Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Governor Kaine Supports Open Carry!!!

Post imported post

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/03/kain...n-owner-rights

What are our chances of an override for both?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Restaurant carry didn't pass with enough votes for an override.
    Glovebox carry maybe.
    I'm not holding my breath. OC for another year.

Post imported post

common sense falls victim to stupidity yet again...

Post imported post

As Republicans start losing more elections in line with the political re-alignment brought on by Bush's dismantling of the Reagan coalition, I suspect we'll see alot more of this kind of stuff.

Dig in and hold the fort!!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

What a horse's ass.

Post imported post

“Allowing concealed weapons into restaurants and bars that serve alcohol puts the public, the employees, and our public safety officers at risk,” Kaine said. “I take seriously the objections of law enforcement to this measure.”
    Ha! I'll just continue to OC, so him vetoing this has made no impact Also you got to love how he deflects this in his last sentence. I guess I read that as he vetoed it because of objections of LEO, and not because he's a doesn't like guns.

Post imported post

Someone should remind the moron that he works for the citizens, not the LE community...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    What a horse's ass.
    Thank you -- I double that and add one more.

DC

Post imported post

“Allowing concealed weapons into restaurants and bars that serve alcohol puts the public, the employees, and our public safety officers at risk,” Kaine said. “I take seriously the objections of law enforcement to this measure.”

Gee I wonder if the LEO community objects to being credited for this veto?

Post imported post

sorry i could not help myself...the system fails again. i feel safer knowing that da Führer has me and my families best interest's in mind. good thing the police always show up in time to cover with a white sheet and wrap yellow tape...

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:

Gee I wonder if the LEO community objects to being credited for this veto?
    We must then ask - What then does Governor Kaine want?

A. Leave it at home (Disarmed citizens)

or

B. Leave it in the Car (Disarmed citizens and Guns left in cars stolen)

or

C. Open Carry in Restaurants:celebrate

I personally thinkCitizen Kaine is a closet gun grabber who uses emotion and excuses to continue to abridge our rights.

As for me, I will not disarm and I will not leave my firearms in my vehicle to be stolen. I will open carry in restaurants.

Besides, if you have a concealed handgun permit there isn't a penalty for being caught concealing in a restaurant is there?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Kane = Sara Brady's new Most Favorite Person.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    SNIP Besides, if you have a concealed handgun permit there isn't a penalty for being caught concealing in a restaurant is there?
    Lets not discuss breaking the law.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

GGRRRRR

Funny thing is that MOST people never even notice the gun OC.

I just wanted the option....

Ric

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:

Besides, if you have a concealed handgun permit there isn't a penalty for being caught concealing in a restaurant is there?
    No there is a penalty, its a class 1 misdemeanor, your permit essentially doesn't exist in a restaurant that serves alcohol so the penalty for illegal concealed carry applies.

Post imported post

Most LEOs I've talked to were in favor of the restaurant ban repeal. Seems to me that Kaine listened only to a select few that shared his same sentiments.

Quite honestly though, the fact that it was shot down makes me want to open carry even more in restaurants now. Somewhat of a shrug-the-shoulders-okay...if-that's-the-way-you-want-it-then-learn-to-live-with-seeing-people-open-carry attitude.

Kaine's rationale is all wrong... by vetoing that repeal, he hasn't made restaurants safer, he's only made sure that criminals who are going to carry illegally concealed in restaurants anyway can see which law-abiding gun owner to shoot first.

What's next? Metal detectors in all restaurants?

Post imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
    Someone should remind the moron that he works for the citizens, not the LE community...
    I seriously doubt it was honestly the "LE Community" as much as it was representatives from ABC and VA Restaurants who have opposed this bill at every turn. The VA restaurants association pulls in a BUTTLOAD of revenue from tourists and locals and has attempted to wield their influence in capitol quarters before. The sight of armed Virginians in their establishments, oh the horror. . .never mind it would act as a crime deterrent and help their patrons and tourists from being robbed, they fear it might make people uncomfortable!!!!!

Pardon me while I puke.

LEO's are just a red hearing to shield the restaurant association from potential backlash, bad press, boycotts, etc.

The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when youre serious and when youre being sarcastic. Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

72Malibu wrote:
    Quite honestly though, the fact that it was shot down makes me want to open carry even more in restaurants now. Somewhat of a shrug-the-shoulders-okay...if-that's-the-way-you-want-it-then-learn-to-live-with-seeing-people-open-carry attitude.
    That's what I'm going to do. I don't like it, but what we've got here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. I don't like it any more than you men, but if that's the way he wants, he gets.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    72Malibu wrote:
    That's what I'm going to do. I don't like it, but what we've got here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. I don't like it any more than you men, but if that's the way he wants, he gets.
    Yeah I may need to carry the big gun instead of the little gun to go to lunch.

Post imported post

Headline:

Kaine Supports Open Carry

If he can lie, we can spin.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

DrMark wrote:
    Headline:

Now THAT's sheer genius DrMark! Awesome idea for a title change! Done!

OP? Any objections? (PM sent)

Post imported post

We have an absolute idiot for a governor. Any chance of an override vote to make it law?

Post imported post

DrMark wrote:
    Headline:

NICE!
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

No there is a penalty, its a class 1 misdemeanor, your permit essentially doesn't exist in a restaurant that serves alcohol so the penalty for illegal concealed carry applies.
    I understand your logic, but am not convinced. There is no plain language penalty for concealed permit holders. If the legislature had intended a penalty, one would have been identified.

Link to 18.2 308:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+18.2-308

Link to 18.2 287.4:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...cod+18.2-287.4

1. Plain Language

There is nothing in 18.2 - 308 that says your permit does not exist in a restaurant. Indeed if I were to carry my loaded SU-16 with a 30 round magazine intoa restaurant the permit would be valid to exempt me from 18.2 - 287.4.

The concealed restaurant section is J3. J covers violations with a permit. Each section J, J1, J2, and J4 have a penalty, but J3 does not.

Part J penalties:

J- shall forfeit his permit

J1- guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor and revoke the person's permit and ineligible to apply for a concealed handgun permit for a period of five years

J2- permit suspended

J3 - (Restaurant Ban) NOTHING

J4 - permit suspended

I am not disputing the illegality of the act,I am just not convincedthat it is a Class 1 misdemeanor.

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

So now we open carry even more and when asked we simply state-

"This ishow the governor wants it since he vetoed restaurant concealed carry!!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast