun.

For a shotgun, it would be up in the air between a Saiga 12 and a sawed-off SXS 12-gauge (you didn't exclude NFA items...)

For a rifle, the common sense part of me says a Dragunov SVD. Then again, something in me would want a bolt-action .700 Nitro Express rifle instead...

Post imported post

Hypothetical ones I could buy in the next week if I went all plastic for the zombie uprising?

Dragunov SVD (seems to be a favorite around here)
    XD 4" .45ACP (already got this so dunno if it counts)

I don't know enough about shotguns... so I'll have to jump on the Mossberg 500 bandwagon because so many others have mentioned it. I would have liked to have a semi-auto shotgun though and hope others could recommend one.

Now if it were last 3 guns to own forever, I'd probably take a Barrett M82 (.50) or quite possibly their new hotness the Barrett M99 (.416). Ditto with the other two guns.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Hmm, this is tough. I would say M14/M1A, but I have a Remington 700 variant which I personally accurized. All the work I put into it to make it mine makes it har to part with. But I guess I would let my brother have one and keep the other, so I'll just say:

M14

M1911A1 (another toughie, I like my Firestar, but 1911's are easier to find parts)

Remington 870, maybe? Don't know much about shotguns. Maybe a Remington 1100.

In the exempt category:

Ruger 10/22

NAA minirevolver .22 WMR

Ruger Old Army .44 percussion, the best-made cap-and-ball revolver I can think of...

And a Brown Bess or a Charleville just in case they ban everything else!

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    (you didn't exclude NFA items...)
    TheOP did include NFA "Consider all other current laws (OC, CC, state bans) to be in effect, just that the government says you can't have more than 3."
    So, if under current laws you are able to own you're good to go.

Having owned a Desert Eagle in .44mag I'll never own another DE
    After sending it to the factory numerous times for various problems MR finally replaced it with a new gun which I promptly sold.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    I don't know enough about shotguns... so I'll have to jump on the Mossberg 500 bandwagon because so many others have mentioned it. I would have liked to have a semi-auto shotgun though and hope others could recommend one.
    I hear Beretta makes some very nice semi auto shotguns :P! (just a joke, stick with a pump shotgun.)

Post imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
    unrequited wrote:
    I don't know enough about shotguns... so I'll have to jump on the Mossberg 500
    Beretta makes some very nice semi auto shotguns :P! (just a joke, stick with a pump shotgun.)
    Mossberg 500is a/would be a good choice but if you really want a semi.

Remignton 1100, 1187, Benelli M3( it is a pump and semi auto).
    But if you like Mossberg there is the Mossberg 930 series(numerous variations).

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Thanks for the suggestions agent19... Wow, I'm in love with the M3... but it's so expensive!
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestions agent19... Wow, I'm in love with the M3... but it's so expensive!
    But under the rules of the game, assuming you own more than a few guns, you could sell some to pay for it.:?
    Of course IRL, well you could do that too.

Post imported post

I'll list my 3 favorite/most useful guns, because it would be a fatal mistake for someone to deprive me of my right to own as many firearms as I wish...

So my favorites of my current collection are:

FN-FAL - Mine is a DSA STG-58. This gun's one job, and only job, is to kick ass. It's one gun i'm pretty much in tune with and know inside and out, and holds a very special place in my heart (next to my fiancee and my parrots, of course) The only way anyone is going to get this gun is slide lock empty, and that's after picking it up from my lifeless hands after climbing a small mountain of spent .308s

Remington 870 - I love my super nova but the parts and barrels just ain't there to keep it running should something happen - and i'd look stupid doing much of anything other than hunting or shooting skeet with a 26" barrel. With my 870 i'm set - my current barrel for combat, and all i'd have to do is pick up a rifled and sighted slug barrel for deer, and a 26 inch or so barrel for bird hunting.

Glock 19 - rugged, common, easy to find ammo, mags, and parts.

Post imported post

This has been interesting. I'm glad folks are seeing the loopholes I left. Yes SBRs, SBSs, and MGs legal, they would just count as your rifle or shotgun.

Post imported post

I'll play.

AR15 6.8SPC

XD .45 5''

Remington 870 TAC

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    unrequited wrote:
    But under the rules of the game, assuming you own more than a few guns, you could sell some to pay for it.:?
    Of course IRL, well you could do that too.
    I think the game's a good way to think about what to buy next. > )
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

It's not a scientific poll but it does seem to show most folks preference for a battle rifle if pressed and almost all would choose something of military origins.
    30 caliber please...

The preference for 500s or 870s I expected, though the Saiga 12 is interesting, in a few years I wouldn't be surprised to see it higher rated. Nothing less than 12 gauge.

XDs, Glocks, and 1911s, nothing surprising there, the Desert Eagle is a creative option.

I have a nice collection, but an exercise like this does make me think what would I really need/ want/ keep/ take with me in a pinch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast