• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your 3 gun battery.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

If a hypothetical fiat came down that said you could only own 3 guns and they could only be 1 each of a centerfire rifle, shotgun, centerfire handgun. Consider all other current laws (OC, CC, state bans) to be in effect, just that the government says you can't have more than 3.

To make this more fun, lets say .22 rimfires, airguns, black powder guns and pre 1899 guns are exempt. So add them as you please.

Also feel free to accessorize your arsenal with whatever you would normally find out there now.

Now my choices:
Rifle-M1A, seems like a reasonable choice for hunting and defense to me.
Handgun- Glock 23 for OC or CC.
Shotgun- Mossberg 500, 12 gauge with 18.5" barrel, and 28" barrel. Folding stock added on for home defense.

ETA:
NAA Black Widow 22 MAG/LR as a BUG
10/22
Thompson Triumph .50 Cal
Maybe a brace of Ruger Old Armys

Joe Sixpack

imported post

well other then the fact i would'nt abid by it i'll play along and say.

well if money is no object.

rifle: ar-15 (select fire)
shotgun: spas12
handgun: beretta 93r (optionally a 92 steel-I in DA)

Manka Cat

imported post

Since I currently own a Remington 1300 shotty, and glock 23 and an SKS, I would be set...though I would probably swap out the Defender for something with a slightly longer barrel and semi-auto plus sliding or folding stock, and the SKS for an AK-47 with holo sights. I'm happy with my 23. It has a flashlight on the rails, but I want to switch for the light with built in laser glock is making now.

Of course, I would then buy black market or from private parties (if anyone would part with anything - I imagine that in this scenario a lot of people would have a lot of guns to sell fast).

VAopencarry

imported post

AR-10 .308
XD-45 5"
Don't really care much about a shotgun but if I could only have 3 guns, I guess I'd pick up a 12ga 870
Ruger 10/22

Sa45auto

imported post

If I could have any gun I wanted, but only 3 they would be;

Springfield M1903

Springfield M1911 A1

Mossberg 500 50577

Marco

imported post

Glock 20, 10mm
1918A2 BAR "Colt Monitor", 30-06 "FA" preferred but "SA" will do
Benelli M3, 12ga 20"bbl w/extension
If only three were allowed.
As for the exempt items, .22LR an American 180.:quirky, 1st gen Colt SAA in 38-40 or .45LCand Browning High wall in .45-70 or .45-90.
I wouldn't turn down a Sharps rifle or a Winchester 97T or M1887 in 12ga.;)

EDIT:
TYPO and additions

Legba

imported post

Dragunov rifle; Winchester 97T (trench) shotgun with bayonet (#6 shot for game, 04 buck for humans, as needed); Beretta 84F, .380ACP; and my exempt Crossman Pumpmaster 870 BB/pellet gun. Even if the Winchester is exempt as as an antique, I'll count it towards my 3. No black powder for me: I'm way too impatient to bother with that. Nice effect though, I admit.

-ljp

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

1. glock 35 with .357 sig barrel
2. Mossberg 590 Mariner
3. Never owned nor ever fired a rifle before but im sure something semi auto with readily available ammo and something that is extremely reliable.

glockrocker

imported post

My choice would be

My trusty Glock 19
Mossberg 500 "Just in case" series (18" pistol grip)
Saiga 7.62x39 w/ a couple 30 round magazines.

None of the above are particularly expensive, but they are all built like rocks and have cheap and easy to come by ammo.

Also, since antiques are exempt from this rule, I'd have my 1891 Mauser Argentine and I'd also buy a Konig Leopold :).

imperialism2024

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Not sure on the rifle and shotgun, but if I were limited to one handgun, I would want it to be as versitile a handgun as possible.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=DEXIX

They are pricey, but you essentially get 6 handguns with one serial number.

.357 in6" and 10"

.44 in 6" and 10"

.50 in 6" and 10"

Nice loophole there. I'll go for the same as a handgun.

For a shotgun, it would be up in the air between a Saiga 12 and a sawed-off SXS 12-gauge (you didn't exclude NFA items...)

For a rifle, the common sense part of me says a Dragunov SVD. Then again, something in me would want a bolt-action .700 Nitro Express rifle instead...

unrequited

imported post

Hypothetical ones I could buy in the next week if I went all plastic for the zombie uprising?

Dragunov SVD (seems to be a favorite around here)
XD 4" .45ACP (already got this so dunno if it counts)

I don't know enough about shotguns... so I'll have to jump on the Mossberg 500 bandwagon because so many others have mentioned it. I would have liked to have a semi-auto shotgun though and hope others could recommend one.

Now if it were last 3 guns to own forever, I'd probably take a Barrett M82 (.50) or quite possibly their new hotness the Barrett M99 (.416). Ditto with the other two guns.

Tomahawk

imported post

Hmm, this is tough. I would say M14/M1A, but I have a Remington 700 variant which I personally accurized. All the work I put into it to make it mine makes it har to part with. But I guess I would let my brother have one and keep the other, so I'll just say:

M14

M1911A1 (another toughie, I like my Firestar, but 1911's are easier to find parts)

Remington 870, maybe? Don't know much about shotguns. Maybe a Remington 1100.

In the exempt category:

Ruger 10/22

NAA minirevolver .22 WMR

Ruger Old Army .44 percussion, the best-made cap-and-ball revolver I can think of...

And a Brown Bess or a Charleville just in case they ban everything else!

Marco

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
(you didn't exclude NFA items...)
TheOP did include NFA "Consider all other current laws (OC, CC, state bans) to be in effect, just that the government says you can't have more than 3."
So, if under current laws you are able to own you're good to go.

Having owned a Desert Eagle in .44mag I'll never own another DE:exclaim:
After sending it to the factory numerous times for various problems MR finally replaced it with a new gun which I promptly sold.

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

unrequited wrote:
I don't know enough about shotguns... so I'll have to jump on the Mossberg 500 bandwagon because so many others have mentioned it. I would have liked to have a semi-auto shotgun though and hope others could recommend one.
I hear Beretta makes some very nice semi auto shotguns :p! (just a joke, stick with a pump shotgun.)

Marco

imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
unrequited wrote:
I don't know enough about shotguns... so I'll have to jump on the Mossberg 500
Beretta makes some very nice semi auto shotguns :p! (just a joke, stick with a pump shotgun.)
Mossberg 500is a/would be a good choice but if you really want a semi.

Remignton 1100, 1187, Benelli M3( it is a pump and semi auto).
But if you like Mossberg there is the Mossberg 930 series(numerous variations).

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

unrequited wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions agent19... Wow, I'm in love with the M3... but it's so expensive!
But under the rules of the game, assuming you own more than a few guns, you could sell some to pay for it.:?
Of course IRL, well you could do that too.