• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Governor Kaine Supports Open Carry!!!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Restaurant carry didn't pass with enough votes for an override.
Glovebox carry maybe.
I'm not holding my breath. OC for another year.
:monkey

sjhipple

imported post

As Republicans start losing more elections in line with the political re-alignment brought on by Bush's dismantling of the Reagan coalition, I suspect we'll see alot more of this kind of stuff.

Dig in and hold the fort!!

eyesopened

imported post

“Allowing concealed weapons into restaurants and bars that serve alcohol puts the public, the employees, and our public safety officers at risk,” Kaine said. “I take seriously the objections of law enforcement to this measure.”
Ha! I'll just continue to OC, so him vetoing this has made no impact :lol:Also you got to love how he deflects this in his last sentence. I guess I read that as he vetoed it because of objections of LEO, and not because he's a doesn't like guns.

longwatch

imported post

“Allowing concealed weapons into restaurants and bars that serve alcohol puts the public, the employees, and our public safety officers at risk,” Kaine said. “I take seriously the objections of law enforcement to this measure.”

Gee I wonder if the LEO community objects to being credited for this veto?

ballester

imported post

:banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss:sorry i could not help myself...the system fails again. i feel safer knowing that da Führer has me and my families best interest's in mind. good thing the police always show up in time to cover with a white sheet and wrap yellow tape...:banghead:

Thundar

imported post

longwatch wrote:

Gee I wonder if the LEO community objects to being credited for this veto?

We must then ask - What then does Governor Kaine want?

A. Leave it at home (Disarmed citizens)

or

B. Leave it in the Car (Disarmed citizens and Guns left in cars stolen)

or

C. Open Carry in Restaurants:celebrate

I personally thinkCitizen Kaine is a closet gun grabber who uses emotion and excuses to continue to abridge our rights.

As for me, I will not disarm and I will not leave my firearms in my vehicle to be stolen. I will open carry in restaurants.

Besides, if you have a concealed handgun permit there isn't a penalty for being caught concealing in a restaurant is there?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thundar wrote:
SNIP Besides, if you have a concealed handgun permit there isn't a penalty for being caught concealing in a restaurant is there?

Lets not discuss breaking the law.

longwatch

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Besides, if you have a concealed handgun permit there isn't a penalty for being caught concealing in a restaurant is there?
No there is a penalty, its a class 1 misdemeanor, your permit essentially doesn't exist in a restaurant that serves alcohol so the penalty for illegal concealed carry applies.

72Malibu

imported post

Most LEOs I've talked to were in favor of the restaurant ban repeal. Seems to me that Kaine listened only to a select few that shared his same sentiments.

Quite honestly though, the fact that it was shot down makes me want to open carry even more in restaurants now. Somewhat of a shrug-the-shoulders-okay...if-that's-the-way-you-want-it-then-learn-to-live-with-seeing-people-open-carry attitude.

Kaine's rationale is all wrong... by vetoing that repeal, he hasn't made restaurants safer, he's only made sure that criminals who are going to carry illegally concealed in restaurants anyway can see which law-abiding gun owner to shoot first.

What's next? Metal detectors in all restaurants?

ChinChin

imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
Someone should remind the moron that he works for the citizens, not the LE community...
I seriously doubt it was honestly the "LE Community" as much as it was representatives from ABC and VA Restaurants who have opposed this bill at every turn. The VA restaurants association pulls in a BUTTLOAD of revenue from tourists and locals and has attempted to wield their influence in capitol quarters before. The sight of armed Virginians in their establishments, oh the horror. . .never mind it would act as a crime deterrent and help their patrons and tourists from being robbed, they fear it might make people uncomfortable!!!!!

Pardon me while I puke.

LEO's are just a red hearing to shield the restaurant association from potential backlash, bad press, boycotts, etc.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

72Malibu wrote:
Quite honestly though, the fact that it was shot down makes me want to open carry even more in restaurants now. Somewhat of a shrug-the-shoulders-okay...if-that's-the-way-you-want-it-then-learn-to-live-with-seeing-people-open-carry attitude.

That's what I'm going to do. I don't like it, but what we've got here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. I don't like it any more than you men, but if that's the way he wants, he gets.

Ric in Richmond

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
72Malibu wrote:

That's what I'm going to do. I don't like it, but what we've got here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. I don't like it any more than you men, but if that's the way he wants, he gets.
Yeah I may need to carry the big gun instead of the little gun to go to lunch.