• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your 3 gun battery.

savery

imported post

I'll list my 3 favorite/most useful guns, because it would be a fatal mistake for someone to deprive me of my right to own as many firearms as I wish...

So my favorites of my current collection are:

FN-FAL - Mine is a DSA STG-58. This gun's one job, and only job, is to kick ass. It's one gun i'm pretty much in tune with and know inside and out, and holds a very special place in my heart (next to my fiancee and my parrots, of course) The only way anyone is going to get this gun is slide lock empty, and that's after picking it up from my lifeless hands after climbing a small mountain of spent .308s

Remington 870 - I love my super nova but the parts and barrels just ain't there to keep it running should something happen - and i'd look stupid doing much of anything other than hunting or shooting skeet with a 26" barrel. With my 870 i'm set - my current barrel for combat, and all i'd have to do is pick up a rifled and sighted slug barrel for deer, and a 26 inch or so barrel for bird hunting.

Glock 19 - rugged, common, easy to find ammo, mags, and parts.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

This has been interesting. I'm glad folks are seeing the loopholes I left. Yes SBRs, SBSs, and MGs legal, they would just count as your rifle or shotgun.

unrequited

imported post

longwatch wrote:
unrequited wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions agent19... Wow, I'm in love with the M3... but it's so expensive!
But under the rules of the game, assuming you own more than a few guns, you could sell some to pay for it.:?
Of course IRL, well you could do that too.
I think the game's a good way to think about what to buy next. > )

longwatch

imported post

It's not a scientific poll but it does seem to show most folks preference for a battle rifle if pressed and almost all would choose something of military origins.
30 caliber please...

The preference for 500s or 870s I expected, though the Saiga 12 is interesting, in a few years I wouldn't be surprised to see it higher rated. Nothing less than 12 gauge.

XDs, Glocks, and 1911s, nothing surprising there, the Desert Eagle is a creative option.

I have a nice collection, but an exercise like this does make me think what would I really need/ want/ keep/ take with me in a pinch.

imperialism2024

imported post

longwatch wrote:
It's not a scientific poll but it does seem to show most folks preference for a battle rifle if pressed and almost all would choose something of military origins.
30 caliber please...

The preference for 500s or 870s I expected, though the Saiga 12 is interesting, in a few years I wouldn't be surprised to see it higher rated. Nothing less than 12 gauge.

XDs, Glocks, and 1911s, nothing surprising there, the Desert Eagle is a creative option.

I have a nice collection, but an exercise like this does make me think what would I really need/ want/ keep/ take with me in a pinch.

Just picked up my first Saiga 12 last night. I'll probably go take it shooting tomorrow, though I'll need to stick to slugs at my range (unless I'm the only one there...) I'm looking forward to the looks on the faces of my friends this summer when we go trap/skeet shooting :D

longwatch

imported post

Cool are you going to do the tromix custom work that really makes the design shine.

I may have to change my answer on my rifle.
The more I read about it the more I like the Magpul Masada/ Bushmaster ACR.
5.56mm, 7.62x39, 6.8SPC, 6.5 Grendel, and 5.45x39. Has a variety of stocks and barrel lengths available.

imperialism2024

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Cool are you going to do the tromix custom work that really makes the design shine.

Not sure yet. Right now I'm focusing on purchasing the basic guns that I want and ever will want that fall into the "assault weapon" category. Until I see sufficient proof that a new, permanent ban is virtually impossible, or until I snatch up all the guns on my list, whichever comes first, I'm holding off on purchasing optics or any other accessories or customization.